Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need tips on directing/editing videos

please rate and tell me how i could make my videos better..

www.youtube.com/jonnyhellfire

Comments

• JonnyHelfireJonnyHelfire Member Posts: 125

Sorry for posting a 2nd time right after a previous post, but I wish to revive this thread since it died really fast.

• PyritePyrite Member Posts: 309

What editing software are you using?  Premiere Pro?

Anyways, a few simple tips...

1)  Storyboard first.  Try to put on paper exactly what you want in your video.  This will save you time when shooting and editing.

2)  Titles.  Try using text on the screen instead speaking at the beginning.  Not that your voice isn't sexy and all, but you were popping your p's.  Text is just a bit more professional.

3)  Cut down the extra footage and just include the highlights.  Keep in mind not all your audience may be familiar with the specific game interface.  They may need some help seeing the cool spots.  You can use text, highlights, and slower playback for that purpose.

4)  Transitions and angles.  Use more obvious transitions to go from one scent to another.  Think of them as chapter breaks.  Try to use different angles, especially in replays, to give the viewer a better sense of what's going on.

5)  Look for tutorials online.  They can not only give you helpful general tips, but can walk you through some of the cooler special effects your software is capable of.  But don't just us an effect because it looks cool.  It should have a purpose.

That's pretty much it aside from #1 again.  The more work you do on pre-production (script, storyboard, etc) the easier the rest of the process is.  Have a good idea of what you want and need before you start shooting.

The most important part of reading is reading between the lines.

• JonnyHelfireJonnyHelfire Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by Pyrite

What editing software are you using?  Premiere Pro?
    Anyways, a few simple tips...
    1)  Storyboard first.  Try to put on paper exactly what you want in your video.  This will save you time when shooting and editing.
    2)  Titles.  Try using text on the screen instead speaking at the beginning.  Not that your voice isn't sexy and all, but you were popping your p's.  Text is just a bit more professional.
    3)  Cut down the extra footage and just include the highlights.  Keep in mind not all your audience may be familiar with the specific game interface.  They may need some help seeing the cool spots.  You can use text, highlights, and slower playback for that purpose.
    4)  Transitions and angles.  Use more obvious transitions to go from one scent to another.  Think of them as chapter breaks.  Try to use different angles, especially in replays, to give the viewer a better sense of what's going on.
    5)  Look for tutorials online.  They can not only give you helpful general tips, but can walk you through some of the cooler special effects your software is capable of.  But don't just us an effect because it looks cool.  It should have a purpose.
    That's pretty much it aside from #1 again.  The more work you do on pre-production (script, storyboard, etc) the easier the rest of the process is.  Have a good idea of what you want and need before you start shooting.

Nope using Windows Movie Maker since it came with my computer and as for the "Transitions and angles" its kind of hard for me to do since im limited on how I can shoot the video since it slows me down unless the game has a replay function which I can take several replays and take a movie of the cuts I need, but that only works for Gunz. Well thanks for the tips I think the tutorial one is a good one I completely forgot about online video tutorials up until now.