Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maybe I've gotten too Jaded

ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

I have played MMOG"S since UO start up.I left a game I had played on and off for almost 5 years(DAOC).I have tried to find another game to have fun in the evenings and just cannot connect.I'm sure many of you have gone through the same thing.I guess it's just time to step away for a while and not try to find an intrim game, until POTBS or AOC  are actually available..

Comments

• gpettgpett Member Posts: 1,105
    Agreed, do not purchase mediocre games.  It just encourages other publishers to release more mediocre games.
  • hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

I agree. I'm also about ready to give up on MMOs completely. Every game now seems filled with jerks and farmers. Yes, plenty of nice friendly folks too, but one jerk or farmer can kill whatever good vibe you had going from a dozen nice folks. And the problem people aren't all 12 either... seems to me from hearing them talk most of them are closer to my (old) age than 12.

• Originally posted by Arawon

I have played MMOG"S since UO start up.I left a game I had played on and off for almost 5 years(DAOC).I have tried to find another game to have fun in the evenings and just cannot connect.I'm sure many of you have gone through the same thing.I guess it's just time to step away for a while and not try to find an intrim game, until POTBS or AOC  are actually available..
    I made that decision a couple years ago...now I just play the free ones; no fuss, no muss, no investment, but I still get to play a MMOG!

To me though, AoC and PotBS are interim games while the MMOGs that are being developed and slated for A 2010-2012 release are the ones I'm looking forward to.

Either way it's FREE to play for me from here on out...at least until a very high quality MMOG comes to market.
  • GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268
    Taking a braking is always good.  Now is a great time to take a break unless you really like the Tolkien universe, I think LOTRO is a great game, but not if your feeling burnt out on MMOs.

After 6 years of MUD and MMO playing I finally picked up a First Person Shooter, Battlefield 2142 and had a hell of a good time.  There is also some fine single player RPGs out there like Jade Empire.  I'm also tempted to get a system just for guitar hero. 
  • SupernerdSupernerd Member Posts: 342
    This is what i do.

From the released games listed here start at the top and work your way down.

Subscribe to as many as you can possibly afford.

If you beat one or get too bored at one just move to a diff one and go back later when you get an urge or it has added content.

works great for me.
  • Tahoe9Tahoe9 Member Posts: 1
    I think sometimes the hardest thing for hard core gamers to realize is that the only real benefit of playing a MMORPG is entertainment. Seems obvious, but we become intensely involved in the games we like, and they seem to take on more than just "entertainment" status. So when you leave, due to the inevitable boredom of pushing the same keys and getting the expected results, or having all the other players your really enjoyed playing with leave, which changes the neighborhood, one can seem a little lost.
    You aren't jaded, you are just waiting for the next really new exciting thing to come along, that doesn't seem like what you have done for 5 years. We all look for new forms of entertainment.
    Go out, have some fun, come back later.... the good news is there are many more games coming, one will grab your interest when it seems "new" again, or if it just gives you enough entertainment.