Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stress Test

http://www.burningsea.com/page/news/article&article_id=10427

Stress test announced today. But only for filepanet subscribers.

Guess it's time to reactivate...

Thoughts?

Comments

• Enforcer71Enforcer71 Member UncommonPosts: 780

Even though I would love to help test the game and its servers I could not justify a membership to a website just for a few days of testing. Unfortunately I never got a beta invite but what I have seen so far from the Dev's and their constant appearance on the message boards tells me this will be a special game so I will just have to wait.

Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be there,
    80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters.
    Ah, but one, ONE of them is a warrior,
    and he will bring the others home.
    -Heraclitus 500BC

• IbextoIbexto Member Posts: 277

Just read that and was hoping they would open it up more than to just File Planet.  Oh well, guess I'm just sitting on my hands again waiting for pre-order and release.

Cheers.

• KimendirKimendir Member Posts: 2

Only abt. $6 for a month of FilePlanet though.. I just resubscribed myself - arr just can't wait any longer

And if I'm lucky I won't have to download the entire game again at launchday (?)

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094

Wohoo, I knew I keep a FP sub for a reason =D

Just hope this does not dissapoint as much as WAR beta did.

• sitheussitheus Member Posts: 230

Still got an active sub so can't wait to try it.  What comes with the stress test? All the current content or is it just some portion of it? Either way should be fun I hope.

• hazmatshazmats Member Posts: 1,081

Originally posted by sitheus
    Still got an active sub so can't wait to try it. What comes with the stress test? All the current content or is it just some portion of it? Either way should be fun I hope.

It's a stress test. so I would expect long loading screens, horrible lag, and many crashes. Don't expect the game to run flawlessly.

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Nice; can't wait.

• zeroburritozeroburrito Member Posts: 84

not worth it. its only for 3 days. luckily i already have an account.

• GruntiesGrunties Member Posts: 859

PoTBS is my mmorpg of choice but every time i see a game use a pay sign up site like fileplanet to do its stress tests, I throw up a little in my mouth and it loses a few points on my respect meter. I'm not paying them to beta test for them. But lucky for them, there are those that will.

Waiting for: A skill-based MMO with Freedom and Consequence.
    Woe to thee, the pierce-ed.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Originally posted by Grunties

PoTBS is my mmorpg of choice but every time i see a game use a pay sign up site like fileplanet to do its stress tests, I throw up a little in my mouth and it loses a few points on my respect meter. I'm not paying them to beta test for them. But lucky for them, there are those that will.

I agree. But it disapoints me that they aren't doing an open beta.

Has FLS said whether or not they're doing an early Pre-Order access?

• AgtSmithAgtSmith Member Posts: 1,498

Originally posted by star.buck

Thoughts?

It is now open to any FP account holder, free or pay.  I think FLS got them to let others in so the community could take part, but it is first come, first served as far as keys.

--------------------------------
    Achiever 60.00%, Socializer 53.00%, Killer 47.00%, Explorer 40.00%
    Intel Core i7 Quad, Intel X58 SLi, 6G Corsair XMS DDR3, Intel X-25 SSD, 3 WD Velociraptor SATA SuperTrak SAS EX8650 Array, OCZ 1250W PS, GTX 295, xFi, 32" 1080p LCD

• NeverasNeveras Member UncommonPosts: 303

Originally posted by AgtSmith

Thoughts?

It is now open to any FP account holder, free or pay.  I think FLS got them to let others in so the community could take part, but it is first come, first served as far as keys.

Actually that's usually the way Fileplanet does most of it's beta's it let's any subscriber get first chance at the beta and then the last 24 hours or so they release a bunch of keys into the general public. It's how FP has pretty much always worked.

Yeah, I credited FLS since they seem to have opened it to all comers before it even started - but who knows.  :-)

Intel Core i7 Quad, Intel X58 SLi, 6G Corsair XMS DDR3, Intel X-25 SSD, 3 WD Velociraptor SATA SuperTrak SAS EX8650 Array, OCZ 1250W PS, GTX 295, xFi, 32" 1080p LCD

• DremacDremac Member Posts: 187

People who buy the pre-order box will get to start playing 15 days before everyone else, I'm not sure if that answers your question or not...

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Originally posted by Dremac

People who buy the pre-order box will get to start playing 15 days before everyone else, I'm not sure if that answers your question or not...

Nope. You answered it perfectly.

Thanks a ton.

Today also marks the announcement of the pre-order. On October 23, you?ll see Pirates of the Burning Sea boxes at retailers everywhere! The pre-order has some great stuff:

Soundtrack – If you’ve been to the new marketing site, then you’ve heard some of the great music that our composers have made for us. It’s really gorgeous stuff, and we?ve put 60 minutes of it on a CD for you to listen to.

Parrot – Everyone who gets the pre-order box will get a parrot that they can equip. The parrot sits on your shoulder, and moves like a real parrot as you go about your business. One of our guys (who shall remain nameless) said about the idea “I dunno, it’s just a parrot.” Then he saw it and said “I have to have it!”

To put it simply, parrots rock!! Now that we’ve seen the parrot work out so well, we’re looking at other animals to put in. Maybe the Pets System will show up much earlier than expected!

Swords – We have master blades for each fighting school that you get at the start of the game. The swords help with both offensive moves and parry, so they’re pretty cool for the swashbuckling combat.

Finally, everyone who gets the pre-order will also be allowed into the game 15 days before the official launch (with a level cap of 20), so it’s a great head start. It also helps us out, because we can distribute the world population a little bit better so the launch goes better for everyone.

- From PotBS Website Pre-Order details

• Enforcer71Enforcer71 Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by AgtSmith

Today also marks the announcement of the pre-order. On October 23, you?ll see Pirates of the Burning Sea boxes at retailers everywhere! The pre-order has some great stuff:
    Soundtrack – If you’ve been to the new marketing site, then you’ve heard some of the great music that our composers have made for us. It’s really gorgeous stuff, and we?ve put 60 minutes of it on a CD for you to listen to.
    Parrot – Everyone who gets the pre-order box will get a parrot that they can equip. The parrot sits on your shoulder, and moves like a real parrot as you go about your business. One of our guys (who shall remain nameless) said about the idea “I dunno, it’s just a parrot.” Then he saw it and said “I have to have it!”
    To put it simply, parrots rock!! Now that we’ve seen the parrot work out so well, we’re looking at other animals to put in. Maybe the Pets System will show up much earlier than expected!
    Swords – We have master blades for each fighting school that you get at the start of the game. The swords help with both offensive moves and parry, so they’re pretty cool for the swashbuckling combat.
    Finally, everyone who gets the pre-order will also be allowed into the game 15 days before the official launch (with a level cap of 20), so it’s a great head start. It also helps us out, because we can distribute the world population a little bit better so the launch goes better for everyone.

- From PotBS Website Pre-Order details

Good to see the change for download on the stress test. Also thanks for posting the pre-order.

Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be there,
    80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters.
    Ah, but one, ONE of them is a warrior,
    and he will bring the others home.
    -Heraclitus 500BC

• sodapopinskisodapopinski Member Posts: 30

Sorry to hear that.  I'll be enjoying my stress test while you brush that taste out of your mouth.  Have fun!

• XLCSXLCS Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by sodapopinski

Sorry to hear that.  I'll be enjoying my stress test while you brush that taste out of your mouth.  Have fun!

I bet those server crashes and bugs that always accompany a STRESS TEST make the 2-3 hour download worth it for you then! gj Einstein! 

• sodapopinskisodapopinski Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by XLCS

I bet those server crashes and bugs that always accompany a STRESS TEST make the 2-3 hour download worth it for you then! gj Einstein! 

Never claimed to be Einstein.  Just a guy who enjoys the benefits of his fileplanet account, which includes a hell of a lot more than stress tests, genius.

Originally posted by XLCS

Never claimed to be Einstein.  Just a guy who enjoys the benefits of his fileplanet account, which includes a hell of a lot more than stress tests, genius.

They finally made it so that anyone with file planet account paying or not paying can do the stress test. That was at least 2 days ago.

• LouiseKLouiseK Member Posts: 258

Bah thats if you get to play anyway... i know i know, stress test... but its 11am GMT so all the Brits are just waking up and i think all the americans are tucked up in their bed and there is STILL a queue of 40 mins so far.

zzzzzzzz

I just know its gonna crash as soon as i get in :P

Well, it's 5:30 am here and I have been playing nearly 2 hours straight without a restart or overload. Having fun with it though I know it'll be restarted soon probably :(   But its a stress test so...

Originally posted by sitheus

Well, it's 5:30 am here and I have been playing nearly 2 hours straight without a restart or overload. Having fun with it though I know it'll be restarted soon probably :(   But its a stress test so...

Remember the NDA - you are not supposed to discuss anyhting about the Stress Test including being in it.

• RegetaRegeta Member Posts: 24

The fact they expect ppl to have an NDA with an open-to-all free beta is just lunacy.

Why this community holds NDA's as more serious than their religion is beyond me. Worship the NDA! People act like breaking NDA will send you to hell for all of eternity, as if they worship MMORPG's as their religious, taking them VERY seriously.

I played the game, and it was cool. I was rather disappointed in some areas though, but it's beta.

OOPS, did I break NDA?

zomg! call the NDA spanish inquisition!!!!!!