Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game pwns try it out!!!

Ok look everybody knows this games launch sucked....  but not everybody knows that this game has improved dramatically

i bought this game a month ago after feeling disappointed with wow and bc.(the forum is not on this topic i was just saying)

i luv this game its great i honestly think more people should give it a try its well worth ur time and money.  Its a good alternative to fantasy games like eq and wow so if u feel a need to drive 90 mph and blow everything in ur path to hell... i think ull love this game.

P.S. if uve ever collected mounts in any game i think this game is for u

Comments

• DefiledFDefiledF Member Posts: 102
    If it wasn't completely dead...
  • iffymackiffymack Member Posts: 376

Ive just downloaded the trial,and while theres nothing wrong with the game,there seems to be about 7 other people playing.

if it went ftp im sure the player numbers would increase..

Giving it a try though,as im in desperate need to find a game I enjoy without tiring of it in a month.

• warbat2010warbat2010 Member Posts: 19
    yeah any game with a shitty start off should definetly start f2p then have  a p2p and f2p. that would make everything just so much better, gotta love f2p
  • DarkEssenceDarkEssence Member Posts: 47
    I've always wanted to try the demo, but whenever I asked anyone on how this game was they always told me that while it's a good idea it was not executed properly. So apparently the game was not worth the lengthy download to try it out. I hope one day, someone can change my view on it so that I will be tempted to try it out.

I've played many games, and the ones that I play change weekly. Currently I am very interested in Gunbound, Poker, and Kwon Ho once more. I am thinking of returning to Maple Story and Ghost Online.

• MidavegMidaveg Member Posts: 296
    Game is very fun... only drawback is the client side performance. With 2GB dual channel, i still face unwanted crashes and framerate latency with 8800GTX non-SLI. A few articles ago, ND claimed they know their mistake but they are doing the same again.. adding content more than fixing up client performance.

Wonder only when developers really know their mistake and wake up from it.

All canceled. Waiting on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning.

• sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261
    I'm glad you like it xsarkaix!

Opinions are a funny thing.  Especially in books, movies, and games.  It's nice to see you gave it a try even with all the piling-on that so many gamers have done even though they haven't played the game since its first couple months!

#1.  Good or bad...you'll always have the bandwagoners.  They'll read the reviews, listen to what some of their "friends" say about it, and then spew their "expert" opinion...even though they never even read the book, watched the movie, or played the game.

#2.  It's always so much easier to tear something down than build it up...especially when your part of the MOB. 

#3.  If very few people play the game, read the book, watch the movie...then it must be crap.  Of course, the opposite is true of course using that logic. 

If gamers continue to use this ignorant method of "review" and "commentary", how do we ever expect to get products that any different that WoW?  I mean, according to their logic...how can 8 million gamers be wrong?

Seriously, I have absolutely NO problem with someone bashing a game that has actually PLAYED the game in its current state.  Like one of the posters in this thread mentioned...he is playing right now, but the population is SO small.  He's right, although "7" is a bit of an exaggeration! 

This game is far from perfect...but it is a hell of a lot of fun!  It IS a unique style of MMO, and it certainly is NOT for everyone...but if you're looking for an MMO with a TON of action, a fantastic community, and the most variety in crafting and loot that I've ever seen...

Ignore the mouth-breathers and do what xsarkaix did.  Who knows?  It might just surprise you!

• OreguruOreguru Member Posts: 40
    played the closed beta, purchased after.

Did they manage to fix things? For me it was frustrating, because it was like carmagedon,

doing this " to me it was LIKE" , means... its hardly many players there.

Thats the problem,

i dont claim wow with 8 mils is good, no..tried to play it, third time, sucked, didnt manage..

But i mean, its like a.... 100 players? how many servers are there? 6? or 3 as they made later?

I hope its 1 server, then at least it would be a bit of " hello!... aw, 90mph isnt a joke, bye.. "

and not " HELLOOO-O-o-O-o  *echo ringing* oh, right, im in wastelands..like...10 more ppl are around +-20 lvls from mine?"

of course, if everyone gets to highest lvl(was it 80? or... wait... 100... ) and then yeah, it would get more alive.

but...

What about classes? is it still " put out drones or whatever else, go afk for 2 hours, come back - Ew!Level!whee.. "

and for that rogue class, forgot it, on the buggy for humans and other races, is it still kind of, same hard way around?

And like terminator, and all those tank classes on hummers and staff, still only ones who can take anything anytime anywhere and survive? :/ well, im just... even if its trial, its quite a waste of time to download a big client,

because, if i see that i like the game, yeah, it hooked me for example, but , there is just noone to talk to, noone around, maybe just a few same lonely ppl who get the feeling of playing single player game, or like multiplayer (like wow lol..)

even then it will be hard to stay, and keep paying for the game, because, well...there are few games that offer post apoc. world and are Mad Max style based...
    Originally posted by sekrog

Opinions are a funny thing.  Especially in books, movies, and games.  It's nice to see you gave it a try even with all the piling-on that so many gamers have done even though they haven't played the game since its first couple months!

#1.  Good or bad...you'll always have the bandwagoners.  They'll read the reviews, listen to what some of their "friends" say about it, and then spew their "expert" opinion...even though they never even read the book, watched the movie, or played the game.

#2.  It's always so much easier to tear something down than build it up...especially when your part of the MOB. 

#3.  If very few people play the game, read the book, watch the movie...then it must be crap.  Of course, the opposite is true of course using that logic. 

If gamers continue to use this ignorant method of "review" and "commentary", how do we ever expect to get products that any different that WoW?  I mean, according to their logic...how can 8 million gamers be wrong?

Seriously, I have absolutely NO problem with someone bashing a game that has actually PLAYED the game in its current state.  Like one of the posters in this thread mentioned...he is playing right now, but the population is SO small.  He's right, although "7" is a bit of an exaggeration! 

This game is far from perfect...but it is a hell of a lot of fun!  It IS a unique style of MMO, and it certainly is NOT for everyone...but if you're looking for an MMO with a TON of action, a fantastic community, and the most variety in crafting and loot that I've ever seen...

Ignore the mouth-breathers and do what xsarkaix did.  Who knows?  It might just surprise you!

I was being sarcastic of course when i said 7 ..there were 12  .

whats the population like at higher levels? id actually like to play this for a while,but not if its a ghost town. and are there any classes i should really avoid like the plague for both pvp/pve? im playing as a biomek terminator at the moment,but wouldnt mind playing a offensive healer or pet class. i saw someone driving around with these 2 little robotic things following,cant remember the name of the class it was now though.

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239
    To be honest, it really depends on what time you play.

MAjority of players are CET time based it seems so for me (EU) server comes alive for pvp after midnight (GMT).

12 players?...you just hit a bad time thats all. Even in the lowest populated faction at the worst possible moment (biomeks or mutants) you'll see at least 30'ish or more players on. System can only show you upto 52 players anyway even if there are more.

Servers were merged into one (called NEXUS), yes.

A good move altho this means that tournaments now have to have 2 different start times for the

EU and CST folks so noone misses out. SOme weren't happy about it but there just wasn't enough players about to have 3 different servers in the beginning. MAybe later we'll switch back to that system, who knows.

Stealth (Rogue to some) classes have been fixed or nerfed (depending on how you look at it). The human Bounty HUnters had a few skill loopholes that were fixed (like having 2 seperate timers for cloak and group cloak meaning they could almost indefinately cloak ftw).

Deflection was reintroduced which made the Muties once again able to dish out some green nastiness due to their factional deflection capabilities.

Race tracks are in testing on the PTS (public test server) which will add another fun element to the game.

They are also working on new tournaments where they can give prizes like weps or tokens etc.

Oh yeh, token drops were introduced to pvp a while back. This re-ignited pvp for a lot as previously it was only from capping outposts and holding them that you could get tokens.

ANyway, check it out and ignore the voices.

Oh yeh one more thing.

You do need a nice system to run this game.

Forget about dual SLI , that don't mean tish to this game.

And if you are thinking "oh I can run WoW on my system no problems, it should be able to handle it"..think again.

The game engine is HAvolk system and it eats RAM for starters.

I only have 1 gb RAM, 256 mb VGA card, 2ghz amd cpu. I can run the game, but I intend to upgrade my system soon for a smoother performance. With the above system, I can only run the game at a playable level with all graphics settinbgs at low or medium.

Unfortunately, sound is still a major problem/bug in this game.

But hey, I prefer to listen to winamp anyway.

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

I've played this game from closed beta, wave 4, to the end of closed beta.  It was doomed from the start. Good concept, bad design overall.

• RoyspiRoyspi Member Posts: 202
    I know its jaded but if there was no monthly fee I'd still be playing. I enjoyed my first couple months a lot, but just couldnt justify spending a monthly fee on this one. Maybe I'll download the trial and see if things have changed enough.
  • ElgarethElgareth Member Posts: 588
    Yeah I liked the game too when I trialed it ~1 month ago.

But two things killed it for me:

1st: Community, or lack thereof. Saw exactly 3 other Players , all of which stood apparently AFK in Town.

2nd: Performance. I guess something in my PC wasn't compatible with Auto assault, but even if I ran it on 1024, with ALL Details on Low, no Fog, no Shadows, no Effects, NOTHING, it rarely had more than 22 FPS...and that's if I only drove around, without any enemies near and nothing.

But yeah, I loved the concept and mechanics of the Game, one of those Games who need an inofficial sequel, with the same direction, but vastly increased Player numbers
    if it went ftp i'd play it,i'd even buy expansion packs if they came out.  Wouldnt pay a monthly fee for it though.
    I'm sure I speak for many when I say..

WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR COMMENTS FROM BETA.

HAve you played this game recently?

What was your experience of it if so.

Joining in with the 2 million other 'mehs' who post here about how this game was crap in Beta achieves what exactly?

I ask this as it seems you thnk you have liscence to put a game down because you played the beta but actually have no idea as to how this game is RIGHT NOW.

THIS IS NOT NEWS.

By all means, do continue to repeat yourselves and don't try out the game.

MAchines that can play WoW or other non cpu straining games WILL have trouble playing this game.

Its one of the reasons a lot are put off by it as it may require you to upgrade your machine to play it.

This game has substance to it that a lot of others lack.

IF you are after cheap, easy to run pretty graphics, go play something else.

Goin f2p isn't going to solve anything.

The game has some issues as do most MMO's when they first come out.

Its only been a YEAR since this was released.

First these need to be resolved, then the numbers will increase.

DOing it the other way around just means more griefers doing nothing but griefing.

And those who claim they only saw a few players on when they tried this out recently obviously didn't try out all factions or

didn't play it enough. As stated above, it varies depending on the time you play.

DOn't expect to see hundreds of players running around. Everyone knows this game is underpopulated.

But DO expect a very unique game and a very helpful dedicated community that isn't overrun by little kids.

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• SnipehunterSnipehunter Member UncommonPosts: 29

Well, I've been playing since the very first f&f tests and I gotta admit...

I liked it better then, than I do now.  Don't get me wrong, I love the game for it's "jump in and get going with no downtime" and "fight like no other mmo before" aspects, but ever since...  I dunno, maybe January of last year, it's just started this slow long descent into this "grinding and PVP is all, character, world and lore are nothing" mentality that is patently unacceptable to me.

Originally posted by HeLL_SNX

I'm sure I speak for many when I say..

WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR COMMENTS FROM BETA.

HAve you played this game recently?

What was your experience of it if so.

Joining in with the 2 million other 'mehs' who post here about how this game was crap in Beta achieves what exactly?

I ask this as it seems you thnk you have liscence to put a game down because you played the beta but actually have no idea as to how this game is RIGHT NOW.

THIS IS NOT NEWS.

By all means, do continue to repeat yourselves and don't try out the game.

MAchines that can play WoW or other non cpu straining games WILL have trouble playing this game.

Its one of the reasons a lot are put off by it as it may require you to upgrade your machine to play it.

This game has substance to it that a lot of others lack.

IF you are after cheap, easy to run pretty graphics, go play something else.

Goin f2p isn't going to solve anything.

The game has some issues as do most MMO's when they first come out.

Its only been a YEAR since this was released.

First these need to be resolved, then the numbers will increase.

DOing it the other way around just means more griefers doing nothing but griefing.

And those who claim they only saw a few players on when they tried this out recently obviously didn't try out all factions or

didn't play it enough. As stated above, it varies depending on the time you play.

DOn't expect to see hundreds of players running around. Everyone knows this game is underpopulated.

But DO expect a very unique game and a very helpful dedicated community that isn't overrun by little kids.

My machines fine thanks.

there werent many people playing on all 3 of the factions,and yes I did try all 3.

Ive played since beta.in fact i still have my trial running as of now.

blowing your top because everyone doesnt come in saying the game smells of roses isnt going to achieve much.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by iffymack
    Ive just downloaded the trial,and while theres nothing wrong with the game,there seems to be about 7 other people playing.

I played from the beta before pre-order, all through pre-order and into the first month. I didn't continue my subscription because there was never anyone playing, and there were some pretty irritating bugs. This game was a total blast, though.

EDIT: It also seemed like NCSoft was more concerned with PvP balance than bug-fixing, despite the fact that PvP was such a small part of the game at the time.

there werent many people playing on all 3 of the factions,and yes I did try all 3. Ive played since beta.in fact i still have my trial running as of now. blowing your top because everyone doesnt come in saying the game smells of roses isnt going to achieve much.

Thing is the term 'weren't many' isn't very descriptive. IS that 100? 50?

Also there is no real way of knowing what the games population actually is at any given time even if you logged into each faction and did a headcount.

USing the ingame /who * function can only show upto 52 live player names even if there are more.

I wouldn't call that blowing my top.

If you care to check out each and every one of the topics, you will find some pointless post in almost each one stating that the game was doomed since beta.

This being an MMORPG forum, sure there are always going to be the fanbois and the elitist gamers who think they are the tish 'cos they played a game in beta.

JUst as likely, there will be players who are trying to raise support by submitting facts and update notes for their underpopulated games and having to constantly put up with 'doomed from Beta' type posts gets a bit irritating after a while especially as the majority of these posters havn't even played the game since Beta.

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?

whats the population like at higher levels? id actually like to play this for a while,but not if its a ghost town. and are there any classes i should really avoid like the plague for both pvp/pve? im playing as a biomek terminator at the moment,but wouldnt mind playing a offensive healer or pet class. i saw someone driving around with these 2 little robotic things following,cant remember the name of the class it was now though.

AT higher levels (level cap is 80) you will find the PvP playerbase.

Im playing from EU and tbh the majority of the playerbase is CST timezone.

SO I tend to find the PvP aspect comes alive after midnight (GMT) for me.

As for which classes are better to PvP with.

Thats an often asked question but the answer isn't so simple.

Every class has its role and endgame PvP is designed so that you need to be running around in a group (convoy) for the best possible results.

SOlo PvP was kind of nerfed as some classes had much more solo advantages than the rest and were kind of dominating the game.

It is still possible to run around solo with some classes (mainly stealthers=Agents/Bounty HUnters/Avengers) but you won't be able to take down several players and survive unlesss you are seriously well equipped and experienced. Even then its not really done anymore.

However no death penalty leaves no reason not to try. Just have fun however you want and when you get tired of getting 3 second ganked by a bunch of ruthless enemy players who are convoy specced and armed to the teeth you can quite easily find a group to team up with at the right times.

Joining a clan has its advantages here for better coordination of when there will be players on to group up with, and there are plenty of them in all factions.

BAck to which classes are least solo-friendly.

Well for the levellig upto 80 even the least PvP firendly classes do quite well.

Healers obviously are tuff to take down due to their self healing capabilities.

Stealthers can cloak and get some missions done very easily due to this.

Tankers can take a lot of damage and ram most stuff to a smoking wreck.

Pet Class (MAsterminds/Lieutenants/Archons) do quite well during levelling up with the bots (max 8 spawned at a time depending on level) doing most of the work.

BUT they are more of a buff class intended to give other convoy members buffage during PvP and are kind of between a Healer and an Agent (heals but squishy).

They have heals, pets, can ressurrect, some damage skills but don't really specialise in anything other than pets.

This is a bit of a sore point currently as those who have levelled up this class are having a tougher time than most during PvP.

Very squishy with pets that are even squishier when faced with level 80 PvP'ers.

They need to stay to the rear of the group and buff/heal/rez the damage classes of the group.

This class hopefully is going to get a few tweaks soon to make the pets a bit more able to take some damage.

Thats their role really in PvP.

If offensive healer is your thing, I'd go with a Shaman (Mutant Healer class).

They seem to be the best offense capable of the healers.

Hope this helps.

Cya in the wastelands!

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?

• well the games dead now so theres no more use in giving it a try

• SnipehunterSnipehunter Member UncommonPosts: 29

Originally posted by xsarkaix

well the games dead now so theres no more use in giving it a try
    Unless you haven't yet and just want to see what it had to offer - You can get a copy of the game for less than the cost of a happy meal and most places and after that you'll play free until the end of the game.

(which by the way, I recommend if you haven't seen it.  With no monthly fee for 2 months and a box cost of around $5, you won't really find a better value in a PC diversion)

• EvilxBunny20EvilxBunny20 Member Posts: 65

yea, the games dead. The servers were shutdown.

The 'server' & game is still running till the end of August in fact for anyone interested in seeing what the fuss was all about before the game goes offline.

As stated in another post, you could get a gamebox dirt cheap and just try it out..but don't expect to actually see many players at this point in time.

Most have gone elsewhere.

RIP

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374
    Originally posted by sekrog

Stop bashing Wow please, apparently AA died due to bad coding, and worst performance issue ever. Not to mention its dull and gameplay is fun only after 4 hours of gameplay. Dont compare quality mmo with this AA garbage, in fact i wasnt suprised at all that it would eventually die.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

I will be joining you all on the first of August until the moment she goes under. See you then.