Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DOUBLE XP week-end (CITY OF VILLAINS)

AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

On June 15-17, we get double the XP!

I guess it will be time to level up my stoner finally! 

PS: Can a mod transfer that thread to CoV forums?  Or CoH if you prefer.  I hit NEW TOPIC from reading a CoV-related message...I find myself posting in the general section instead...kinda weird.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Comments

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860
    took my toon from like level 15 to level 34 over one of those weekends yeah would be a good time for new folk to sign up
  • DruNk_DwArF2DruNk_DwArF2 Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Just in time,i just signed back up last week and i can't wait to do some hardcore leveling! (BTW Am loving CoV/CoH) as i once did back then,Hope all of you have fun leveling on those dates..! Good luck

MMORPG's Under my belt:UO,EQ1,EQ2,SWG,L2,COH,COV,WoW,AC2,Shadowbane,DAOC,FFXI,GW,D&D,V:SOH,LOTR:O

• AmarsirAmarsir Member UncommonPosts: 703

If history is any guide, this will likely result in more people online and less good teaming.

These events tend to attract (no offense to anyone here) idiots who don't know how to play. They're thrilled at the fact that they're getting "double xp" and yet oblivious to the fact that they play at 1/5th the rate of a smart team.

I need to get prepared for:

• Teams with Tanks, Masterminds, Brutes, Scrappers, Controllers, and Dominators - none of whom can fathom ever being the first one into combat. They all stand around 2 minutes between each spawn waiting for someone else to do something.
    • Players with no Stamina who "put 3 SOs in Rest so I can use it after every fight."
    • Teams with spreads that can't possibly be fixed by Lackeying.
    • Leaders who have no idea what mission they want to do next until 5 minutes after the previous one has finished.
    • That mission will be as far away as possible. For example, I expect missions in Nerva, then Siren's Call, then Mercy Island, then Nerva again.
    • At least half of these missions will belong to the lowest member. And will be 3 levels old at that.
    • The other half will belong to the person 3 levels higher than the rest of the team - who was "invited to LK the lvl 9". He will be set on Relentless.
    • (By the way, that level 9 will say "oh I'd rather go without Lackey - better xp. 20 minutes later they'll realize they've been getting none at all. This - and not the desire to help - will cause them to finally accept the lackey offer.
    • When faced with these enemies 5 levels above the team average, it will of course be decided that the corruptor / defender pulls. They will successfully pull one minion. It will take 8 minutes and 3 deaths to kill that minion.
    • When said minion goes down, half the team will say "good xp!"
    • On the next pull, 2 minions will come and the team will wipe.
    • Half the team will quit, then go join another team and do the exact same thing.

So I'm going to be either soloing a lot, or leading teams, banging my head, and answering "hey, why did you kick me?" tells.

Still ... cool, double xp!

Currently playing:
    DC Universe
    Planetside 2
    Magic Online
    Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.