Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't play!

Great game, but support and DEV team suck!

You ever have some problems, you will be lucky to have it sorted under 2 weeks. For me, they never replied. Needless to say they dont get my monthy subscription anymore.

Comments

• ThetyrantThetyrant Member UncommonPosts: 18

Originally posted by KI_DarkNinja

Great game, but support and DEV team suck!

You ever have some problems, you will be lucky to have it sorted under 2 weeks. For me, they never replied. Needless to say they dont get my monthy subscription anymore.

There are multiple ways in getting a response from support, if your email was never received, then how is support suppose to answer. I would suggest emailing again, and paging a GM, or PM on the forums.

Cheers. Sorry to hear your experience with coming back to AE wasn't pleasent. I remember you from the old days of KI  <-- Eldaen the Tyrant from the Dragoneers here. Now I work for the company in the office, and work on AE.

Thetyrant
    Iron Will Games Developer
    www.ashenempires.com
    www.dransik.com

• KI_DarkNinjaKI_DarkNinja Member Posts: 5

Yeah I remember you dude, only really after VF came out though really. How's it going?

No disrespect to you at all, as I think your a great guy (from what I can remember of KI days anyway ) And I'm sure your aware of my somewhat murky background, but I personally believe the more "Senior" members of IWG don't have the players best wishes at heart. They haven't yet worked out the fine line between a business and a game. The business will only work if the players are happy with the game.

As you know I was part of a very tight community on KI - none of them play now (maybe one still plays Dransik (not sure) And the main reason for this? IWG where more then happy to take our money but when we had problems, it would take weeks if not months to sort out. I can understand if this was only a one off, but for the amount of complaints I have seen alone over the size of the community it kinda tells a story.

Yeah OK your reason behind this is support do there best and handle all the emails they get. But if the current support team cant handle the volume of mails they get, IWG need to bring more people in to help out - after all this is P2P and not free.

Anyway I've had my rant and I've lost the "addiction" to the game pretty much after DS came in (I know your probably steaming at the ears after hearing that! ) Hope everything turns out for you ok at IWG bro.

• ThetyrantThetyrant Member UncommonPosts: 18

Originally posted by KI_DarkNinja

Yeah I remember you dude, only really after VF came out though really. How's it going?
    No disrespect to you at all, as I think your a great guy (from what I can remember of KI days anyway ) And I'm sure your aware of my somewhat murky background, but I personally believe the more "Senior" members of IWG don't have the players best wishes at heart. They haven't yet worked out the fine line between a business and a game. The business will only work if the players are happy with the game.
    As you know I was part of a very tight community on KI - none of them play now (maybe one still plays Dransik (not sure) And the main reason for this? IWG where more then happy to take our money but when we had problems, it would take weeks if not months to sort out. I can understand if this was only a one off, but for the amount of complaints I have seen alone over the size of the community it kinda tells a story.
    Yeah OK your reason behind this is support do there best and handle all the emails they get. But if the current support team cant handle the volume of mails they get, IWG need to bring more people in to help out - after all this is P2P and not free.
    Anyway I've had my rant and I've lost the "addiction" to the game pretty much after DS came in (I know your probably steaming at the ears after hearing that! ) Hope everything turns out for you ok at IWG bro.

I hear the pre-DS all the time.

Honestly IWG does listen to the players, but obviously we can't listen to all, and read each post. We try though ;)

But as for not developmenting with the players heart in mind, I think old practices with the previous company need to be taken in consideration when saying that. You really think the older DEVs gave the same amount of support, and feedback as we do now?

I'm stopping in more of a role in art and some quest design. So Its not just a high level content being added, low level content will be there for the new players. But, give AE another chance when you feel the need, and if you want you can PM me on the AE boards and I'll try to speed the response from support.,

Cheers

Thetyrant
    Iron Will Games Developer
    www.ashenempires.com
    www.dransik.com

• KI_DarkNinjaKI_DarkNinja Member Posts: 5

Thanks for the support Tyrant, appreciate it! Maybe someday I will feel that urge again and we shall meet once more

There is no other game out there (that I know of) like AE, it's just a shame the direction of which it has taken!

Thanks again for your help in the past, I can remember quite a few fun hunts "back in the day"

Peace