Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Xiah: Find the GM Event

SzarkSzark News ManagerAnna Regina, NSPosts: 4,420Member

Xiah has announced that they will be holding and in-game event titled "Find the GM". The concept is simple, first player to find the GM and open a trade window will receive a reward.

San Jose, CA June 1st, 2007 - Xiah announced today that it will be hosting the in-game event, "Find the GM".

The GameMaster (GM) will be in the game every day from 2:00pm-3:00pm PST. The first player to find the GM and open a trade window with the GM will win a prize.

Everybody is allowed to participate in this event. Everyday the GM will come online to a random server. He will announce his appearance on a specific map. After his announcement you will have 5 minutes to get to that map and find him.

Find the GM here.

Comments

• Ammon777Ammon777 Boredom City, MTPosts: 308Member
    Find the GM?

lol?
  • chriswsmchriswsm Weston-super-MarePosts: 389Member
    I remember playing that in UO many years ago.  However I dont think it ws a sponsored event and it was rather difficult at most times

I used to visit this site a lot however in recent years it has become the home of negative forum posts, illogical opinions and tantrums so I visit less often.

Played or Beta'd: UO / DAOC / Horizons / EQ2 / DDO / EVE / Archlord / PirateKingsOnline / Tabula Rasa / LOTRO / AOC / Champions / Darkfall / Mortal Online / DCUO / Rift / STO / SWTOR / TSW

• esarphieesarphie West Linn, ORPosts: 73Member

It's so sad what passes for news these days. 

Back through the '90s I worked as gamemaster on Legends_of_Future_Past - where the gm staff scripted and ran events virtually every night.  I probably pu an average oft 8-10 hours of programming in for a 2-3 hour event, twice a week for several years.  Events ranged from storytelling evenings where NPCs would provide history or information relevant to upcoming serialized stories, to what equate to instanced quests in todays games.

Nowadays it seems most games consider GMs nothing more than customer service reps, and usually fairly powerless ones, at that. Even so, I've never understood why instanced events could not be utilized more frequently than the one at Christmas, one at Valentines Day model that has become the norm.

It seems sad to me that a gm sitting somewhere and waiting to be talked to is considered a) an "event", and b) worth reporting here.

• csthaocsthao Saint Paul, MNPosts: 1,111Member
    Originally posted by Szark

Xiah has announced that they will be holding and in-game event titled "Find the GM". The concept is simple, first player to find the GM and open a trade window will receive a reward.

San Jose, CA June 1st, 2007 - Xiah announced today that it will be hosting the in-game event, "Find the GM".
    The GameMaster (GM) will be in the game every day from 2:00pm-3:00pm PST. The first player to find the GM and open a trade window with the GM will win a prize.
    Everybody is allowed to participate in this event. Everyday the GM will come online to a random server. He will announce his appearance on a specific map. After his announcement you will have 5 minutes to get to that map and find him.

Find the GM here.

it sounds kinda funny, the GM stays online for 1 hour but you have 5 minutes to find him?...doesnt make any sense...