Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RYL is boring

I started playing RYL because I read on the web site that you would own teritory and defend it but it didn't say that you had to play the boring game for awile to get to that point. I played it for a couple hours and I was done.

Comments

• K8107K8107 Member Posts: 3
    Its all about partying in ryl.  If you get into a party its much faster to level and its more fun.

• ZAFOZAFO Member Posts: 5
    wel it depends on the party if its like you and all the same lvl then yea but if you are fight ting low lvl with lke ten ppl in party you get crap for xpimage

• WalterWalter Member Posts: 1

As said over its all about partying and being several people together to gain exp quick.. Anyhow .. Saying its boring after a few hours playing, without trying more of the aspects of the game than fast leveling up to class change, is stupid .. Give it a chance, and ill asure you it grows on you

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

Risk Your Life...a, as you call it, BORING beta? Yea right man! Its one of the best beta's ive ever played. The combat is truly the best out there, even compared to existing MMO's. The armor looks really cool and actually serves multiple purposes. The armor is kinda like UO, each with different stats and such.

Then comes the partying and gold system. Partying is really fun, and the experience is perfect for the creatures you kill. There are also massive bosses in certain parts, i haven't been able to kill any, or wound them, but looks like a challenge! The gold is sweet, you can find cool items right whne you start playing and make enough money for decent items!

great game, especially for beta...

-Farseen-

Played: UO, EQ, AO, SWG, FFXI, Shadowbane, EVE, Horizons, AC2, DAoC, L][

Current Testing: RYL, Everquest 2 (soon)

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Umm is the beta accesable to anyone? or is it closed??? Id really like to try this game.

• loreofchaosloreofchaos Member Posts: 316
    its open and by the way....farseen saw my char LOL....yea heres the link to malay NA version is in alpha http://www.ryl.com.my image may your lvlin be fast

a job of a lorer is to preach the history of chaos with out the lorer of chaos all would be in chaos

Take a deep drink of your demon Lad, tonight we tangle with the fire in the gut.

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344
    haha i've seen you! which server? say hello next time

-Farseen-

Played: UO, EQ, AO, SWG, FFXI, Shadowbane, EVE, Horizons, AC2, DAoC, L][

Current Testing: RYL, Everquest 2 (soon)

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• loreofchaosloreofchaos Member Posts: 316

Originally posted by Farseen
    haha i've seen you! which server? say hello next time

-Farseen-

well the problem was the server went down nearin completion of my lvl 29.....but ya ill be sure to give you a good stand on your feet

a job of a lorer is to preach the history of chaos with out the lorer of chaos all would be in chaos

Take a deep drink of your demon Lad, tonight we tangle with the fire in the gut.

• StabbyStabby Member Posts: 39

The stuff you are talking about has started to be implemented in version 5.14 (the version Planetwide Games, Inc. are releasing).

They are currently localizing version 5.24.

• perfdarkperfdark Member Posts: 24
    Such a fun game and I can't wait til NA beta starts. I signed up for closed beta at the NA beta site and also sent in an entry for the contest their doing. Hope I get in one of them.

• AsanderAsander Member Posts: 5
    Yes.RYL is booring.Level in 1 day >.< this is booring.Nothing new and many lags image

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Lol K8....i have had your picture on my background for a month now. that picture is hilarious!

EQ: Quantis Erudite 60pal-Bristlebane
    DAoC: Vrix Kobold 50skald-Percival
    L2: Jorrad DE 25 Palus Knight-Kain
    CoH: Funeral 23drk/drk Def-Infinity
    AC2: Thex 40 Lug Sage-Thistledown
    FFXI: Wrython Elv 55brd/nin-Carbuncle
    SWG: Astaroth Twi CH/Pistol
    Other: AC1, AO, SB, EVE, RoE, PS, FL..

---And I still haven't found what I'm looking for---

Joined - July 2004

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    I like Risk Your Live. It's a fun game.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• Syth44Syth44 Member Posts: 11

My thoughts......... if you get bored that fast your are an impatient noob and need to give the game a chance.

Ya RYL is a good game but im gunna lose my 47 rune off and 30 attacker and such but the my friend said that US server is very cool.::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::

• RegnorokRegnorok Member UncommonPosts: 129

This game is awful! I gave it 2 weeks of my time and those 2 weeks were awfully timid. The interface sucks and is not very well developed. Still needs alot of work

IF u dont have the patience 2 enjoy RYL than your an impatient newb thats proboly like 9 and cant understand that the fun is in geting higher lvls not just killing or other repetitive activities.-::::23::::::23::::::23::

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    damn right it's boring when u cant even play it! heheh....image

EQ: Quantis Erudite 60pal-Bristlebane
    DAoC: Vrix Kobold 50skald-Percival
    L2: Jorrad DE 25 Palus Knight-Kain
    CoH: Funeral 23drk/drk Def-Infinity
    AC2: Thex 40 Lug Sage-Thistledown
    FFXI: Wrython Elv 55brd/nin-Carbuncle
    SWG: Astaroth Twi CH/Pistol
    Other: AC1, AO, SB, EVE, RoE, PS, FL..

---And I still haven't found what I'm looking for---

Joined - July 2004

• reddog000reddog000 Member UncommonPosts: 121

I just started playin RYL extensively today and I think it is okay right now but you guys and gals have to remember it is still in BETA.  I am playing in 1600x1200x32bit and it looks absolutely wonderful.  I have had no lag issues at all.  The interface needs a lot of work still.  The fonts are just downright horrible because none of the words fit in the text fields like they are supposed to.  Can barely read half the stuff npc's say and item descriptions are the same way. 

Give the game some time and maybe things will get better.  After all is that is why we are beta testing.  So we can help in fixing the problems?

-------------------------------------------
    Control is an illusion!

-------------------------------------------
    Control is an illusion!

• VipermmxVipermmx Member Posts: 96

of course having 4 spells your entire game life might kill it. I dont think I would even consider this game vs ANYTHING EQ2 or any other new MMORPG comming out. 4 spells? your kidding me....they upgrade but heh same spell.

Just dont feel like lvling having nothing new to look forward too.

• VakktnVakktn Member Posts: 746

This game is boring yes... reminds me of lineage 2 all grind... nothing worth while at the end... And only having 4 spells (2 for assassin that actually do dmg) is lame.

Although the combat is pretty interesting but other then that its nothing like EQ2 or WoW. Still something to play though so Ill keep playing it.

• maileezmaileez Member Posts: 14

i think there's no such thing as BORING game! it's in the player/gamer! if he/she is really a gamer they may appreciate whatever game they have & enjoy every single minutes of the game!

for me, RYL: Path of the Emperor is not a boring game! it was fantastic!!image

• AquillAquill Member Posts: 13

RYL is not boring.. you just don't have the strategy to play this game, this is all about strategy and skills.. Well you can experience the fast level on up to level 30 after that if you want to keep going you just have to join parties (joining guilds with enchanters can help you a lot) if you want to have faster gain of experience.. find an enchanter and let you weapons be enchant to have faster killing weapons... I really like this game.. and Im goin to join the Tourney... www.ryl.net/tournament

Peace...

• 0bl!v!0n0bl!v!0n Member Posts: 2
    is this game any good?
  • Lt.DeadendLt.Deadend Member Posts: 325

I have to reply,..

PROs'

Its eye candy,. looks Nice

Simple shop selling option like Knight online,. good for afk selling.

Nice item system,. kinda like diablo , but with the option for upgrading.

Quests are not to bad, just vary small amount of them,.

Events an big pvp wars might be alot of fun when your lvl 70+

Con's

Dont run good at all on High end systems,.but its hit an miss.my Bro with crap system runs it good.

Vary boring rince an repeat lvling system,. with Allmost nothing to do as a break from it.

No thinking at all when it comes to you character Build,. Just build one stat for 75 lvls.

Chat system is bad.

PvP seems to be A one hit type of game with rouges as power houses.

I put 50 hours into the game an did my best to stay intrested,. It sucks in my books,.