Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm speechless - Darkfall .. is coming

Comments

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by Torak

People have been posting this type of thing since it was suppost to go to beta..... in 2004. Think about that, they missed their beta launch by almost 4 years soon... 
    Its amazing people even follow it. The company has no credibilty whatso ever. You are just setting yourself up for a big disappointment by keeping your hopes up for this game. The ideas are interesting but its never going to release.

100% Agree!  How can people follow something this long and be so naive about whats happening and the facts. Facts are 4yrs since Beta was suppose to of begun, a small company that doesn't release much info. A ageing game by now since it is older then most current gen games that started with decent graphics and a easier engine to work with. How do you still follow something that promises things but never fell on those promises.

That's like false advertising, they said Beta testing will begin back in 2004, here it is 2008 and so many other games are coming out.

I would of loved this game if they provided everything they had said but truth is it is probably another Dark and Light type of game and Hype.

• ScriarScriar Member Posts: 772

Im speechless people still think this game is going to come out lol

its been in development since 2001, and they have nothing to show for it.

compare that to pirates of the burning sea, they've been in development i think since 2001 as well, and they have plenty to show for it.

its like Aventurine haven't got a clue what they are doing.

• HocheteHochete Member CommonPosts: 1,210

IF DF releases and IF it includes all that we've been told it will, then it'll be the best game ever.

That said, I remember saying exactly the same about Horizons when I first started reading about it.. And we all know how that turned out.

Anyway, yea, I can't wait for DF to be released, it *should* rock.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680
    Originally posted by Athl

If they can pull this off, it'll be crazy.

Ahhh thats so cute he belives that 

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

If they can pull it off, it'll be the best game ever, but I highly doubt that they'll be able to.

• Xris375Xris375 Member Posts: 1,005

Originally posted by Airspell

Difference being AoC and WAR have release dates and are in BETA.  Darkfall is not in beta, and there is no signs of it coming any time soon.  Also since both AoC and WAR are in BETA there are people playing it, so for certain people like myself who know people in those BETAs we can tell if a game is going to be decent or not.  Darkfall promises alot, shows very little, and is severly outdated.
    Hmm...AoC is back in development isn't it ? They were suppose to release in 2006 and have 4 delays and are now supposed to be released in march 2008. As for war they had to push back to Q1 2008. So they are not really goo examples of smooth MMO releases. I'm not sure what you mean with outdated though, is it the graphics you mean ? From what I see it is not worse than what I see in WAR or AoC. You need to update your DF lore :)

---
    And when we got more women on the team, it was like ‘No, no, no. We need puppies and horses in there.’ ”
    John Smedley, SOE

• Xris375Xris375 Member Posts: 1,005
    Originally posted by Scriar

compare that to pirates of the burning sea, they've been in development i think since 2001 as well, and they have plenty to show for it.

You are mixing Razorwax's DF and Aventurine's DF. Aventurine wasn't developing DF back in 2001.

---
    And when we got more women on the team, it was like ‘No, no, no. We need puppies and horses in there.’ ”
    John Smedley, SOE

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Darkfall coming in 2018.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

MMORPG.com needs a new forum section entitled "VAPOURWARE".

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by vajuras

Originally posted by Gameloading

What other low budget MMORPG promised heaven?

Ah yes, Mourning, Dark & Light, Roma Victor.

you forgot to add Dark Age of Camelot on that list. even here in an article by MMORPG they highly recognize Mythic for delivering a solid title on a limited budget.

Budget is a huge factor of course but there's many, many opther things to consider. and this is coming from someone thats works at both small / big game studios. If a big budget was a sure thing we wouldnt see so many games flop left & right

With the only exception that Dark Age of Camelot was released many, many years ago, when MMO's were quite new. MMO's were much less expensive. For example, look at DAOC's Graphics.The graphics were good for its time, compared to other MMO's of its time. Darkfall's graphics were 4 years old 4 years ago.

• whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544
    Originally posted by Xris375

Originally posted by Airspell

Difference being AoC and WAR have release dates and are in BETA.  Darkfall is not in beta, and there is no signs of it coming any time soon.  Also since both AoC and WAR are in BETA there are people playing it, so for certain people like myself who know people in those BETAs we can tell if a game is going to be decent or not.  Darkfall promises alot, shows very little, and is severly outdated.
    Hmm...AoC is back in development isn't it ? They were suppose to release in 2006 and have 4 delays and are now supposed to be released in march 2008. As for war they had to push back to Q1 2008. So they are not really goo examples of smooth MMO releases. I'm not sure what you mean with outdated though, is it the graphics you mean ? From what I see it is not worse than what I see in WAR or AoC. You need to update your DF lore :)

I don't know what you mean by good examples of releases as neither game are out yet. The difference, that you seem to have ignored in Airspell's post is that Age of Conan and Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning  is that they  have working  betas going on right now, where DarkFall Online will not be in beta anytime soon. Players are actually playing these two games and many people got to play and enjoy both of these games at Gen Con and now at Dragon Con. Darkfall is still way behind in developement and they are wasting much of that loan on researching technology in hopes of self publishing a game because nobody seems to want to pick it up. Pushing a game back when you are in beta shows that you listen to your beta testers and want to make the game beta because of what they say. Pushing the beta back shows you do not truly have a working beta, as DarkFall Online has been claiming they have a working beta ready for players, yet they never open it up. And dpn't kid yourself, the graphics in BOTH AoC and WAR are better than that of DF, you need to update your MMORPG knowledge ;-)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

sigh..and here I was hoping for new information, not the same tired videos to flame ....

I hope its coming...but I'll believe it when I see it.... right now pursuing other games

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScriarScriar Member Posts: 772
    Originally posted by Xris375

Originally posted by Scriar

You are mixing Razorwax's DF and Aventurine's DF. Aventurine wasn't developing DF back in 2001.

Im not confusing them, Darkfall has been in development since 2001, since thats when they started all the concept work/work on their engine etc. Yes they did restart in 2003 i believe, which you can see by screen shots, but it is still just an improved version of their old engine, with improved concepts based on what they had done before. thus its been in development since 2001.

• Ghost12Ghost12 Member Posts: 684

Darkfall's graphics dont look all that bad imo...not the best but not the worst.

Originally posted by Ghost12

Darkfall's graphics dont look all that bad imo...not the best but not the worst.

No they are not bad, and I am not claiming them to be bad, but they are not that of WAR or AoC like the other user claimed.

• gillvane1gillvane1 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,503

Will be interesting to take a look at Darkfall when it releases and see if the gameplay is actually fun.

I'd like to see a Blizzard clone of Darkfall. You know it would be streamlined, run well, and look good.

MMORPG Maker

• Token1337GuyToken1337Guy Member Posts: 159

For the graphics argument, I'm glad they aren't "OMGDX10LOLOLOL".  Because then you don't have to worry about upgrading your computer to play (this is coming from someone with a mid-high range computer).  I'm not going to try and defend Darkfall, since those arguments tend to go no where, but I won't tell people to stop hoping for it until they officially cancel the game.  It's funny how people whine about level-based games and such all the time around here, but the moment Darkfall is brought up they turn against it.  Is it so wrong for someone to have hopes that this game will come out and will deliver?

• TatumTatum Member Posts: 1,153

Too bad that the only MMO developers with good/interesting/innovative ideas are the ones operating on a small budget.  But then again, I guess the ones that get a big budget are eventually forced to neuter their games in to mediocrity...

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

They forgot to add that Darfall is Vaporware...

J/k

But seriously when or if they finally do come out with Darkfall It just might be the most complete MMO ever made. However I cannot help but to be turned off by the animations and outof date graphics. I also do not for a second believe that a team this size and with its limited finicial backing will be able to make servers that will be able to support 10k players each server, noway in hell.

Personally I think Darkfall will be a step above Shadowbane, but not that major of a step.. I see it pulling a DarknLight in the dissapointment arena. Well ok, maybe not that bad but pretty close.

If somone could just pump some money into this game, it would actually be a huge success I believe.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

by the time dark fall is released the wurm devs will be debating how to exceed their 256 server limit.  and second life will have resolved it 80 person per sim limit on mainland.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• Ghost12Ghost12 Member Posts: 684

100 years into the future....

[Two gamers are surfing the net]

Gamer 1: "Hey dude...take a look at this....ancient old threads on Mmorpg.com...wow....summer 2007..."

Gamer 2: "Oh damn...look at all this, these people are ranting about this game called Darkfall."

Gamer 1: "Isnt that the mmo thats supposed to go into beta in a couple months?"

• AthlAthl Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 159

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity.

Nobody ever claimed that what they offer is amazing. The debate was always can it be properly done.

• GanjamosGanjamos Member Posts: 80
    ahh i thought that stalker is lost too but it was released after 7 or 8 years....in my opinion there is a chance that it can be released in the future
  • XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

oh hey, i must have traveled back in time to 2004. Sorry, thread time warp.