Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loved Goonzu a lot, BUT....

just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

This is one of the VERY few "free" games that I would sincerely recommend.  It had fantastic gameplay, interesting classes and items, and I love the economics of the game.  I thought it was just all around good fun.  However....I quit playing.  Let me tell you why.

They update this game quite regularly, which is wonderful, BUT....American players, for some reason, have to totally reinstall the game MUCH of the time for updates.  I do not know WHY, I only know that they can't seem to FIX this, and I've no intention for paying (yes, I wanted to subscribe, I liked it that much) for a game that I constantly have to completely reinstall, because the updater will not work for the American servers.  That's a bunch of bull.

Other than THAT (which is endlessly annoying)....I totally LOVED this game.

They SERIOUSLY need to fix that patcher problem though, as they are losing a lot of potential paying accounts because of it.  It was so annoying to me, I didn't even continue playing for FREE.  :(

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Comments

• DragonPalDragonPal Member Posts: 10

Whoa Whoa... I just got messed up. So you want to pay to play goonzu or are you glad that goonzu its free, but errors are making it boring.

Cause i want the game to be free forever. everybody come on. if you pay to have fun its stupid. cause if you have to pay to play goonzu i rather play tennis everyday, it also give you fun and friends and i just hope that goonzu will be free to play forever.

like if you pay to have fun and friends its dumb. there is always many ways to have fun and make friends you dont need to pay for them!

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

A premium GoonZu account already costs money.  You CAN pay to play, if I remember correctly.  I've played so MANY of these "free to play" games, I lose track of which is which sometimes.

But no...my complaint was that their download patcher doesn't WORK.  I had to totally reinstall the game 3 times for the last 3 patches to update the game client.  I'm not cool with that.  I just want to see them fix the patcher so that you don't have to entirely reinstall the game for every patch.

And yes....GoonZu, in my opinion, is an EXCELLENT game.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• AstrinaAstrina Member UncommonPosts: 46

This game is not pay to play. It does, have GCOINS for the premium items. You do not need these items to enjoy the game and many of them are purchased by other players and put up for sale on the market. So even if you never spend a dime, many of the special items can be purchased in game.

The economy and politics are alot of fun. Hope to see more folks join. 

• thinktanktedthinktankted Member Posts: 5

I have this game installed on 1 desktop and 2 laptops (one is a corporate build and I have it installed in an SVS layer), and have never had a problem with the patcher...maybe your firewall software accidentally got it on the "untrusted" list or UAC in Vista is blocking you...

Try luminary.ndoors.com to get to the global server and re-download the client (that way you will get the version of the patcher that I have that seems to be working fine.

• b2i12b2i12 Member Posts: 75

I agree this is a really good game! I do however wish they had a more of defined class system ,but you just have to live with it I guess. I love the player owned town feature and the use of stock markets was a new one for me.