Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An Ode to SS

Shadow-BladeShadow-Blade Member Posts: 3
If you really think graphics are where its at, close your internet browser, cancel from your internet provider, pull out all of your RAM, and destroy your graphics cards. Why? Because if you call yourself a gamer, you miss out on a lot of games that become greater later on. SS Is getting better and better, if you play it now, You can say: "Yeah, i played SS when it sucked and knew it was gonna get better." If you try it now, you'll be better later on. You will have advantages that others cant get when they start later. Try it, even if its boring in the first place, if you dont play it till later you'll quit and miss out. WoW, Eve, RS, all of these are INCREDIBLY boring in the beginning, and if you're a graphics freak you would know that because you play those games all the time. :/. Try it, like HellSpreader and Erman said, these 2 players are very respected in the game, and HS' offer of getting you into Pants is awesome. Hit me up on Thyme or Shadow-Blade-Iathan if you've got any questions. Peace.

Conquer, Defeat, Victory.

Comments

• HellSpreaderHellSpreader Member Posts: 16

Awww I feel loved!!!

He is right though... ERMAN runs and directs one of the biggest Teams in SS and I am a senior ranking officer in Pantalones which is the biggest team in SS...

We love the game so tehre must be something to it! Like Dr Pepper says... "how do you know if you dont try it?"

Hell hath no fury like mine

• VoomyVoomy Member Posts: 8

After being a active player for 3 years I have to say, best online game I've played 

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice

• HellSpreaderHellSpreader Member Posts: 16

One other thing that I feel should be mentioned at this point...

The Admins are starting to add in new exciting content... in StarSonata the idea is to build up several alt characters skilled in different useful things... one of those things is Station Mastery and Slave Mastery, Extraction Expert and Colonial Administration... This allows you to take command of 1 or several galaxies with many planets rich in resources for your slaves to deliver to bases, stations and colonies.  Other planets are more suitable for colonies so that you can nurture 3000 colonists into a thriving productive hive of 12 billion colonists!  All of these colonists will buy these comodities and you can make a fortune!!!

So whats the new change?  Well... people have traditionally made a number of bases in each galaxy for defensive purposes... different weapons to do different types of damage, healing weapons to heal other bases and ships and drones and slave-ships... We have known for some time that there are lots of AI Teams that control galaxies deep into the unknown outer rim territories... strange Alien races who command powerful organic ships that can do a tremendous amount of damage... As theyhave grown in strength so they have saught more territory.  Recently powerful and strange alien scout ships have been sent out to roam the universe... Following thses scouts over the last few months the first major assault was launched on one of the player galaxies... 80% of the playerbase stormed across the universe to defend this galaxy against the 3 "Queen Capital Ships" sent by the alien race with hundreds of supporting light fighters...  Many people died in the ensuing battle but the aliens were eventually killed... and they dropped some valuable items too!

We are convinced that this is merely the first and weakest of many attacks to come... as they grow in confidence we can expect more sustained and well coordinated attacks by them...  The more dangerous and exposed galaxy you choose to own... the higher the risk of it being wiped out at the cost of billions to the owner if it is inadequately defended....

Great... just great to see this sort of content being added and that sample invasion was a lot of fun!

Hell hath no fury like mine

• Tyler_tdaTyler_tda Member Posts: 3

i've been playing this game for 3=2 years and think its a great game

Tyler,

• Guest99Guest99 Member Posts: 8

I've been playing for 2 years and this is the best game I've come across, when I start to get bored suddenly some exciting new content pops out of nowhere and blows me away Uber zone for example and the new fighter bays. I have to admit HS and Erman are respected players due to their experience but they can be a bit snappy at times. Remember, team score isn't everything, it's the amount of good teammates you have that count.

• DicharekDicharek Member UncommonPosts: 177

It's funny how Shadow-Blade, Woomy, Hellspreader and Guest99, all promoting the game very much, decided to make their accounts on mmorpg.com on the same day as eachother.

• JeffLJeffL Member Posts: 29

It's because the OP posted a link on our forum, I believe.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

This thread sounds like some phony testimonials section lol. Other then that I have no comment on the game have not tried it or even noticed it before till now.

• AnonymouSSAnonymouSS Member Posts: 1

Hey uhhh ERMAN isnt respected... sure he has his own team with UZ ships but he sucks off to pants too do it... without pants Traders wouldnt be SHIT

ERMAN is a dick and he abuses mod all the time

sooooo dont say ERMAN is respected

• wts2006wts2006 Member Posts: 2

This game owns so just suck it up and play

Mjolnir! Mjolnir!

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127

Well, I can say this game is excellent, and as you may note, I DID NOT join the same day as those other people who supposedly "wrote phony testimonials." I used to be an avid RuneScape fan, but found this game to be far more enjoyable. I promptly quit RuneScape and started to play Star Sonata. I am now level 700 after 2 months of playing, and it is surely the most fun I've had on a game in a while, while still having the challenges of player interaction, diplomacy, and combat.

Please note I'm partly autistic, so this game isn't very easy for me to play, since it requires heavy human interaction and cooperation. However, I'm happy to deal with that aspect of it, since i find it too fun to stop playing. I currently have 4 bases, and the team I belong to owns about 8 galaxies, and I helped capture one of them myself.

Too bad that galaxy is under attack by Death Mental constantly, but we try to defend it, and have kept it so far.

I'm happy to say I captured a Bule Ruins about 2 weeks ago, so that's really fun to play with. It's the suprises and rush of fiinding a great resource that make this game so fun, and those "Random Attacks" I apparently just found out about, should be very fun to fend off! Got to go, back to Star Sonata for me.