Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pvp

Can someone tell me how is pvp atm ?Is there pvp zone ?Is there Battleground ? anything to defend ? well how is it :)

I am thinking to make a comeback to  VG but did pvp improve ?

Thx for helping

Comments

• StrikeTeamStrikeTeam Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by roy686

Can someone tell me how is pvp atm ?
    Lame
    Is there pvp zone ?
    No
    Is there Battleground ?
    No
    anything to defend ?
    No
    well how is it :)
     Totally unbalanced, without any stake, without any reward. So: Lame

Clerics are now demi gods.
    Thx for helping

• KraeneeKraenee Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by StrikeTeam

Originally posted by roy686

Can someone tell me how is pvp atm ?
    Lame AGREED

Is there pvp zone ?
    No AGREED

Is there Battleground ?
    No AGREED

anything to defend ?
    No AGREED

well how is it :)
     Totally unbalanced, without any stake, without any reward. So: Lame AGREED

Clerics are now demi gods. GIVE ME A BREAK! SO A CLERIC CAN'T BE ONE SHOTED LIKE MOST OTHERS BUT SHAMAN ARE 10 TIMES MORE POWERFUL IN PVP THAN A CLERIC!

Thx for helping

• CharslesTCharslesT Member Posts: 366

*TROLL DETECTION ALERT**  Do not listen to Kraenee.

Anyway, if you are going PvP, go Druid.  One-shot kills.  Snare.  Root. Buffs. Heal. High DPS.  Faster Run Speed.

And watch out for trolls. 

Boycott EA Games. RIP Sim City.

Originally posted by CharslesT

*TROLL DETECTION ALERT**  Do not listen to Kraenee.

Anyway, if you are going PvP, go Druid.  One-shot kills.  Snare.  Root. Buffs. Heal. High DPS.  Faster Run Speed.

And watch out for trolls. 
    Like the one that posted this crap!

First of all you cannot "one shot" with a druid anyone your lvl once you above 15.  If you've played the game you would know this. Just because Star fall "says" xxxx dmg it does not do that. "known issue since the game went live"I know I have a lvl 32 Druid.  Not only that star fall often times gets resisted.  "One shot killers are Sorcs or Shaman with that stupid flaming bird"

However nobody can one shot a cleric so all the squishies cried about it over and over. Because unlike alot of the other melee classes cleric could actually have half a chance against ranged or casters.

So If your gonna play the game play a shaman with the damn flamming bird. Otherwise your just waisting your time.

Originally posted by Zatoitchi
    <Mod edit>

Wow sounds like your letting your sexual inadequacies get to you and I pitty you for it. Also you seem very hostile about pvp. Could this be because your ifamy is lower than an AFK crafter? Or is that uber Disciple keeps kicking your ass at the bind stone? Eitherway I too find it sad you go down faster than a $5 hungry hooker but sometimes PVP is just not for everyone. What is your in game toons name? Cause I really don't believe you have a Druid and in fact a warrior or some other gimped class that gets flatbacked by every druid or shaman out there.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

<Mod edit>

the fact that you claim to 1 shot anyone shows precisely the fact that pvp in Vanguard is bogus at best.

no decent pvp game lets you 1 shot people your level. End of story.
    As for your ridiculously testosterone driven response to people being perfectly honest with how lacking pvp is in vanguard, show some respect to earn some respect.
    An interesting side note. Most of the good pvp'rs actually came from the Zek servers in eq1. (rallos,tallon,sullon). I RARELY ran into a proper pvp'r from elsewhere.
    But yes all the above replies were correct. What they failed to mention is the amount of sorcs that wander around ganking people in the bank, crafters, etc etc. Its pretty boring in fact. with an imbalance like that. Its no wonder its hard to find tanks for groups.
    I digress however and will leave you with one fact.
    The pvp servers had to merge because everyones dropping off of them so fast. And all the aforementioned problems with the sad half assed last minute pvp implementation are correct. Theres really no debating it.
  • OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

<Mod edit>

Headshot == CS... There 1 shotting is the way to go. Please. It's never great pvp if you can 1shot in a game likes this on ordinary basis. That would be on very, with big emphasis on VERY, seldom and almost worth celebrating more then your birthday.

Stenk

We can talk about death penalty / pvp purpose when we finish fixing 1-shotting and balance, and move on to making more meaningful pvp.

As much as one might want to but 1-shotting actually does not seem to be intended. And they are working(tm) on pvp.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

Originally posted by Orphes

<Mod edit>

Headshot == CS... There 1 shotting is the way to go. Please. It's never great pvp if you can 1shot in a game likes this on ordinary basis. That would be on very, with big emphasis on VERY, seldom and almost worth celebrating more then your birthday.

Stenk

We can talk about death penalty / pvp purpose when we finish fixing 1-shotting and balance, and move on to making more meaningful pvp.

As much as one might want to but 1-shotting actually does not seem to be intended. And they are working(tm) on pvp.

It's true they are working on alot and pvp seems to be in there somewhere but ... as a player of SWG YOU know how long they've been working on pvp in that game.  It may take a good two years before they find any type of balance in vg.

Right now as it stands if your not a bird shammy, Bear shammy, necro or sorc your dead meat. Don't even try a melee class

• CharslesTCharslesT Member Posts: 366

When it comes to PvP, take everyone's word for it.

Avoid it.

Do not play on a PvP server, you will regret it.  It is probably the worst PvP in MMO history. 

Boycott EA Games. RIP Sim City.

• flarekojimaflarekojima Member Posts: 13

I actually don't mind the pvp and I'm on the FFA server. It is definietly unbalanced as all hell in certain areas, I will give you all that. Not rewarding, yes. Fun, I think so. Well, fun as long as a lvl 50 isn't griefing your lvl 17 character. That does get kinda crummy. But oh well, that's the FFA for ya.

GTFO my internets!

• needsuminnewneedsuminnew Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Arcken

<Mod edit>

the fact that you claim to 1 shot anyone shows precisely the fact that pvp in Vanguard is bogus at best.

no decent pvp game lets you 1 shot people your level. End of story.

As for your ridiculously testosterone driven response to people being perfectly honest with how lacking pvp is in vanguard, show some respect to earn some respect.

An interesting side note. Most of the good pvp'rs actually came from the Zek servers in eq1. (rallos,tallon,sullon). I RARELY ran into a proper pvp'r from elsewhere.

But yes all the above replies were correct. What they failed to mention is the amount of sorcs that wander around ganking people in the bank, crafters, etc etc. Its pretty boring in fact. with an imbalance like that. Its no wonder its hard to find tanks for groups.

I digress however and will leave you with one fact.

The pvp servers had to merge because everyones dropping off of them so fast. And all the aforementioned problems with the sad half assed last minute pvp implementation are correct. Theres really no debating it.

sorry champ most of have enuff respect irl we dont need it from a "game" clearly you play mmorpg's to help fill the voids in your pathetic existance

seems anyone from mmorpg staff encluded can bash the shit outta vanguard but when anyone says anything pro vanguard they get banned pathetic , same goes for the warhammer beta the game its a shit version of wow enuff said all its ideas borrowed very very poor graphics (sure mods go an suck up an try an get me removed from the beta for breaking the nda like we no you do after working for turbine ive dealt with you 1st hand in the past shame for you id never post here on the ip of my beta account ;))

gg mmorpg id like to no how much gamesworkshops are paying you for the pro warhammer>everyother mmorpg slant thats crept into your website .... more or less then turbine did when we launched lotro ? let me no if we paid 2 little o 2 much

no doubt u pencil necked asslickers will ban this account again 

just remeber you will always be the small fry always on the outside looking in looking for someone to throw you a bone 

regards

the naked

H . S . Tompson

• jonyakjonyak Member Posts: 320

I totaly agree with the above poster. This site is the most biased pathetic site I have ever been too.

I got a warning for saying that I thought most people in this world are stupid. I was banned for a few days for saying the word stupid. because someone did not like it.

this site is pathetic.