Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review of 2moons

I will give my review of this game, well atleast so far in as i've gotten. The game isn't the hugest or the nicest looking. Though this game does have some nice features, and of course it does have it's bad side also.

Pros

Nice, simple graphics, very easy to get into

Music fits the area accordingly

Cool monsters and interesting terrain

Good feel to the game, can be very immersive

Fishing is a nice side thing to do apart from fighting

Cons

Character Customization lacks a lot

The grinding can get to be a bit much at times

Takes a good while to get some good skills

Now, this could go under pros or cons, depends on how you feel about this: There is a good bit of cursing in the game, from the dialouge and speech of the NPC's...to the people playing, and yes they do let you say any curse words without fussing at you or anything.

Now, above are the facts as i've seen them, but now I will talk about my opinion of the game. I like the game very much, pretty fun to me. Yes, character customization does lack ALOT, but I don't really care do much about that, so its fine to me. Yes, grinding can get a bit much at times, but the monsters are pretty fun to fight, and there are other things to relax you like fishing, so I don't usually get to upset with grind. Yes, it does take a good while to get some new skills, but like I said it's pretty fun fighitng in the various dungeons and with the monsters they have. The monsters range from simple big spiders, to pretty weird little nightmare creatures. The terrain is pretty nice, you could be in a deep frorest, and the next zone could be in a nice beach. So, as you can see it varies a lot in different areas. Though I like the game alot, I can see that it is not for everyone, and it looks like the majority of people that play it....either really like it or hate it. So, I would recommend trying it out, but just keep in mind that you might just hate it.

If I had to rate this game, I would probably give it a 8/10

Comments

• RarexRarex Member Posts: 36

3/10

Pros

- It's a new game, everyone starts from nothing..

Cons

- Bad graphics

- Too much grind

- Cheap interface.. I don't like it -.-

I reached lvl 16 Azure Knight.. :)

• Like I said in my other post, did you have the graphics on low? Or maybe you just don't like that style of graphics, because the graphics are not that bad. Now tell me, what is so wrong with the interface, it's pretty easy to use.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

2Moons, despite who made it, stays nothing more or less than a typical F2P Asian MMO.

The graphics are decent...interesting character designs and very flashy attacks. The blood whip effects of the one class are pretty cool.

Combat is fast and twitchy, and as per most Asian MMOs, the key to winning any fight is spamming your attacks and pots as fast as you can as long as you can afford it.

Fishing is...meh. I like the WAY you fish, but the rewards are so-so and there's no real crafting or tradeskilling involved.

The game is already flooded with goldsellers and bots.

The "adult" label is a joke. It's not mature; far from it. All that's "adult" about it is the occasional swear word and mildly off-color reference.

In short it's a nice diversion until the next real MMO comes along. Nothing more.

• RarexRarex Member Posts: 36

No, I didn't have my graphics low -.-..

The graphics in 2moons just SUCK! look at the thing that looks like a lizard, it looks so cheap. look at devil worker, cheaper.

LAME.

• Well maybe you just don't like that style of graphics, I like the way they look, but I happen to really think that Last Chaos looks cheap. It's all opinions...

• jck87jck87 Member UncommonPosts: 54

I don't know how huge the game is since I have barely explored anything yet. I must agree that there is not much to customize yet. You can always buy 1 type of armor per lvl and no choices at all. The grind gets a bit boring and certainly at the higher lvls it gets frustrating when you get attack by four creatures at once. The fact that it is new is good since there is always a oppurtinity to form a party and talk a bit. I also like the fact  that you are able to fish and that it really requires some skill to catch the good ones. Something on my con list are the quest though. Eventhough there are several quest you often do them at lvl 5 and lvl 10 but nothing in between and then you have to wait till you reach 20 to do another quest even when you are more than capable of handeling it. Indeed there is cursing and to be honest I don't really mind, but to have every single line of text with a curse word is a bit overkill if you ask me it isn't even realistic anymore it seems like the game has a curse obsession. I'm used to playing games Guild Wars so I was glad to see that it is possible to go into a area with other players rather than have a single cell to yourself like in Guild Wars where you would only see eachother in towns. So here is my list of pro's and con's

Pro

- Good community

- Good Gameplay

- Good variety in creatures

- Good help guide (though often people don't bother to read it)

- The ability to do something other than fighting

- Lots of quests

Con

- Requirements for quests are often too high

- Grinding at higher lvls gets boring and frustrating

- Lots of people are PvPing noobs (lvl 20 vs lvl 2 this shouldn't be possible)

- Little choice in weapons, skills and armor

- Not a line without cursing

Overall I think it is a good game and I would also rate it 8 out of 10

Other than what I have just said I would prefer a skill system like that of oblivion over the one here. To make skills increase with what you do always seems more lifelike to me. Here you need to kill monsters if you want to increase your fishing skill where is the logic in that? I guess I still long for the old days of star wars galaxies where anything was possible, however I think 2moons is the best next substitude.

• sumujisumuji Member Posts: 54

After getting lvl 28 I quit, but here are my thoughts.

Pros-

Graphics and music are ok

Art and design is prettty good too

Combat is flashy looking

Cons-

Preset level equipment and that's it. Nothing in between. Sword X at lvl 18, sword Y at lvl 24

No character customization at all. Prepare to see a few thousand clones.

Complete grind with most quests not even slightly worth the effort and the quests are far and few

Not enough choices to grind at once past the noob areas

Cursing NPC's are completely overdone

Interface and controls are clunky. WASD feels awkward

PvP seems to not have a real purpose

No penalties for death other than travel time back

Grind starts getting pretty rough before you're even 1/4-1/5 of the way to the cap

Most of the playerbase is so obviously <17 regardless of rating so you get bombarded with immaturity and text message speak

Combat is mostly a joke because as long as you're landing steady hits on the mob/person their attacks are interrupted

If you're coming from quality pay to play MMO's prepare to be unimpresssed.