Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I come back?

dhaevndhaevn Member Posts: 28
I love the Matrix. I have fond memories of the game. However, is it worth my time? Will I find myself standing around wondering what to do next? Or will it actually be fun?

Comments

• Wr3ckedWr3cked Member Posts: 10
    I have been having EXACTLY the same debate with myself recently; I do love the game and the films, I find myself remeniscing (sp?) of my time spent in MxO, but then I find myself remembering why I left. Then I htink, what's the community like now? Is there anymore content? Are the servers more full?

Please let us know because I am very interested in coming back, but I need to know some things first.

----------------------------------------------
    Never have so many owed so much to so few - Sir Winston Churchill

It's Nice to be Important, but it's Important to be Nice

• freiheitfreiheit Member Posts: 264
    Originally posted by Wr3cked

I have been having EXACTLY the same debate with myself recently; I do love the game and the films, I find myself remeniscing (sp?) of my time spent in MxO, but then I find myself remembering why I left. Then I htink, what's the community like now? Is there anymore content? Are the servers more full?

Please let us know because I am very interested in coming back, but I need to know some things first.

In nother thread you said there were just a few less people (which is, as we both know, wrong) then wwhy woul you "wonder" that here? What's the community like now, small and bored, more content sure a few hours worth, servers *more full....LOLOLOLOLOL
  • NeopsychNeopsych Member UncommonPosts: 324
    In short, and unfortunatly, the answer would be No. The game was a great concept with potential for a truly unique experience - should have built on the cyber punk opportunity in my view ala Neocron. However, the potential was never realised and its a game that lingers rather than develops. Sad, but there are better games to devote your time to.

To err is human....to play is divine

• SkyJackalSkyJackal Member Posts: 390

I would give you my opinion of yes, give it a shot just to see for yourself but no doubt i'd get flamed to buggery for it. Yay MMORPG forums! ¬.¬

But seriously, find out for yourself (theres a trial coming up if you're not one for money spending risks, heh) rather than ask for advice on a ruined forum.

• Wr3ckedWr3cked Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by freiheit

I have been having EXACTLY the same debate with myself recently; I do love the game and the films, I find myself remeniscing (sp?) of my time spent in MxO, but then I find myself remembering why I left. Then I think, what's the community like now? Is there anymore content? Are the servers more full?

In nother thread you said there were just a few less people (which is, as we both know, wrong) then wwhy woul you "wonder" that here? What's the community like now, small and bored, more content sure a few hours worth, servers *more full....LOLOLOLOLOL

However I did state that that was from my last time of play roughly 3 months ago.  Plus, I knew you'd post in this thread, master troller you are, and frankly I have been ready and set to disregard all your rubbish. For some reason you are obviously bitter about the game and towards the community, my guess is you where one of those childish players that goes by "red = dead" or something pathetic and immature, my reason for this conclusion? simple, you're acting the very same way on these forums, you lay down pathetic, mis-informed, mis-judged opinions formed from the last time you played (which, let's face it, was probably a year or so ago). So go find some other forum to troll instead of whinging and whining about a game. I can read constructive criticism and informative opinions that tell me helpful things about the game, but all you do is repeat the same old crap in every post.

In short, go away.

SkyJackal, you have my full permission to show the MxO boards this thread to expose another annoying child to them if you so wish, if only I could post on there.....

----------------------------------------------
    Never have so many owed so much to so few - Sir Winston Churchill

It's Nice to be Important, but it's Important to be Nice

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650
    I have just recently returned myself, and I gotta say.

All these negative assholes on this board, have NO idea what they are talking about.

I see alot of people at almost ever hardline, events ALL over and pvp has gotten much better.

Do yourself a favor and cmon back :D

I have been having EXACTLY the same debate with myself recently; I do love the game and the films, I find myself remeniscing (sp?) of my time spent in MxO, but then I find myself remembering why I left. Then I think, what's the community like now? Is there anymore content? Are the servers more full?

However I did state that that was from my last time of play roughly 3 months ago.  Plus, I knew you'd post in this thread, master troller you are, and frankly I have been ready and set to disregard all your rubbish. For some reason you are obviously bitter about the game and towards the community, my guess is you where one of those childish players that goes by "red = dead" or something pathetic and immature, my reason for this conclusion? simple, you're acting the very same way on these forums, you lay down pathetic, mis-informed, mis-judged opinions formed from the last time you played (which, let's face it, was probably a year or so ago). So go find some other forum to troll instead of whinging and whining about a game. I can read constructive criticism and informative opinions that tell me helpful things about the game, but all you do is repeat the same old crap in every post.

In short, go away.

SkyJackal, you have my full permission to show the MxO boards this thread to expose another annoying child to them if you so wish, if only I could post on there.....

So you don't have anything to back up your claim aside form incorrect attacks on me? Please guys, quit it with the MXO advertising here.
  • KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520

In short, go away.

Freiheit is actually an icon of the MxO community and the only server that matters: Vector. If we had more players like him in MxO the official forums would be much more entertaining.
  • LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994
    Originally posted by Amarao

All these negative assholes on this board, have NO idea what they are talking about.

I see alot of people at almost ever hardline, events ALL over and pvp has gotten much better.

Well this "negative asshole" just resubscribed about a month ago and saw the exact same opposite.  I saw one person in the starting area and then not again until I got to Mara Central (I think thats the main "hangout").  The game is empty and it seemed that unless you are great friends with the remaining community, they will treat you like crap.
    Originally posted by Krytycal

In short, go away.

Freiheit is actually an icon of the MxO community and the only server that matters: Vector. If we had more players like him in MxO the official forums would be much more entertaining.

Thanks man, my PC crapped out not too long ago so I haven't been in MXO for a bit. I have a Mac now which can't play MXO w/o bootcamp but I'll be getting that for Warrhamer Online so I'll stop back in if everything is up and running. Last time I was in I couldn't find anyone, I was logged in for a few hours with no gear or abilites went to Mara C and there was only like 3 people there. Eventually I ran into Mag/Psyc who showed me all the new stuff in about 2 hours. :/

Vector seems to be lost to Roleplaying Carebears. It's a shame.

They should make MXO free. It would bring back some old school players for some pvp at least. They could get rid of the carebear servers to cover the costs, I mean, who would play a Matrix based game on a PVE server...

Sean, maybe you can help. Ask him to explain how pvp is better and tell us more about these events that are "all over."

Let’s see if you prosecute that load of BS vigorously. As for a lot of people at every hardline, LOL!

• SeanDavisSeanDavis Member Posts: 412

Sean, maybe you can help. Ask him to explain how pvp is better and tell us more about these events that are "all over."

Let’s see if you prosecute that load of BS vigorously. As for a lot of people at every hardline, LOL!

Last time I mentioned your name in a conversation with someone else (and the few times before), you cried, accused me of harassing and flaming you, and threatened to report me for trolling.

Not that you doing the same crap were a big deal to me, but it's a rather pathetic double standard you have there.

I don't know what's your problem. If he says he saw lots of people at hardlines, or partook in many events, then apparently it was his experience. What else do you want to hear? It's obvious that he was lucky, though.

I don't know what he means by pvp having become better, I've never been interested in or known much about it, and don't know if he means the people or the system.

This guy recently made a thread here asking for information, if you're think he's some hardcore advertiser, you're really paranoid. Anyway, I don't share the opinion that you're an icon of the community, I found you annoying and dumb on DN1, and was glad you were banned from the forums.

I haven't followed the game for six weeks anyway, partially due to a schooltrip. Leave me alone.