Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fun Little Game

BaronTacoBaronTaco Member Posts: 10
Let me start off by mentioning I have played several MMORPG's: UO, WoW, EvE, AA, MCO, Granado Espada(pre open beta). MCO was my favorite online game ever... and since EA killed it I have been looking for one to replace it. WoW stole almost 2 years of my life, but I had my moments. Eve online bored me to death, and Ultima Online... I don't even want to talk about. I'm lazy so I look for games that cater to lazy people. WoW catered to lazy people but I got sick of it because of how bored it became at end game. This game caters to the action movie fan that likes explosions, lots of automatic weapon fire, and being able to blow up almost EVERYTHING in sight.. You don't have to sink your attention into the story of any of the missions, just get it, and go do it while blowing the crap out of everything on the way. I have a machine gun on my turret slot and one on my front weapon. I can literally now sit there and mow down stuff, it's just fantastic. Granted, I am only lvl 16 now, but I solo'd everything so far, which is a major plus because getting groups is s pain in MMORPG's in general. Does it get boring? Yeah, but not like WoW. You don't need to invest tons of time in this game to do something. Hop on and blast stuff for a few minutes before work if you want, you can and can have a great time doing it. It's an easy game for me, which makes it more fun and more of a stress relief than an obligation. Controls  are actually really good IMO. I use the gamepad and mouse to get analog acceleration and steering. So what if the graphics aren't super polished, I like what they did with it. People in this game on average are intelligent, and seemingly somewhat educated although there are a few younger individuals that bring back painful memories of WoW. If you like the post-apocalyptic action genre, this game may tickle your fancy with relatively low commitment to enjoyment ration and classic brain-rotting entertainment that we all treasure without getting too intellectual. Don't think too hard, just drive and blow stuff up. Simple.

When life gives you lemons... throw them at cars.

Comments

• fgauerfgauer Member Posts: 111
    Yes it is fun. Thanks for the post. I usually have 2-3 accounts going in other games and I ALWAYS maintain my AA account. Why? When boredom sets in you can just go out and blow stuff up. How cool is that? And you're gaining XP and farming at the same time! No long drawn out - blah blah blah - just pure and simple fun.
  • Kevin41894Kevin41894 Member Posts: 8
    well, i got the free trial, it was fun, but to laggy for me lol, not my kinda game anyway, lol
  • bufmufrbufmufr Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by Kevin41894

well, i got the free trial, it was fun, but to laggy for me lol, not my kinda game anyway, lol

One thing to note about this game.

It needs a Pretty darn good computer.  You can't just use a regular, off the assembly line, model.

You need at least a Gig of Ram.  At least.  You need a very good Graphics card.  And frankly, you need to be able to setup the graphics displays on the game.  (Anti-aliasing and such)

It is a very good game.  But very computer intensive.

PS Turn off sound.  Sad to say.  But sound kills in this game.  Listen to w00tradio.net..free plug Wraith..*Grins*