Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So can i play for free?

FiberCodeFiberCode Member Posts: 50

Never had an account, but i see its shutting down and the people who currently have accounts wont be billed anymore. So.....If i create an account, will i get to play for free? May be a fun time killer for a bit.

Comments

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

any chance you can test it and tell me? i need a time killer, too

• JackBauer24JackBauer24 Member Posts: 283

That would be pretty sick and ironic if this game was free......... but, I dont think it will be because they are going to stop paying for the servers and that means no where to play. 

This is my guess.

• KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

Originally posted by FiberCode

Never had an account, but i see its shutting down and the people who currently have accounts wont be billed anymore. So.....If i create an account, will i get to play for free? May be a fun time killer for a bit.

NCSoft does not list Auto Assault as one of it's game offering any longer and I saw no sign of a "buy now" or free trial on the games site.

So unless you beg for acess to someones existing account, it looks like the answer is...

No Auto Assault for you.

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

If the servers DO go offline, does that make the game freeware to whomever wants to host it, IE does it become a regular multiplayer game like something you'd get down on gamespy? People paid money for the client...are they not intitled to use it? I've never seen a mmorpg actually close down like this, so we are in new territory? Has the publisher said what will happen after it closes?

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239

Its only free for those who have been subbing..their accounts got extended (for free) upto Sept 1st as a fnal gesture of goodwill.

Not sure if they are still sending out Trial COdes tbh, and there was some problems with these anyway for a while now (they ran out).

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

Originally posted by spankybus

If the servers DO go offline, does that make the game freeware to whomever wants to host it, IE does it become a regular multiplayer game like something you'd get down on gamespy? People paid money for the client...are they not intitled to use it? I've never seen a mmorpg actually close down like this, so we are in new territory? Has the publisher said what will happen after it closes?
    The copyrights and trademarks are still in force, so its still stealing if they want to come after you.

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

@spanky..no offiicial word yet on what happens to the game servers.

The communuity is looking into this (and yes trhere is a die-hard community who would do a lot to keep this going somewhow with or without NCS or ND).

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

Man, it will be interesting to see how this pans out after its closed. I think this is a first in the Genre history.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089

Earth and Beyond and Asheron's call 2 were both closed the same way.

No, the people with the clients are not entitled to play once the official servers shut down. They will now have shiny coasters.

No, it does not become a regular multiplayer.

This is nowhere near new territory.

• Originally posted by spankybus

Man, it will be interesting to see how this pans out after its closed. I think this is a first in the Genre history.

no it isnt, earth and beyond was

• AZAlex86AZAlex86 Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by Cikbik

no it isnt, earth and beyond was

Seed also closed...was officially opened for like 4 months

• scholesscholes Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Don't forget Motor City Online from EA - also closed down.

Scholes
  • FiberCodeFiberCode Member Posts: 50

Well, I tried to see if it would work. I cannot get an access code to start up though. I get.....

We're sorry, we are currently experiencing an internal problem that is preventing us from providing trial serial codes.

Maybe they already thought of it. *shrug*

• TzaxilTzaxil Member Posts: 3

I hope it's still possible to create new accounts because i have two unopened Limited editions from a contest I won awhile ago and I'd really like to try the game out before it closes.

• SnipehunterSnipehunter Member UncommonPosts: 29

Originally posted by Tzaxil

I hope it's still possible to create new accounts because i have two unopened Limited editions from a contest I won awhile ago and I'd really like to try the game out before it closes.
    It is; a friend of mine had a copy that he'd gotten at EB for free, he never bothered to install it because he had already played and was done with it back in the day, but he installed it really quick to see if it would work and sure enough - that account code from the box worked perfectly.  He's back and playing again.

I dunno if it's funny or tragic that the pop might be higher now that it's closing than it was when it was still "ongoing."

I dunno if it's funny or tragic that the pop might be higher now that it's closing than it was when it was still "ongoing."

Believe me when I say the population is nowhere near as good as it used to be before the announcment.

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?

• EstrusEstrus Member Posts: 357

You should have no probs creating a new account.  Thats what I did with the unused box that was collecting dust on my shelf.

Unfortunately, the appeal of the game wore off after about 3 days.

• SnipehunterSnipehunter Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by Estrus

Unfortunately, the appeal of the game wore off after about 3 days.

I wish I could say I was surprised.  the core loop of that game is just way to simple.  A game isn't sustainable if its core loop isn't deep/broad/satisfying enough to keep your interest in and of itself, and sadly with AA that's absolutely the case.  there is a lot of cool stuff in the game, but if the core loop doesn't do it for you, you'll never stick around long enough to see any of it.  

• tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446

I still have 2 unused beta codes that give the limited edition items that I never used lol.

It really isnt a bad game.  It just didnt keep my interest. Im a fantasy (swords and spells) buff.