Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm speechless - Darkfall .. is coming

AthlAthl Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 159

If they can pull this off, it'll be crazy.

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity.

Comments

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

Enjoy.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

What other low budget MMORPG promised heaven?

Ah yes, Mourning, Dark & Light, Roma Victor.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

I think if it ever releases DFO has some good ideas and concepts, but the thing is right now its:

25% Hype 15% Trailers and 60% Screenshots.

If only they were release something more concrete and more certain then even the haters might be swayed alittle.... (just a little!)

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

Again, really interesting sounding features but note Vid was added back in February. And, where is Beta? I do hope it does release, but you can't help wondering if its an overly ambitious title for a small company.

• Ghost12Ghost12 Member Posts: 684

A gamers dream. I back Darkfall up 110%, as I always have, but very ambitious for a small company. This is truly a Rocky.

• leshtricityleshtricity Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 231

Speechless? That was the most poorly produced 'hype trailer' I've ever seen.

IT'S MORE THAN A RTS

IT'S MORE THAN A FPS

IT'S ALL OF THESE THINGS

AND MORE!1111!!11!

lmao...

Yeah, we'll see how many of those supposed features make it into launch...I'm betting the promise of "exploring dungeons" and "quests to complete" will be it.

the official MMORPG.com deadhead

• GanjamosGanjamos Member Posts: 80

my opinion is that it looks great and i would love to play a game like they describe it !

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Beta coming in 2002 with support for up to 50,000 Simotanious players... right?

I really want them to pull it through.  But I worked for a MMO company, and I watched the DFO hype raise and fall like a regular wave theory...

You want it, you got it.  If you feel like holding your breathe, you should... we'd be free of your dribble every 4 months then.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544

It promises a gamers dream which is what it will stay as. Even if it launches it will likely not have 3/4 of these features that are promised, and if they have them all I can promise you that they will not be working correctly for the most part.

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,781

I hope it makes it out and in good shape. I'm running on empty right now looking for a game I want to play.

Once upon a time....

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by nomadian

Again, really interesting sounding features but note Vid was added back in February. And, where is Beta? I do hope it does release, but you can't help wondering if its an overly ambitious title for a small company.

Agreed.

This video is half a year old and, aside from the you-can-do-everything-and-we-are-revolutionary superscript hype, the video itself is fairly underwhelming.

Unfortunately, every time I think of this game, I think of all the other failed "wonders" of MMORPG-dom such as Horizons, Dark and Light and Vanguard.

Nevertheless, we wait for something more concrete than this -- like, errr, I don't know, maybe, a freaking beta test?!

~ Ancient Membership ~

• entreri22entreri22 Member Posts: 35

looks really good, hopefully it wont be like the other soo called MMO's     where 40 hour + grind gets like 1 lvl

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

Originally posted by Gameloading

What other low budget MMORPG promised heaven?

Ah yes, Mourning, Dark & Light, Roma Victor.

you forgot to add Dark Age of Camelot on that list. even here in an article by MMORPG they highly recognize Mythic for delivering a solid title on a limited budget.

Budget is a huge factor of course but there's many, many opther things to consider. and this is coming from someone thats works at both small / big game studios. If a big budget was a sure thing we wouldnt see so many games flop left & right

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

WOW that is so old. They promised beta this summer.....its almost fall.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273

Wow what shit

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

I doubt it'll be good hope I hope it is good. Only problem I have is that it's fantasy. There are WAY too many fantasy games.

• DemonZealotDemonZealot Member Posts: 173

Welcome to 6 months ago...

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Originally posted by AmazingAvery
    25% Hype 15% Trailers and 60% Screenshots.

= 100% vaporware.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960

I actually find it quite cute, if not to say naive

Just shows that you can sell anything to people.

I really bet that it is enough photoshop artists , web designer , and animator who will make me a fake game footage ( only 2 seconds will do - as DF vid shows )And mixed with statements like OPEN MASSIVE PVP , 10 000 SIMULTANIOUS PLAYERS IN HUGE SIEGE WAR , BUILD EVERYTHING AND RIDE EVERYTHING , ... <- Insert whatever you want to see here

Put this web site on , get few people to spread false posts on internet

And you can start getting people to preorder the game :)

• Azure77Azure77 Member Posts: 355

You forget one thing about DAOC those people had experience and werent 2 year olds with BASIC book. You remember how the developers of Darkfall flamed Shadowbane and Dragon Empire.

DAOC hit bumps in beta / development they had a clear vision. The last true vision we ve seen in MMORPG was COH , no other game has presented a clear vision for thier future.  I dont even think Lord British or Jake Song has any idea what is going on in thier games.

If they pull it off and make a decent game , I be sure to put mayo on my crow , but I dont think they can. I stopped hoping for better game since 2004.

• Xris375Xris375 Member Posts: 1,005

For those of you who do not follow the game Tasos posted a journal update yesterday. Features come and go, anyone following AoC knows features mostly go. The game is in development and no one really knows what features are in the game outside Aventure and their circle of trust. From this journal though you can find a pretty cool feature;

Most of the work now consists of adding and testing content, mainly quests, NPCs, and dungeons. We're adding all kinds of things though, for example something we're doing right now is adding monster armor sections which can be looted and worn by characters. Each of these needs to be fitted for all races and each sex, so 12 templates in total for each armor bit. We have hundreds of unique armor sections now which can be mixed and matched, and dyed, giving millions of possible combinations.

Can they deliver it ? No one knows before they play it themselves and that goes for Aoc, WAR and really most software out there.

---
    And when we got more women on the team, it was like ‘No, no, no. We need puppies and horses in there.’ ”
    John Smedley, SOE

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

Difference being AoC and WAR have release dates and are in BETA.  Darkfall is not in beta, and there is no signs of it coming any time soon.  Also since both AoC and WAR are in BETA there are people playing it, so for certain people like myself who know people in those BETAs we can tell if a game is going to be decent or not.  Darkfall promises alot, shows very little, and is severly outdated.

• GolddiggerGolddigger Member Posts: 11

I beleave that Darkfall is coming when they have open beta.

Don't get your hopes up in vain.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

People have been posting this type of thing since it was suppost to go to beta..... in 2004. Think about that, they missed their beta launch by almost 4 years soon... 

Its amazing people even follow it. The company has no credibilty whatso ever. You are just setting yourself up for a big disappointment by keeping your hopes up for this game. The ideas are interesting but its never going to release.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by Airspell

Difference being AoC and WAR have release dates and are in BETA.  Darkfall is not in beta, and there is no signs of it coming any time soon.  Also since both AoC and WAR are in BETA there are people playing it, so for certain people like myself who know people in those BETAs we can tell if a game is going to be decent or not.  Darkfall promises alot, shows very little, and is severly outdated.

Funcom and Mythic have past experience and successful MMORPGs.