Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Struggling

SteakpuncherSteakpuncher Member Posts: 255
Ill start this thread by saying that my intrest in Autoassault began way back when the development of the game was first announced. I got myself a pre-order box here in the UK and got into beta on the 3rd wave. I enjoyed the game but was on a really poor computer at the time so eventually I dropped out of beta after I realised that I was never going to enjoy the game when I spent 3-5 minutes loading each map with everything turned down. I got myself some slight improvements to my system for release, the game ran OK, but not great. After about a month I decided to pull out until I got a full system overhaul, and that didnt until very recently.

Im not back in the central wastes, by characters lost because I didnt know about the transfers/mergers/etc (although this isnt an issue). My problem with AA is that  I want to enjoy it, and I know I should be enjoying it as ive been waiting all this time so I could play it how I wanted. However for some reason, I just cant bring myself to enjoy it.

It looks great, it sounds great, it plays awesome everything is how I wanted it to be. But I log on and I just kinda do 2/3 missions and I log off feeling unfulfilled. I don't know whats gone wrong or what I need to do, so I thought maybe a few people on here can help me out.

Im currently playing a Biomek agent. All my previous characters in beta/trial/etc have been agents so maybe that contributes.

Im also entirely unsure about what class I should play, my decision is usually based on what will help others most, or the class thats least played. I enjoy being the guy who can make a difference and the actual playstyle of the class is little relevance to me.

So any hints, tips and tricks on how to get the most out of the game would be awesome. I should be enjoying it, but for some reason im not.

Comments

• sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261
    Interesting post Atomicide, and a perplexing dilemma.

My advice is simple.  Get a hold of someone in the SONIX clan, HeLL seems to be most accessible and active on this forum.  This group is UK/EU based and probably would be your best resource for help.

The game is certainly improving, and the populations are steadily increasing as well.  A new Update is on the horizon (U5) and it is said to include some exciting new content as well as some important fixes.

I hope you get that "feeling" back for AA...I know I've had a great time since starting back at the beginning of March.

Good Luck!

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239
    I think I understand your dilemma Atomicide. I get the same thing.

BAsically, if you have already levelled up an Agent before, and now you are doing it again , it can get you down.

Especially if you remember all the missions from before and it just feels like you have to grind your way through them.

I have an Agent at 80, and several MEk alts(levels range from 2 to 22), and I have problems levelling my alts simply because I have already done the Mek missions.

The problem I think is redoing the missions solo. Its easier if theres someone you are levelling with, its less boring.

SO joining a clan at these times can keep your spirits up and you can chat about what you can achieve when you hit 80 whilst levelling etc.

ANyway, give us a shout here, AA forums, ingame or on SONIX forums if you are interested in joining.

We are looking for active competitive players to help bring the pain to the HUmans and MUties!

Cya in the wastelands!

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• SteakpuncherSteakpuncher Member Posts: 255
    Well ive got myself stuck in an endless cycle of looking at the character creation screen, making something and logging in and out because I honestly cant decide. I might just drop the game for a week or so and come back with a renewed attitude. My previous character was a Bounty Hunter that I got to 28, and thats the highest I've been overall in the game.

I think Ill take the break and hopefully it'll give me the clear mind I need to decide what to do. Thanks for your input guys.