Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I thought I would take the opportunity to say...

StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

To all of you who said a year and a half ago that Turbine would make a terrible game and that they couldn't produce a quality product:

I freakin' told you so.

Just thought I would, yet again, prove that there is absolutely no reason to judge a game a year before release until it is actually installed on your hard drive and experienced.

Cheers to Turbine on a wonderful game. No cheers to the WoW kiddies who can't get past the fact that there's another game out there just as good, if not better.

Comments

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    Originally posted by Stellus

To all of you who said a year and a half ago that Turbine would make a terrible game and that they couldn't produce a quality product:
    I freakin' told you so.
    Just thought I would, yet again, prove that there is absolutely no reason to judge a game a year before release until it is actually installed on your hard drive and experienced.
    Cheers to Turbine on a wonderful game. No cheers to the WoW kiddies who can't get past the fact that there's another game out there just as good, if not better.
    This guy is not indicative of our community btw.  Gloating is very unbecoming.  One reason is because you make the assumption that only "WoW kiddies" were saying the game may not be good.  I don't like WoW and I said it because of my history of D&D:O which Turbine fumbled badly.

I will, however, join in on the "Cheers to Turbine on a wonderful game" as I do feel they did a pretty good job.  Not great as there are a lot of things they are going to have to fix with the July update.  Even with that, I think the changes should be made sooner as they are pretty important but, whatever, they're coming.  I think people who don't like it now should give it a shot after the July update.  I think it's going to add a new facet to the game that maybe you will enjoy.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

Sorry, but I don't feel like you should be trying to demean me into a lesser person. I'm apart of the community whether you like it or not. I held my judgement back a year ago when following the game, while everyone was in an uproar that Turbine was given the license to LOTRO.

I'm not so much "gloating" as I am showing my happiness that this game was a success and that those who jumped the gun were doing just that.

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984
      The community is by and far some of the most intelligent gamers I've met in a long time. Not to mention some of the well versed about there gameworld. No doubt brang about because everyone reads the Lord of the Rings eventually. Last night a large group of dwarves were discussing the lack of female dwarves in the Kingdom of the Dwarves. It was amazing to see people just sitting there and talking, civilized and clearly. Not to say people In WoW didn't do that either. The lore behind World of Warcraft is VERY in depth.

Anywho I really love this game and its community! I love any game community where people invest a part of themselves into it
  • metalcoremetalcore Member Posts: 798

I freakin' told you so.

Sorry your saying WoW kids should grow up?

*stunned*

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
    Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve

• StanlyManlyStanlyManly Member Posts: 181

I freakin' told you so.
    And of course, this is totally poignant, seeing as how the game has been out only a few weeks.  Also, if there was a game out there that was just as good, if not better, than WoW, you wouldn't have to be trying to prove it in a forum post.

Equal opportunity troll.

• labg11labg11 Member Posts: 84

Cheers to turbine as well, and yes the community is somewhat amazing!.

I'm just glad to be playing something with a well fundamented history.

Namárië

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263
    The community is great. I love participating in a game that holds a good number of competent people. It still upsets me that people run up to their NPC contact, grab the quest, and mindlessly carry it out without even bothering to read any storyline behind it. I hate the grab-and-go's. Read the quests! They're fun!