Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the world of Everquest II - Features List

2»

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

adding  to this faq thread

Hardware Guide for EQ2 Computers

forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m

2 good spots to find info or ask questions regarding PVP

SOE PVP forum

forums.station.sony.com/eq2/forums/show.m

EQ2Flames PVP forum

www.eq2flames.com/player-vs-player-issues/

• tywid5mdntywid5mdn Member Posts: 1

Nice resource thread. You should, however, mention that the list of PvP title bonuses you linked (this one) is complete fiction and meant as a fun thread.

The names of the titles are right, but there are NO special perks or whatsoever linked to those titles. They are just for showing off.

re-posting this here for easy access
    this question comes up alot - what class to play

Originally posted by DarthHoob
    A quick breakdown of all the classes ....

Fighters

Guardian, Bezerker, Shadowknight, Paladin. All plate wearers, solo extremely well. Guards & Zerkers are the main tanks of the game. SKs have an array of spells to cripple mobs. Pally's heal as well as dish out damage.

Bruiser & Monk. Leather wearers, still solo very well, and get a bad rap cos they lack the plate armor of other fighter classes, but don't let that put you off. They are excellent tankers.

Scouts

Swashbuckler & Brigand. Excellent soloers, and good stand-in tanks (some raid mobs actually go down better with a swashy tanking!).

Assassin & Ranger. More of a support class both of these, but still able to solo.

Troubadour & Dirge. Commonly known as buffbots ingame. Able to solo but work better in groups due to the nature of they're buffs. Troub's mostly debuff the mobs, Dirge's mostly buff the groups.

Mages

Conjuror & Necromancer. Excellent soloers. Both these classes have 3 pets. A tank pet, scout pet, and mage pet. Soloing with a tank pet is a one man group, and I have managed to solo extrememly well with both. The Necro has the edge over the Conjy imho, but that's just a personal preference.

Coercer & Illusionist. Solo fairly well. But have the reputation of being 2 of the hardest classes ingame. Coercer's turn mobs into temporary pets, illusionists mesmerise mobs. Both excellent additions to grouping and raids.

Wizard & Warlock. Insane damage from both of these! Able to solo very well, but will die very quickly if it all goes tit's up!

Healers

Fury & Warden. Great soloers. Fury is the most played healer class ingame. Do outstanding damage for a healer. Wardens not far behind them.

Defiler & Mystic. Good soloers, though both considered quite hard to play due to the nature of they're heals.

Templar & Inquisitor. The plate wearing healers. Templars struggle at soloing, but can take a lot of damage so get there in the end. Inquisitors have the edge over templars as far as damage per second is concerned.

My advice, try anything! If you don't like it try something else!

• AbejundioAbejundio Member Posts: 10

This thread is a perfect "newbie" resource, you have alot of things here. Soem things i didn't know. Can't let this go to waste. This needs a definite sticky.

WoWFusion - Kitame - [F]Troll - Shaman - Level 70 - 0/44/17 - [DW]Enhancement - <Allys Nightmare>

another helpful thread at Fires of Heaven

[EQ2] The Ultimate Newb Thread

www.fohguild.org/forums/mmorpg-general-discussion/29192-eq2-ultimate-newb-thread.html

Class Guides and more, at TenTonHammer

www.tentonhammer.com/eq2/guides

FAQ: Finding the EQII Manual and Other Helpful Info

eq2players.station.sony.com/news_archive_content.vm

• jarziumjarzium Member Posts: 40

hi all,

i played everquest 2 briefly last year for a while. although i love the lore and game mechanics, i find it extremely confusing for a newbie. i'm thinking of reactivating my account again, but is the game still as active as before?

thanks!

not a feature

but a recent posting of many EQ2 fansites

http://eq2wire.com/2011/11/29/were-thankful-for-eq2-fan-sites/