Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sphere: English Client Coming Soon

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Nikita has just contacted us with an update on the English version of the Sphere client software.  They have given us over 17 exclusive screen shots from this version and informed us that they are actively seeking a US/EU publisher.  They don't have an estimated release date yet, but things are looking up!

Here are some of the screens from our updated gallery:

As many of you may know, Sphere has been live in Russia for many months now.  Because we are an English based site we are tracking this release only.  That is why the status is still "Beta" on our site.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• ElemElem Member Posts: 1

He.he.. I think that Sphere can't get so big rank.image I had been playing it for 3 months. There are a lot bugs in Russian version. There's no balance and the economic system is too bad. Rare clothes is cost lots of money, but new item has its' own live such as 730/730. For examle I'll take the red robe that make your magic stats grow +68 for each stat. This is very rare thing at it costs 2kk image coins. If you have money you'll buy it, but it will dissapear because it will became old, 10 hours of real time makes 60 live points dissapear. So if you play 5 hours a day this dress will crash in 25 days. It is smaller than a month and just listen you can found only 50000 coins a day, so 25 days = 1.25kk coins. SUX IMHO! image And you CANNOT repait it, because stupid programmers are too busy for ENGLISH versionof the game to make russian gamers happy. 

• D|CED|CE Member Posts: 197

Elem is right. The game is not even in Beta status, it is more like pre-Alpha. And bare in mind I'm talking about the Russian version of the game, which was "release" last year. The only thing that changed after the release is that users (read "beta testers") started to pay monthly fee.

Currently the biggest problems with the game are:

1. Lack of technical support (due to the numeruios bags, things go wrong in the game (money, armor, magic scrolls just disappear without a trace) and tech support does nothing)

2. Way too many bags (related to the comment in the previous point). I can even start to describe amount of bug in that game, which is supposdely in realese version. yeah right!

3. Censorship (try to post something about problems in forums and it gets deleted with no comments from administration) - welcome to USSR

4. Lack of features that would keep players playing the game.

5. Chat is horrible - you can not talk and do something else (walk/run) at the same time. I like in LA2 that you could run and scream for help and people would help you kill the monsters that chase you.

6. Economic system of the game is screwed up. (Elem described it above). Things (cloths, weapons, armor, etc) fall appart way too quick and there is no way to repair them (this feature is in progress). There is no way you can find any useful stuff without already being twenty levels above you own, i.e. whatever you can earn and find at your current level is not usable - it is junk.

7. Lags, constant lags. Some of them are related to their servers and some to the junky code that they wrote for graphics. Graphics card upgrade would help with the second problem, BUT this is solving a problem backwards. I mean if I would create a text editor (e.g. MS Word) and requirements for it would be 2GB of ram just to type "hello world", would you think I am nuts? I would.

8. The last, bu not least. Developers constantly create new ways to make gameplay worse and worse. You might think I'm kidding, I wish I was. It seems that they have dedicated team that sits there and thinks "how could we worsen the game, so that every player would pull their hair out?". Two very recent examples: i) the "inproved" AI for monsters; the result was that monsters would circle you very very fast and that was all AI. As result many players left the game, because it game them horrible headaches. I cannot ever explain how fast those sucker were running. Before the "improvement" it would take 1 minute to kill a monter, after the update around 5 minutes if you are lucky.  ii) increased speed of aging (falling apart) for items with out posobility of repair (no such feature). Get this after this update, items that you took a whole month to find (and earn money) would fall apart in one day.  .... Well, actually both examples are those of bags, that were fixed withing a week, but the problems that they have created are still there (some people are still searching for replacements for their disappeared items)

To conclude, I would like to wish everybody who will beta test this game in US, Strong Nerves and Good Luck - you will needed. image

• DendrDendr Member Posts: 1

Guys, don't speak that. image Yes, there are a lot if problems, but IMHO that is because now it is a summer, and developpers are want to have a rest too.

Friends, don't listen them! It's occure because the players themselves asked a lot of improvements!

Now, we asked to give the better monsters' AI. OK, we got it (in not a best form, I guess). Further, asked to enter a groups, and again got it. Problems? There is cases, how to save it.

IMHO, the main problem is not a bad developers' attitude to players. Opposite! Main problem is a bad players' attitude to developers and another players.

For example. There are a many flooders. They create a newbe char, stand it at the pespawn and... cry different insulting word. Simple, it's abuse. M-m-m, about your's parents and genitals.

Another. A lot of Random-Players-Killing. They are also newbies (!), but they got a help from hi-level players. So they have a great magic and physical attack and defense. So they are able to kill a medium-level player. And after them low level, they are havn't a death penalty. It is not good, I seems.

And last. When the GMs are entering to help on troubles to someone, or undertake some new things in game, such as admittance the wishers to quest clane, some players try to kill them. Players try to kill GM! And it is not because that players don't like the GM's. That only to fan.

So, why can the players to expect a good attitude from the developers, if they are spoil the game themselves. And I don't say about cheaters, dupers, and fakers. Admins are try to struggle wtih them, but without result.

IMHO, while the players don't become better, the troubles will appears again and again

Dendrr[Imperium]

Sorry for my English.

• D|CED|CE Member Posts: 197

I do not believe that summer affected anything at all.

I wish readers could understand Russian and read the following post on the official forum of the game http://sphere.yandex.ru/rus/forums/?id=1184&mid=1302255#1302255 (it might get deleted soon - these things happen all the time - censorship)

It describes 51 bugs, old bugs that were never fixed. Here is an example: 1. you buy something your money goes to the seller, but the item simply disappears (you don't get it and seller doesn't have it anymore); 2. every time you buy 'mantras' (magic scrolls in the game) game crashes, you simply can look, but can't buy. There are also numerous places in the game where your character can get stuck (bushes in a city, fences, etc) - you will be walking and all of the sudden you are stuck. The first thing that comes to your mind is 'harakiri', and not  'petition to GM', since they do not respond (even during normal business hours).

None of those 51 bugs include anything new that was made in the last few months. Developers just do not care about gamers.

Bear in mind that list of bugs is just one persons compilation and it is by no means comprehensive.