Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not a good sign!

erickdeforeserickdefores Member Posts: 161

I must admit to being a bit unhappy with this game allready.  I took the time to download and install this title only to be thwarted at the login screen.  I continue to get an "UNABLE TO ACCESS SEVER" message.  9 am Sunday morning and the server is down??  wow!  There are many other titles out there and this does not make for a good impression!

Comments

• QQ more. What did you expect from a f2p?

• DeadeXDeadeX Member Posts: 170

Same problem. " Can't acces to login server " or summit

• mmorpgtest3rmmorpgtest3r Member UncommonPosts: 35

bah im palying it and im happy with it even the servers are down, according to acrchlord/rf-online the server providers are having problems with the server, small memory cache are gone causing the server crash for peopel to play archlord or rf-online!

read more on there forums!!!

• erickdeforeserickdefores Member Posts: 161

Just thought An update is in order.  Finally got online and went to character creation and from the onset ran into a BIG issue.

I can't seem to change the gender of my character.  They could not have left out one of the most basic of player choices! could they?  I have no problem over what sex others play  but I am not into cross dressing.  So there goes the Human spell caster and both of the Elvin classes for that matter. 

Also the issue with the server connection continues.  After going through the minimal choices available to character creation i was given the message  "SERVER CONNECTION DISCONTINUED".  The only bright side to this is I can recreate my character in less then 2 minutes.  So much for personal touches.  Moving on.

• mmorpgtest3rmmorpgtest3r Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by erickdefores

Just thought An update is in order.  Finally got online and went to character creation and from the onset ran into a BIG issue.

I can't seem to change the gender of my character.  They could not have left out one of the most basic of player choices! could they?  I have no problem over what sex others play  but I am not into cross dressing.  So there goes the Human spell caster and both of the Elvin classes for that matter. 
    Also the issue with the server connection continues.  After going through the minimal choices available to character creation i was given the message  "SERVER CONNECTION DISCONTINUED".  The only bright side to this is I can recreate my character in less then 2 minutes.  So much for personal touches.  Moving on.

if you started playing today, at the moment there is a server problem they are fixing. the servers are NOW back up but login is having problems. please read: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3080968#3080968

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

If things like character customization are an issue to you, I don't think this is really the right game for you.

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

Not having gender choices in a game is.... well it's just laziness on the part of the developers.

There really is no excuse for it.

and blah blah you can talk about lore, but as the poster said some of us don't play video games so we can stare at our toon and drool on our keyboards. Not that the female avatars in AL are that much to look at anyway.

I honestly think this game is geared towards preteens, pretty graphics, simple game play, anime characters and free to play, kind of silly imo when the average age of people playing mmo's is early 30's.

• SoultwisterSoultwister Member Posts: 93

Originally posted by zigmund

Not having gender choices in a game is.... well it's just laziness on the part of the developers.

and blah blah you can talk about lore, but as the poster said some of us don't play video games so we can stare at our toon and drool on our keyboards. Not that the female avatars in AL are that much to look at anyway.

I honestly think this game is geared towards preteens, pretty graphics, simple game play, anime characters and free to play, kind of silly imo when the average age of people playing mmo's is early 30's.

its a f2p game, why do people complain. You want something better, PAY!

QQMORE

wow, you REALLY have no clue about mmo's in general do you?

Laziness on part of the developers? Come back when you actually have done some researcn on the genre.

• Profizzle99Profizzle99 Member Posts: 1

Looks like an ok game to me

• KnowthoughtKnowthought Member Posts: 5

I have had these problems too but hey your not paying to play it and as usual they are not down for very long and even if they are going to give you a double xp event to make up for it

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

You want to see "lazyness"? Go drop 50 bucks and 14.99 a month on Vanguard then come back and complain

ANyway, don't know much about archlord, I was just looking at the threads, I read they added a server so I was curious as to what was going on.

Check out "Perfect World" for some of the best (and in some cases, bizarro) character creation next to City of Heroes. You might not like the game but the character creation is very good...and its free.

Originally posted by Gameloading

Laziness on part of the developers? Come back when you actually have done some researcn on the genre.

Why is it Western Dev's can find the time to give players a choice on gender and not AL's?

In fact even in most Asian mmo's players are given a choice in gender.

Gameloading maybe you need to play some mmo's other than Asian ftp ones. Because you seem to have a real bias towards them and trying to convince others on how "good" they are.

Asian mmo's don't even come close to the quality found in Western mmo's - not even close.

Game play in general - Western

UI Customization - Western

PVP and RVR - Western

Crafting - Western

Housing - Western

Auction Houses - Western

Freedom of Movement - Western

Questing - Western

Raiding - Western

Mob AI - Western

City Building - Western

Less Grind - Western

Pretty Graphics / flashy combat animations - Asian

Item Malls - Asian

Weapon and Armour Slotting - Asian

Character choice in start up gender - Western

So yes Gameloading "I've got a clue", maybe it's time you got one.

• CherokeeRainCherokeeRain Member Posts: 13

HEY HEY, people.... You are a bit confused by F2P games  .... let me clue you in...you dont have to pay to play but to PLAY COOL  you do have to pay....in their ITEM shops.  How else would you be playing a free game....sooner or later you will not get the best gear without having to pay out real cash.   LOL   Oh yeah you can try to wait and buy from players but people when an item costs 1,000,000 upwards to 30 mil,  believe you either need to buy game currency or have a gimpy character. :)

Why is it Western Dev's can find the time to give players a choice on gender and not AL's?

Gameloading maybe you need to play some mmo's other than Asian ftp ones. Because you seem to have a real bias towards them and trying to convince others on how "good" they are.

Asian mmo's don't even come close to the quality found in Western mmo's - not even close.

PVP and RVR - Western

Crafting - Western

Housing - Western

Auction Houses - Western

Questing - Western

Raiding - Western

Mob AI - Western

City Building - Western

Less Grind - Western

Item Malls - Asian

And here you made the assumption that I have not played anything but Free to Play MMO's. I have played every single western mmorpg ever released. So woops, there goes your arguement.

Nice list you got there, unfortunatly it's just your opinion and since you clearly have a bias against asian games and love to stereotype them, despite the fact you have played less than 5% of them, I can't say I put any value on that opinion.

Because it's ArchLords way of trying to get hundreds of characters on the screen during clan fights and sieges while still getting.  Some MMO's simply limit the amount of equipment, other limit the genders.  These type of games were also scheduled to release in areas like China, and a high end PC simply isn't the norm there.

Sorry Gameloading at no time have you ever been able to show me how an Asian mmo in general is better than a Western mmo.

I made the list on why Western mmo's are better - and their even rated higher on this site.

Because Western players prefer Western style mmo's - so why not cater to your market?

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

PVP and RVR - Western

Crafting - Western

Housing - Western

Auction Houses - Western

Questing - Western

Raiding - Western

Mob AI - Western

City Building - Western

Less Grind - Western

Item Malls - Asian

And here you made the assumption that I have not played anything but Free to Play MMO's. I have played every single western mmorpg ever released. So woops, there goes your arguement.

Nice list you got there, unfortunatly it's just your opinion and since you clearly have a bias against asian games and love to stereotype them, despite the fact you have played less than 5% of them, I can't say I put any value on that opinion.

Because it's ArchLords way of trying to get hundreds of characters on the screen during clan fights and sieges while still getting.  Some MMO's simply limit the amount of equipment, other limit the genders.  These type of games were also scheduled to release in areas like China, and a high end PC simply isn't the norm there.

The fact that you think limiting a gender choice would cut back down on lag (as if only showing one type of gender for a class instead of two is really going to cut down) than you have no idea how computers in general work.

Originally posted by Nadril

PVP and RVR - Western

Crafting - Western

Housing - Western

Auction Houses - Western

Questing - Western

Raiding - Western

Mob AI - Western

City Building - Western

Less Grind - Western

Item Malls - Asian

The fact that you think limiting a gender choice would cut back down on lag (as if only showing one type of gender for a class instead of two is really going to cut down) than you have no idea how computers in general work.

Cutting down in gender and customization does improve the framerate, yes. There is a very good reason why almost every MMORPG with large sieges offer little customization. Keep in mind that lowering the gender classes also lowers the possible different armor sets.

I was not talking about connection lag.

Sorry Gameloading at no time have you ever been able to show me how an Asian mmo in general is better than a Western mmo.
    I made the list on why Western mmo's are better - and their even rated higher on this site.
    Because Western players prefer Western style mmo's - so why not cater to your market?

I could show you an MMORPG that has everything you ever wanted and you would still claim it's crap just because its Asian.

And the ratings on this website mean little to nothing. According to this website, World of Warcraft is not even in the top 10 mmorpg's and Everquest 2 is the best mmorpg around. Also if we're willing to believe this forum than one would thing that nobody in the west plays asian mmorpg's, which everyone unbiased know is silly as games like Silkroad and Maple Story are sickening successfull, With SIlkroad having over 20 full servers not including asian servers.

• In all honesty I am rather impressed with the game.  The graphics a very nice, it plays well (once you get used to the point and click movement) and I like the added bonus of players being able to fight each other without having to go into a special zone for pvp.  My only problem with the game is that it crashes on a regualar basis on my machine.  I am not sure what causes the issue yet.  Most of my crashes seem to happen when I start communicating with an NPC in the game, usually the blacksmith.  My only temp fix is to uninstall the game, run a registry fixer, reboot and then reinstll the game.  After that, the game plays very well for a while.  I also did not like the lack of gender choices but I got over it.  It does not matter what sex your character is, the game play is still pretty much the same.  Besides, whether you are a girl or a boy in the game, some jerk with a high level is still going to walk by and beat you into the ground just for the joy of it.

PVP and RVR - Western

Crafting - Western

Housing - Western

Auction Houses - Western

Questing - Western

Raiding - Western

Mob AI - Western

City Building - Western

Less Grind - Western

Item Malls - Asian

Cutting down in gender and customization does improve the framerate, yes. There is a very good reason why almost every MMORPG with large sieges offer little customization. Keep in mind that lowering the gender classes also lowers the possible different armor sets.

I wasn't either.

And you still don't know what you are talking about. The only reason game developers do it are either out of laziness or just the fact that it doesn't really matter.

If there are 5 people on the screen and all 5 are male, versus 3 male 2 female they would both tax the system equally -- given both models are of roughly equal polygons/quality. Just because its different isn't going to make a difference.

PVP and RVR - Western

Crafting - Western

Housing - Western

Auction Houses - Western

Questing - Western

Raiding - Western

Mob AI - Western

City Building - Western

Less Grind - Western

Item Malls - Asian

I wasn't either.

And you still don't know what you are talking about. The only reason game developers do it are either out of laziness or just the fact that it doesn't really matter.

If there are 5 people on the screen and all 5 are male, versus 3 male 2 female they would both tax the system equally -- given both models are of roughly equal polygons/quality. Just because its different isn't going to make a difference.

umm..yes it does. Developers of multiple game that offer few customization have given performance as a reason. In fact, you can read this in an interview with the Agency developers that customization has to be limited because of Performance. The more characters that need to be drawn, the more performance is required.

Wether you like to accept it or not, performance and customization are directly related.

PVP and RVR - Western

Crafting - Western

Housing - Western

Auction Houses - Western

Questing - Western

Raiding - Western

Mob AI - Western

City Building - Western

Less Grind - Western

Item Malls - Asian

I wasn't either.

umm..yes it does. Developers of multiple game that offer few customization have given performance as a reason. In fact, you can read this in an interview with the Agency developers that customization has to be limited because of Performance. The more characters that need to be drawn, the more performance is required.

Wether you like to accept it or not, performance and customization are directly related.

I'm sorry but you're just wrong. The only reason to offer little customization is because, honestly, in a PvP game it doesn't mater. It has NOTHING AT ALL to do with a performance hit!

Also, more characters that need to be drawn. You make it seem like if there would be 100 of the same character it would only lag you a little bit, because they are all the same. But throw in characters that look different into the mix and somehow its just going to destroy your machine.

If you think your HD is loading extra textures and its lagging you, you're wrong. If there are 5 guys that look exactly the same it would load them from the HD 'one at a time' so to speak. What I mean is that it wouldn't see one of them and automaticly know and show the rest of them without any sort of aditional lag you would get from the textures. Its the exact same thing as if you were loading 5 different kind of character models.

So please get this strange idea out of your head, because it isn't true at the least.

• Originally posted by Nadril

PVP and RVR - Western

Crafting - Western

Housing - Western

Auction Houses - Western

Questing - Western

Raiding - Western

Mob AI - Western

City Building - Western

Less Grind - Western

Item Malls - Asian

I wasn't either.

I'm sorry but you're just wrong. The only reason to offer little customization is because, honestly, in a PvP game it doesn't mater. It has NOTHING AT ALL to do with a performance hit!

Also, more characters that need to be drawn. You make it seem like if there would be 100 of the same character it would only lag you a little bit, because they are all the same. But throw in characters that look different into the mix and somehow its just going to destroy your machine.

If you think your HD is loading extra textures and its lagging you, you're wrong. If there are 5 guys that look exactly the same it would load them from the HD 'one at a time' so to speak. What I mean is that it wouldn't see one of them and automaticly know and show the rest of them without any sort of aditional lag you would get from the textures. Its the exact same thing as if you were loading 5 different kind of character models.

So please get this strange idea out of your head, because it isn't true at the least.

I just had to quote it one more time.  9 times just didn't seem like enough so I had to do it a 10th time.  :)

PVP and RVR - Western

Crafting - Western

Housing - Western

Auction Houses - Western

Questing - Western

Raiding - Western

Mob AI - Western

City Building - Western

Less Grind - Western

Item Malls - Asian

I wasn't either.

The more different textures you're loading the more recources are required.

The fact that every single mmorpg that offers massive sieges has little customization is NOT a coincidence, get it into your head.

Back when EA was working on the very first Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle earth they said they wanted to make more characters look different in a unit, but this was impossible because of the fact the performance would take a hit, hence they were forced to make units look exactly the same.

Same thing with the Agency, the Art director has reported they couldn't allow more finely character customization because of the framerate.

Just because it's a pvp game doesn't mean that people don't want character customization. Even games like Granado Espada, which are also heavily based on PVE, have no character customization.