Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kick A##!!

BeorenBeoren Member Posts: 1
That is what this game used to be.  Ive seen people say its dieing or already dead.  This could be the case, but id SOE would put a little effort into it  this game could be a great.  Back at launch the storyline and GM events were amazing. 

I left long ago because alot of my guild left. I am now looking to come back.

When i tell my experiences to my current non MXO guild they love it.  And if other people knew what it can be, they would come running too. 

I think people thought it was going to be another "movie" game sent to get fanboy's/girls money.

I say SHUT IT DOWN!   for 6 months revamp it and Rerelease and actually try and sell it SOE.  instead of moping around.

Comments

• ArchendrusXArchendrusX Member UncommonPosts: 46
    That's an idea...doubt it'll happen though.  As someone else put it "SOE is the nursing home for MMO's"  I think it's time for MxO to sink or swim.  Personally, I'd like to see it swim
  • SeanDavisSeanDavis Member Posts: 412
    Um, there are 20 SOE bigwigs, 10 are gathering money from EQ2, 5 from SWG, 4 oversee their new projects, and ONE IS READING THIS.

Wow thanks OP, now everything's gonna change.  
  • Mr.WizardMr.Wizard Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Originally posted by Beoren

That is what this game used to be.  Ive seen people say its dieing or already dead.  This could be the case, but id SOE would put a little effort into it  this game could be a great.  Back at launch the storyline and GM events were amazing. 

When i tell my experiences to my current non MXO guild they love it.  And if other people knew what it can be, they would come running too. 

I think people thought it was going to be another "movie" game sent to get fanboy's/girls money.

I say SHUT IT DOWN!   for 6 months revamp it and Rerelease and actually try and sell it SOE.  instead of moping around.

revamp? SOE is very good at revamping games so that shouldn't be a problem. Only thing would be...

will you like it after?

• Wr3ckedWr3cked Member Posts: 10
    It's a great idea, and I hate to see potential wasted, but revamping it won't happen I don't think. What I think they should do is very simple. Release the client as a free download like all the successful MMO's do at the moment, then all people have to do is pay the sub fee and away they go! Currently you have to buy it from Direct 2 Drive if you want to download it, which is what I think is killing the game :( That and no free trials.

DAMMIT SOE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS GAME, IT HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!

There, that made me feel better, not that it'll do anything...

----------------------------------------------
    Never have so many owed so much to so few - Sir Winston Churchill

It's Nice to be Important, but it's Important to be Nice

• freiheitfreiheit Member Posts: 264
    Originally posted by Beoren

They've been "moping around" for years and never really intended MXO to be SOE's flagship. It was part of a package, in a certain respect, they got stuck with it. The 1999 Civic SI was a nice car but Honda isn't going to take the same model, put some new paint on it, and re-advertise it. They'll make something new.
  • MorrdakMorrdak Member Posts: 81

I remember reading somewhere that the MXO SOE Dev team is the same size as the current SWG team. Which is 10 people. So the idea of it making a come back isn't high. SOE didn't really do much with this game which is a shame cause if the story line kept going and the Dev's added more content with meaningful PVP it could have been an awesome game.

• SeanDavisSeanDavis Member Posts: 412

cause if the story line kept going 

But we all know this isn't the case, so why dwell in fantasies?

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Matrix is not the right IP to spend money on for SOE. The market isn't there. MxO missed its opportunity.

so...

• KusyaKusya Member Posts: 29

zomg free client SOE!11one it will bring more poeplezz!!!1

that always make me smile. no free download because

1- servers to offer unlimited downloads for a 4gb download costs money, and a lot of it.

2- Mxo is AT BEST breaking even.

3- Planetside has a free download because planetside makes more $.

4- The game is planned for shutdown soon.

5-  And yes it is only for fanbois, there are just enough to keep it afloat.

6- Read my lips again, SOE sees mxo as hopeless and a money sink. They are not going to spend money on it, no matter how rich they are. Seriously have a reality check.

The concept of the game itself is great. The problem is the game was so badly designed, it would need a new engine and huge development costs. The current devs in mxo would not touch the code with a barge pole, they just do a modding job and with no testing team, just cross their fingers that all goes well and it usually doesn't - just recently 3 days worth of gaming has been reverted.

Now SOE bought mxo for the WB license. Before they even took over they had this budget planned for DC online, not reviving mxo. And good luck to anybody trying to present a case to revive the dead horse.

90% of players do not stay after trying it, who would  after doing the same missions over and over or sitting at the hardline wondering what to do? If you enjoy Live Events and Storyline - since it is the main argument  of the fanbois- you can enjoy it for free in the Live event forums. Because chances you stumble into one are slim to none and they are dull and repetitive.

• ArchendrusXArchendrusX Member UncommonPosts: 46

Live events and stoyline....yup, that's what keeps me around.  I guess I am sort of a fanboi.  But I think I'm gettin' ready to leave soon.  I'm kinda attatched, it's like an old car, lol.  But even old cars become a pain in the ass after awhile..'specially when they're not maintained.  Oh well, was good fun while it lasted.