Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows Vista MMORPG help

Is there anyway to play some of the free MMORPGs listed on this site on  Windows Vista? It's being a pain in the ass just to get one MMORPG on there without windows defender or the system program itself thinking it as a virus. I really need any help or sugestions. Thanks alot if you've posted any tips or suggetions.

Comments

• DracisDracis Member Posts: 434

What kind of problems, besides some programs showing up as a virus, are you having?

Alot of problems with Vista with games can be solved by right clicking on the program icon and running compatibility as windows xp sp2 ands running it as the administrator.

Please, when asking for help, try to be as specific as possible.

• TolwynnTolwynn Member Posts: 240

Did you try right-clicking the Shortcut icon to the game of choice and choosing : Properties...then under that you can set compatibility mode (xp service pack2 recommended - but you can choose another if it doesnt work with old old games/interfaces)..and RUN-as-Administrator?(this will show up in two spots..click em both if your not sure to run as admin)

so three small steps to do:

*Set the Shortcut's Compatibility mode for an OS(right click shortcut, choose properties)

*Set shortcut for you to run game as Administrator also : One is in the SHORTCUT tab,....the other..in COMPATIBILITY tab.

dont forget to hit apply!

enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------
    <insert gloat of ubar toon here>
    <insert random game here>
    ---------------------------
    <insert witty anecdote here>
    <political/religious agenda here>

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

You could also try turning off user account control.

• VultroseVultrose Member Posts: 3

OK thank guys but for instance. I was trying to install Rapplez, I first saved  the installation program and then right clicked t . I clicked on the Windows XP service pack 2 and run as administrator ,even though I am, and thn I clicked the instalion icon and it never the it. It kept on loading yeah but it never showed even as fast as my computer is. I don't get it.

• TolwynnTolwynn Member Posts: 240

after your games are installed ..

after.

then you use those settings on ths shortcut provided AFTER the game is installed.

(although..there was one RARE instance that i had to install a downloaded game by making a new folder...then extracting it to there.....then looked for the SET-UP.exe and I had to right click that icon and do the settings...)

but other than those rare rare cases....you should install the game as normal...when the shortcut is placed on the desktop AFTER the install is done and complete...THEN you right click the shortcut and 'do' the settings.

---------------------------
    <insert witty anecdote here>
    <political/religious agenda here>

• VultroseVultrose Member Posts: 3

alright man thank a bunch