Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of starting to play..

Sum71Sum71 Member Posts: 9

I'm thinking of starting to play this game and i have a few questions....

1. Is the community good? Much events, and how about the playerbase, is the servers populated?

2. Is the leveling fun, the quests good?

3. Is the game Group-friendly. With that i mean, is the game good to play with many friends?

4. Is there much content and much fun to do? Is the game repetetive?

i rock!

Comments

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

......seriously?

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• freiheitfreiheit Member Posts: 264

1. The game world is vitually empty, the population is probably the lowest outside of auto assualt and d&l.

2. It's the worst leveling system in the MMO world, you grind the same mission over and over, literally. See my post "An inconvienent Truth"

3. Sure, if you can find someon in game to play with. And there isn't much in the way of content...so I hope by play you mean ROLEPLAY because that's all there is to do. And if you don't RP you're encouraged to stay away from events...even if it's aplyer created event on the PVP server.

4. There is virtually no content and here will never be an expansion or any more significant devlopment.

• ArchendrusXArchendrusX Member UncommonPosts: 46

1)  I think the community is good.  It's not HUGE but there are usually a good amount of people on at any given time.  Yes, there are alot of player events and live events too that are usually led by characters from the movies and being played by the game developers.  There is a lot of RP too if you enjoy it.  The community can be smartasses at times but I like that :)

2) Leveling is sadly not very fun.  There are critical missions that progress the story and are different depending on which org you are affiliated with, but similar in the sense that they deal with the same part of the story.  These come out one at a time, and once a week.  Think of it like a TV series.

3) The game is group friendly but only if your team mates are close in level.  Missioning with higher levels will get you more XP but you won't be able to fight at all.  Missions can be started up easy too.  No need to look for "Quest Givers"  when you have a cell phone.

4) Content?  It's lacking.  I won't lie.  Though you can explore all the different classes because you really have no set class and can mix and match till you're blue in the face.  There's constructs with bosses that drop good stuffs, Pandora's Box story arc when you get to the higher levels, and your basic crafting system, and........yeah.

• Sum71Sum71 Member Posts: 9

Thank you both for your answers and i really think i will be start playing this even though some people say i shouldn't, because i want. The game needs players too, so i'll probably be in game in a few days. And again, thank you for the answers.

i rock!

• centrik91centrik91 Member Posts: 175

Originally posted by Sum71

I'm thinking of starting to play this game and i have a few questions....

1. Is the community good? Much events, and how about the playerbase, is the servers populated?

2. Is the leveling fun, the quests good?

3. Is the game Group-friendly. With that i mean, is the game good to play with many friends?

4. Is there much content and much fun to do? Is the game repetetive?

1. The community is great!  I've been playing for a few months now, and although the population is low(not as low as other games, though), the quality of it is superb.  Of course, there are some assholes, but overall it is the best community in any mmo I've ever played.  There are events pretty often, and are a lot of fun.  I hear they get repetitive, though.   The servers themselvbes are pretty populated, as there are only three.  The peak hours and events seem to attract a ton of hours (quite expectantly).  Each server seems to have it's own theme.  Vector-Hostile, is well, the hostile server, AKA a pvp server.  Recursion seems to have the biggest US/RP playerbase, while Syntax has the biggest Euro/RP playerbase.  Personally, I play on Recursion.  Send me an IM here and ill give u my name.

2. No.  Leveling is pretty painful...unless you know some friends.  The missions themselves are basically the same base structure with different names/locations.  The archive missions and critical missions are good, though.  They are missions that are pertinent to the storyline, and usually involve key people, such as The Oracle or Agent Gray.

3. Yep!  I can't imagine playing this game without a faction or some friends.  Once again, if you do join on Recursion, IM me here!

4. There is a lot of stuff to do!  Between live events, constructs, luggables, the awesome pvp, debating with other orginazations, and player run events, you can have a lot of fun!