Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Uru Live updates not happening, just paid $20 for download and can't play. Help!

blahmeisterblahmeister CDA, IDPosts: 15Member

I just paid $20 to download Uru Live, but when I start the game up and it checks for updates, nothing happens.  It times out, and I have to Ctrl Alt Delete out of it.  The support site is down as well, when I click on the Support tab it takes me to an internet page that says the site isn't available.  Did I just buy a download for a game that isn't working, or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Rev_VaderRev_Vader Gordon, NEPosts: 5Member

It doesn't cost anything to download Uru Live. You can play it for free as a visitor. Or you can sign up as a full explorer for just 99 cents for your first month.

(For more information, go to www.mystonline.com .)

If you've actually downloaded the expansion pack for the single-player game, unfortunately there is no longer any connection between the two. Ubi Soft was the original publisher of Uru: Ages Beyond Myst and Uru Live - but Ubi cancelled Uru Live three years ago before it actually began.

GameTap is the new publisher of the new Myst Online: Uru Live - and this new online Uru client has been significantly reworked since then.