Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has it gotten Better?

2»

Comments

• freiheitfreiheit Member Posts: 264

Originally posted by SkyJackal

And if you'd read you'd realise he wasn't even refering to content additions but the lag he experienced last time he played. No time frame was given on the departure either, giving no basis to even begin speculating the indivisual definition of 'new' in this case.

And then you listed things that came out right after release which played no part in that aspect or with respect to the title. GG

• freiheitfreiheit Member Posts: 264

Originally posted by Havocidee

Oh things are alot better...and if they can implement the wall moves..itl be a whole lot better.

Yeah a removed graphic being put back in will change the game for sure! Who needs content, we have sex changes !

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I know everyones into defending their game and all, but I was there on beta, and a couple months after launch.  I see they've implemented a lot of different things, and I applaud them for that, because it's important.  Unfortunately the games core is just outdated.  It's meager community and sales won't make it the next WoW, or the next SWG(after the NGE hit)  either.  I think that MxO is a great idea, it has a lot of potential, but they started with a poor core mechanic and are now trying to play catch-up with an extremely battered past. 

Maybe there are some people out there who like the game, and good going for them, they found their "thing".  Compared to some of the other more complex games with better polished combat systems and a larger community (not necessarily fanbase, because The Matrix has a great fanbase)  it just doesn't seem worth it to me.  They are a long ways away from this game having any staying power.  I still check the forums every now and then to see if it's worth another look (since I stil have the game in it's original box) but I just don't see anything that makes me say "Yeah, MxO, thats what I wanna play!" 

• SundiegoSundiego Member Posts: 92

They should just let this MMORPG die already. Hell maybe even make a Matrix Online 2 with a better core and all the lessons they learned.

Like Anarchy Online and Everquest it has outdated graphics and its past its prime. Games even MMORPGS are meant to last FOREVER.

• PoopyStuffPoopyStuff Member Posts: 297

Don't waste your time

combat is the same during end of beta, lock up system with bad animations

engine still is somewhat clunky and not optimized

and last but not least, there's nobody playing it...

I saw 2 people roaming around when I started out.

no immersion whatsoever

• SkyJackalSkyJackal Member Posts: 390
    Originally posted by PoopyStuff

Don't waste your time
    combat is the same during end of beta, lock up system with bad animations

Interlock always has been a love/hate system simply because of the difference from conventional mmo combat. Bad animation is subjective and besides, next patch is introducing a lot of animation fixes (Q/A Pending).
    engine still is somewhat clunky and not optimized

Not really sure what you mean by this, as a player how can we comment on the game engine's coding? Elaboration and explaination would be apprechiated as 'clunky' is somewhat vague for something we can't hope to have a perception of from our points of view.
    and last but not least, there's nobody playing it...
    I saw 2 people roaming around when I started out.

Which server did you join? What timezone are you? Which hardlines did you hang out at?
    no immersion whatsoever

Suppose that all depends on how much you want to be immersed, same with most arts. I actually find the level of RP from players and the movement of the story in real time to be really quite immersive.

All in all the game isn't for everyone, never has been, and i thank you for taking the chance to find out which side of the fence you sit. Its all we ask. ^_^

• Acees88Acees88 Member Posts: 132

Are there any trials or something like that for this game.. cuz I really want to test it..;)

See the post stickied at the top of this board to request a trial key.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

yeah, I'd say it's gotten better. The newest events are more than just in-game events...they have you searching web sites, myspace, youtube, and even your own e-mail for clues. People are getting cryptic cell-phone calls IRL. It's taking the game to new levels, and it's a blast.

SOE has done their best to ruin this game, like they do with every game they touch, but the players' dedication and involvement have more than made up for it.

• Sgt.ShatterSgt.Shatter Member Posts: 54

Sure I'll take one!

If your referring to a trial key then please go to the thread stickied at the top of this board to make your request.

• rrakstarraksta Member Posts: 16

Well I think this Halloween thing not being able to see anything is just stupid, at least to me... Do we know when it's going to come back to normal?

The 8th, this thursday.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    Originally posted by rraksta

Well I think this Halloween thing not being able to see anything is just stupid, at least to me... Do we know when it's going to come back to normal?

There is also a post in the "Redpill Rescue" section of the official forums on how to add a line to your cfg file, which extends the light radius, making the Halloween event a bit more bearable.