Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

worship slayer or else, the battle of the metal gods has begun. support slayer or suffer

2»

Comments

• JonnyHelfireJonnyHelfire Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

All I know, is that your a bit eh..crazed..if you carve a bands name in your back.
    The lyrics are freaky
    Id rather not worship satan but thank you ill take a flyer..
    Good day kind sirs =)

No do not worship satan, but worship Slayer instead!! They are the most truest form of evil for satan has given them too much power.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Originally posted by CactusmanX

I've never gotten into metal, I just don't get the whole play really fast and scream about blood and death thing.
    Granted I like Tool and APC, but they don't seem to be the same kind of metal as Slayer, actually I would probably call them alternative rock, which is a broad category.
    I don't really feel like worshiping Slayer, nor do I really want to suffer for it either, I will just stick with Morrissey, I mean how unmetal could I get. 

So Metal is just playing really fast and scream about blood and death?

First part about playing fast... yeah in most metal, but it's only a small percentage of metal that concerns screaming out lyrics about blood and death.

Originally posted by Jackcolt

I've never gotten into metal, I just don't get the whole play really fast and scream about blood and death thing.
    Granted I like Tool and APC, but they don't seem to be the same kind of metal as Slayer, actually I would probably call them alternative rock, which is a broad category.
    I don't really feel like worshiping Slayer, nor do I really want to suffer for it either, I will just stick with Morrissey, I mean how unmetal could I get. 

First part about playing fast... yeah in most metal, but it's only a small percentage of metal that concerns screaming out lyrics about blood and death.

Depends thats more like hardcore (which isn't metal) well at least for screaming, but yeah most of the screaming takes place in Groove Metal and Metalcore. As for blood and death thats mostly in Death Metal and Black Metal and Slayer (There Thrast Metal, but they did much to influence Death Metal) So the screaming, blood and death thing is limited on certain types of metal and even the fast playing can be limited to Power Metal if your relating super fast music to bands such as Dragonforce or Manowar. (Don't really like Power Metal, but those were the best examples I could give.)

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    Originally posted by modjoe86

Originally posted by Nierro

Go google "yourbandsucks.com" and read what it was to say about metal and Tool.

Nierro, I'll kick your ass,

Hahaha, I caught the joke in that don't worry.

Originally posted by modjoe86

Go google "yourbandsucks.com" and read what it was to say about metal and Tool.

Nierro, I'll kick your ass,

Hahaha, I caught the joke in that don't worry.

I couldn't find the yourbandsucks website sorry.. not that I was enthusiastic on what the website could of contained.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Originally posted by JonnyHelfire

Depends thats more like hardcore (which isn't metal) well at least for screaming, but yeah most of the screaming takes place in Groove Metal and Metalcore. As for blood and death thats mostly in Death Metal and Black Metal and Slayer (There Thrast Metal, but they did much to influence Death Metal) So the screaming, blood and death thing is limited on certain types of metal and even the fast playing can be limited to Power Metal if your relating super fast music to bands such as Dragonforce or Manowar. (Don't really like Power Metal, but those were the best examples I could give.)

You'll find the fastest playing in Thrash, Speed Metal and Power Metal.

As for the death lyrics you are right on, even though black metal is more gloomy and rather not so forward with it's lyrics compared to death metal.

But when someone says Metal, and just Metal, I generally read/hear that as Heavy Metal. And Heavy Metal has never EVER been about screaming about blood and death.

Personally I'm into Heavy Metal, Thrash, Speed Metal, Power Metal, Progressive Metal, Alternative Metal, melodic black metal, black metal, alternative metal.

You'll find the fastest playing in Thrash, Speed Metal and Power Metal.

As for the death lyrics you are right on, even though black metal is more gloomy and rather not so forward with it's lyrics compared to death metal.

But when someone says Metal, and just Metal, I generally read/hear that as Heavy Metal. And Heavy Metal has never EVER been about screaming about blood and death.

Personally I'm into Heavy Metal, Thrash, Speed Metal, Power Metal, Progressive Metal, Alternative Metal, melodic black metal, black metal, alternative metal.

Well not so much Thrash since the big four Thrash bands of the 80's seem really slow if compared to Power or Speed Metal.

• sheeshsheesh Member Posts: 330

Slayer fails.... horribly. It's the same thing as calling Slipknot music. Also "satans chosen metal god" is a bit extreme dude. No way they could even be considered a metal god. Not at all. Go listen to some GOOD metal, such as:

Norther

Children of Bodom

Opeth

Kalmah

Lamb of God

Archeon

The Duskfall

Originally posted by sheesh

Slayer fails.... horribly. It's the same thing as calling Slipknot music. Also "satans chosen metal god" is a bit extreme dude. No way they could even be considered a metal god. Not at all. Go listen to some GOOD metal, such as:

Norther
    Children of Bodom
    Opeth
    Kalmah
    Lamb of God
    Archeon
    The Duskfall

Slayer was one of the biggest influences on Death Metal which they can almost say they created the genre themselves and your saying they fail miserably?

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Norther
    Children of Bodom
    Opeth
    Kalmah
    Lamb of God
    Archeon
    The Duskfall

Slayer actually has a huge cult following, and while I don't particularly enjoy their music, to deny that they could be considered important to the metal scene is pretty ridiculous.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• smiley123smiley123 Member UncommonPosts: 174

Norther
    Children of Bodom
    Opeth
    Kalmah
    Lamb of God
    Archeon
    The Duskfall
    Or you can listen to the best metal ever made, which is PANTERA!

R.I.P. Dimebag, you where the best at what you did!

• KospysKospys Member Posts: 59

Bah... Iron Maiden shalt kicketh thine asses in a manner most graceful... Actually I'm not a big fan of Slayer. I find the vocals somewhat annoying. Not to say that they're aren't a great band, just not my thing. I prefer Dark Tranquility, Virgin Black, Therion (later albums), In Flames (earlier albums), Katatonia (strangely enough the later albums) and Iron Maiden (duh).

THE TOMATO IS NOT A FRUIT, DAMN IT!!!

Actually. It was pretty much Metallica that paved the road for all metal bans. Then it was Poison that started the whole "black/death" metal stuff. They didn't use growls or screams in their vocals, but they did say their music was black/death metal.

• TyrolerTyroler Member Posts: 97
    Tool is the new Abba

Actually. It was pretty much Metallica that paved the road for all metal bans. Then it was Poison that started the whole "black/death" metal stuff. They didn't use growls or screams in their vocals, but they did say their music was black/death metal.

Well Slayer was a bigger influence on Death Metal not to mention they were first.

Well Slayer was a bigger influence on Death Metal not to mention they were first.

Please actually read the post.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

slayer is probable the most overrated band that has ever become into existance the only band possible more overrated is slipnot(there are seriously 9 idiots in that band and it still only sounds like 3 or 4)

The fact that you showed a picture of someone with slayer cut into their back shows how pathetic their followers are, or at least their most fanatic fans.

Slayer is unoriginal, or their original if you count a new degree of suicidal lyrics, combined with a sound that is nails on a chalkboard.

I feel sorry for anyone who is aflflicted with listening to this band.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Slayer are thrash metal not death metal, since the "big 4" as they were caled thrash metal bands were slayer, metallica, anathrax and Megadeth.

?

Originally posted by AkaJetson

Slayer are thrash metal not death metal, since the "big 4" as they were caled thrash metal bands were slayer, metallica, anathrax and Megadeth.

I never said they were Death Metal, I just said they were a big influence on Death Metal.