Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DoS problems

RuxR7RuxR7 Member Posts: 4

I tried to play 9Dragons today, but I could not enter any server. All of them were showing "pleasant" level (which was very strange, 'cause the servers were not at "pleasant" level since march). But any connection try resulted in "unknow error code=1". I've read at their forum that Acclaim was having DoS problems (denial of service) at 2Moons, but, as their servers were shared this was affecting 9Dragons as well. That's odd, I logged at 2Moons (a game I do not like much) today and it worked just normally. But the 9 Dragons game and their forum were not working. Maybe it's a different problem. Any clues?

Comments

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

According to 9Dragons MMOSite some groups have targeted 2moons server for Denial of Service attacks by flooding the servers with a ton of data packets (either UDP or ICMP). Acclaim has responded by puting on technical countermeasures (probably firewall or some such measure) causing some problems for people to login their servers. In any case this game is dying, there hasn't been any upgrades or data patches for the past 3 months, Korean developer Indy21 isn't very responsible and I kinda feel I wasted $50 bucks buying the premium account and just playing for less than 30 days. My hero band originally have about 32 people in it and 10 active people and now nobody is login in. I uninstalled 9DRagons with a heavy heart last night as this game showed promise but it seems Acclaim or Indy21 seems to have abandoned this game to rot.