Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KOTBS to fight mounted..

Hmm..seems we will see mounted combat but only 2 classes will have it.Knights Of The Blazing Sun will fight not on the ground.That i have to take as mounted combat as i don't see anything else it can be.

www.youtube.com/watch

Comments

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Well it does make sence dont it they are Knights afterall.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• AdythielAdythiel Member Posts: 726

Not fighting on the ground doesn't mean they are mounted. Case in point? Chaos Magus. Will the KotBS be mounted? Probably. Will I accept it as fact? Not until Mythic states in bold, Knights of the Blazing Sun will employ mounted combat. Until then, I'll accept that KotBS will more than likely be the mounted unit, though I won't be happy about it because that means my Dragon Princes of Caledor are out.

Originally posted by METALDRAG0N

Not entirely accurate. About 2 table top editions ago, the Empire had Knights on Foot, I want to say they were the Reiksguard, but it's been a long time since I looked at or faced a unit of them. They used the same 2 handed greatswords we've seen the KotBS drawn with in concept art.

• AstrofunkAstrofunk Member Posts: 3

Ground Knights were Reiksguard (80% sure).

The same thing was said about Chaos Chosen (fight off the ground).

Its probable that these two classes employ some form of mounted combat. Though don't hold your breath because in the end Mythic may not be happy with the mounted system, or they may have had an alternative meaning all along.

The real question... Will Chosen be riding Chaos Beasts. =D

• SathirSathir Member Posts: 161
    2 classes will have mounted combat... i really cant see that. I think once the game is released, all classes will have a certain amount of mounted combat. We will soon see anyway.

-----------------------------------------
    WAR is coming, are you prepared?

• SathirSathir Member Posts: 161

Originally posted by Astrofunk

Ground Knights were Reiksguard (80% sure).
    The same thing was said about Chaos Chosen (fight off the ground).
    Its probable that these two classes employ some form of mounted combat. Though don't hold your breath because in the end Mythic may not be happy with the mounted system, or they may have had an alternative meaning all along.

The real question... Will Chosen be riding Chaos Beasts. =D

Chaos Beast... fingers cross

WAR is coming, are you prepared?

• anubisssanubisss Member Posts: 325

Originally posted by Adythiel

Not fighting on the ground doesn't mean they are mounted. Case in point? Chaos Magus. Will the KotBS be mounted? Probably. Will I accept it as fact? Not until Mythic states in bold, Knights of the Blazing Sun will employ mounted combat. Until then, I'll accept that KotBS will more than likely be the mounted unit, though I won't be happy about it because that means my Dragon Princes of Caledor are out.

Not entirely accurate. About 2 table top editions ago, the Empire had Knights on Foot, I want to say they were the Reiksguard, but it's been a long time since I looked at or faced a unit of them. They used the same 2 handed greatswords we've seen the KotBS drawn with in concept art.

Hmm.. ok perhaps i am reading to much into this unscheduled interview with Paul Barnett.Pehaps my hearing is wrong lol....

Paul stated KOTBS  would fight off  the ground.In this vid he states there is 2 mounted classes.Dose not take rocket science to put two and two together.

files.filefront.com/OWGrimBalt.wmv/;7873169;/fileinfo.html

Originally posted by anubisss

Originally posted by Adythiel

Hmm.. ok perhaps i am reading to much into this unscheduled interview with Paul Barnett.Pehaps my hearing is wrong lol....

Paul stated KOTBS  would fight off  the ground.In this vid he states there is 2 mounted classes.Dose not take rocket science to put two and two together.

files.filefront.com/OWGrimBalt.wmv/;7873169;/fileinfo.html

Chaos Magus fights with his feet off the ground. Does that mean he's mounted? There are a lot of weird things in the Warhammer world. Saying a profession fights with it's feet off the ground doesn't necessarily mean it's mounted.

Things also could easily have changed since that interview. Mythic may be having severe problems getting mounted combat to work and may have to drop it altogether. They may have come up with something else they want to do instead with the KotBS. As I said...until Mythic states as a fact that KotBS will be a mounted combat profession, things can change. Will KotBS be the mounted combat unit? Probably. Is it for certain? Nope. WAR is in a beta with half a year to go. All kinds of things can change in that time.

• dapsykotikdapsykotik Member Posts: 133

I'm pretty sure he said that Magus, even though not on the ground, were not ''on mount''.

Originally posted by dapsykotik

I'm pretty sure he said that Magus, even though not on the ground, were not ''on mount''.
    That was kind of my point.

The Magus don't fight on their feet. Yet they aren't mounted. It's possible, but not likely, that the Chosen and KotBS could also employ some form of non-foot, non-mounted combat like the Magus. I'm doubtful, but Mythic hasn't outright said those 2 professions are mounted. Until that happens, anything can change. It is beta.

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

"And ultimately ... will fight ... while not being on the ground...."

"It's a subtlety that is beyond the wit and wisdom of most people, I can assure you."

~~~

My attempt at interpreting this arcane "teaser" remark:

"And ultimately..."  Meaning -- When the KotBS reaches the highest levels.

"... will fight ..."  Meaning -- Will fight (not everything is cryptic)

"... while not being on the ground...."  Meaning -- Mounted, as in, on horseback.  (like a Knight)

(This could also be interpreted as "floating above the ground" or "riding on a moving, magical disc" but these interpretations are much less likely since they would not be in keeping with the "manner of a Knight.")

"It's a subtlety that is beyond, etc."  Meaning -- It's NOT a subtlety that is beyond the wit and wisdom of most people, I can assure you.

~~~

~ Ancient Membership ~

• ZakavarZakavar Member Posts: 48

I figured it meant they'd jump up to attack a lot, or something like that.

• spikeynormanspikeynorman Member UncommonPosts: 150

no they will have their own disc...like the magus it will jsut look like the sun :P

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion,I gain strength, through strength,I gain power,through power,I gain victory,through victory,my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

• UrazielUraziel Member Posts: 172

There will be a disk store in Tier 4. Just like surfboards, with all kind of prints.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Every Class will have some sort of  mount,at least from what they have been saying. But as to what class(s) can actually engage in combat while mounted ,who knows.IMO the chosen mite be granted vulture looking wings at higher level.,Cant have juggernauts thats Khorns territory.as for KoTBS (if they do use mounted combat) more than likely