Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

do you need the adventure packs?

roach2489roach2489 Member Posts: 55

do you need them? I'm gonna purchase the 3 expansions from SOE site since the Direct 2 drive isnt working.. but do you accually need them? what do they do ..?

Comments

• AmatalAmatal Member UncommonPosts: 184

Ugh... dont purchase the expansions from the SoE site- with the original game it will cost you 3 times the price of a retail box or the D2D download.
    As for the adventure packs- no you dont need the, allthough they are neat to have as well.
    First adventure pack- the Bloodline chronicles is the worst of the 3, has its moments but it requires a full group to be finished through a chain of quests. This offcourse can pose a problem as not everyone has the AP, and not that many people want to bother with cooridinating a group through a rather largish quest chain.but i believe it only costs about 3-4$ so it is worth getting even if only for the solo parts and some nifty rewards.
    Second Adventure pack is the Splitpaw saga, i found this one to be well worth the money spent. It is a scalable instance (lvls 20 upwards)and is a real change in type of gamplay you normally encounter. Lots of riddles, movable objects, barrels of explosive, and collapsable walls.
    Third and last is the Fallen Dynasty- this is probably the only one that could be considered "a must have" due to rich high level content. But you can easily wait before reaching lvl 50 to purchase it as before that it will be unusable for you.

• roach2489roach2489 Member Posts: 55

hmph i saw no replys then bought it then came back and saw a reply.. Oh well .

Patience is a virtue!
    Besides, adventure packs can be rather fun if you plan on fully enjoying EQ2.
    ;)

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

The only Adventure Pack worth getting IMO is the Splitpaw Saga.  This one was the most fun and innovative of the three adventure packs.

• SlangerSlanger Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by Flem

The only Adventure Pack worth getting IMO is the Splitpaw Saga.  This one was the most fun and innovative of the three adventure packs.

Agreed. Although I can't speak for the other Adventure packs as I only purchased Splitpaw Saga, everyone I've asked has not once told me to purchase any of the other adventure packs.

Currently Playing: Eve-Online
    On the Backburner: EQ2
    Retired: EQ, DAoC, WW2Online
    RIP: AC2
    Tried: Ryzom, Roma Victor, RoM, KH2, Forsaken World, AO, AoC, APB
    Quit: SWG PRE-CU(Radiant/Starsider), WoW

Achiever 47% / Explorer 40% / Killer 87% / Socializer 27%

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810
    Originally posted by Flem

Fallen Dynasty is better, but it’s more focused on group/raid content.  Nizara is still the most challenging and interesting group instance in the game.  
  • matraquematraque Member Posts: 1,431

Any of em are "solo"

thanks!

eqnext.wikia.com

All of them have some solo content, with the Bloodline Chronicles having the least and Splipaw saga the most solo value.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by matraque

Any of em are "solo"

thanks!

Only the first quest in Bloodlines was solo, which was all of about 20 minutes worth.  The rest of it required a group.