Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doubloon Oceans or Subscription Oceans

whats the difference? please tell me becuase im so lost with this game. i play games like WoW, lotro, ffxi...ect. and then i come to a game like this and i have no clue where to start 

Comments

• dragyntamerdragyntamer Member Posts: 3

Subscription oceans are like the typical MMO setup. There are monthly fees to pay if you want to access some of the more advanced clothes, weapons, and items. They used to have a limited free trial, but i believe they expanded it to an unlimited free trial, so you can play the game as long as you like but you won't be able to get the advanced content.

Dubloon oceans use a micro-currency system. You can pay cash to buy dubloons. Dubloons are included in the purchase price of many advanced items like ships, and badges and such. Dubloons, however, can be bought or sold for in-game cash (called PoE) at the bank. You earn PoE from working with the navy, pillaging with the ship, or even playing cards (if your good enough).

Basically, if you don't want to pay for the game, choose a dubloon ocean. You'll have access to everything in the game, you may just have to work a little harder to get it all.

• SailorCallieSailorCallie Member UncommonPosts: 54

Originally posted by dragyntamer

Subscription oceans are like the typical MMO setup. There are monthly fees to pay if you want to access some of the more advanced clothes, weapons, and items. They used to have a limited free trial, but i believe they expanded it to an unlimited free trial, so you can play the game as long as you like but you won't be able to get the advanced content.
    Dubloon oceans use a micro-currency system. You can pay cash to buy dubloons. Dubloons are included in the purchase price of many advanced items like ships, and badges and such. Dubloons, however, can be bought or sold for in-game cash (called PoE) at the bank. You earn PoE from working with the navy, pillaging with the ship, or even playing cards (if your good enough).
    Basically, if you don't want to pay for the game, choose a dubloon ocean. You'll have access to everything in the game, you may just have to work a little harder to get it all.

I perfer the dubloon oceans because I can pay for the deliveries of the items that I've purchased, obtain a new pet, pay for a new home, or even pay for dubloons with PoE (Pieces of Eight).

You can even pay for dubloons with real-life money (credit card, PayPal, check or money order) and it'll be automatically added to your game.

• AndorhalAndorhal Member UncommonPosts: 73

It really depends on wether your lazy or not :P JK. I played this game for a while, got bored, quit, played again, got bored again, quit, and i check up on my account, I still have my ship.