Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions I need help with PLZ PLZ

RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

A few months back i tried the free trial for this game. I played a human LT (i think). I personaly loved the game but i simply didnt get into it cuz i was playing EVE with friends. At this point ive decided i want to give it a more thorughout try but before that id like to know a few things:

Are there any people available for grouping? (or do you have to solo most of it)

Hows the balance between all 3 factions? (populations etc)

Is the lv grind steep or not? (from the trial i personally didnt feel like iwas in a grind but rather having lots of fun, but i dont know about higher lvs)

What is the end game? (i NEED to have a reason to lv, and arena pvp isnt one of them)

Hows the crafting in this game? (i didnt get into it since i was in a trial but it is a crucial part of the game or no?)

Are there clans/allainces who recruit noobs? (i dont care about free gear etc...just like to chat with clan mates etc, its one of the reason i play MMOs to begin w)

Thats pretty much it, if some of you gusy could plz answer some of these for me id highly appreciate it, a simple response would do but if you have the time to go indepth by all means do.

Comments

• nsecrestnsecrest Member Posts: 1
    Good questions (as in I wondered the same).  LOL

Lurking and watching  for responses

• 0over00over0 Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Originally posted by Rehmes

A few months back i tried the free trial for this game. I played a human LT (i think). I personaly loved the game but i simply didnt get into it cuz i was playing EVE with friends. At this point ive decided i want to give it a more thorughout try but before that id like to know a few things:
    Are there any people available for grouping? (or do you have to solo most of it)
    I haven't played for about 6 months or so and only played for about 2 months total (though I was in the beta, too), but I don't think it's changed a whole lot in that time. I easily soloed my way to 62 or so. At that point, the quests give out and it's a slow, painful grind to 80.
    However, there were quite a few people around to group with if I were of a mind to do so--many people work on alts. But, depending on when you play, of course, there will no doubt be dead periods or even dead levels in which there are not a lot of people around.
    Hows the balance between all 3 factions? (populations etc)
    I played a mutant, which was at the time the least populated faction. Mechs were second least, and humans were the most populated. The Devs were still trying to get the balance right, so it may have changed some since then.
    Each faction has different styles of play (from what I could tell--I had characters of all 3 factions, but didn't get far with the nonmutants). They all have their own starting areas and beginning quests.
    Is the lv grind steep or not? (from the trial i personally didnt feel like iwas in a grind but rather having lots of fun, but i dont know about higher lvs)
    I thought leveling was quite easy up to the low sixties. At that point, there's not much to kill for xp and there are no quests anymore (by the way, there are some excellent story quests--at least for mutants--in the game) so you end up killing the same stuff over and over. Also, at that point, the xp curve takes a rather marked rise and the amount you're faced with getting through is pretty steep.
    Of course, if you're in a guild, they will help you through it and it won't be as bad. There are ways to work with other players that can get you through it quickly, from what I read and was told.
    What is the end game? (i NEED to have a reason to lv, and arena pvp isnt one of them)
    If you're not crafting, the end-game is PvP--and is sort of an enormous arena PvP. There's one big PvP zone (that's why it feels like a massive arena) where all the high-end content is. That area is open PvP (there's an instance of it that's non PvP for people hitting their 60s who have to do quests there so they don't get ganked) with base capture. It's quite active for PvP from what I could see.
    Hows the crafting in this game? (i didnt get into it since i was in a trial but it is a crucial part of the game or no?)
    Crafting can be fun but frustrating. They have an auction house now which sould make things much better. Previously, my crafting would get halted because of a lack of materials that I'd have to go back to low-level zones for and they were random drops from shooting buildings--very tedious to get them, in other words. With the auction house, it should be much better.
    High-end crafters can make a huge difference in your vehicle, so they are very much appreciated. And the crafting itself is rather complicated and fun. There are not a lot of max-skill crafters (in large part because of the difficulty in obtaining the high-end materials).
    Are there clans/allainces who recruit noobs? (i dont care about free gear etc...just like to chat with clan mates etc, its one of the reason i play MMOs to begin w)
    Though I wasn't interested, there seemed to be quite a few guilds recruiting all the time. When you go to the game forums, there's a section for it and it didn't seem hard to find a group if you wanted one.
    Thats pretty much it, if some of you gusy could plz answer some of these for me id highly appreciate it, a simple response would do but if you have the time to go indepth by all means do.
     Enjoy and good luck!

Apply lemon juice and candle flame here to reveal secret message.

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600
    Wow  thx for that reply man. I appreciate it. Anyone else has somethign to add?
  • 0over00over0 Member UncommonPosts: 488
    You should message hell_snx, he's the most ardent supporter of AA here and he's very knowledgeable about the game.

Apply lemon juice and candle flame here to reveal secret message.

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600
    Will do thx thx