Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is grouping and PvP?

LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
I just strarted playing the trial today..  I'm lvl 8 I think.

Does Grouping start? If so, when?

How is PvP? When does that start?

Comments

• mundus01mundus01 Member Posts: 100

I recommend playing human faction more people are on there then others. As far as pvp gos think its mostly A end game thing in the lvl 60 + range. I have had A account on and off since beta and have only grouped one time.    Good luck with the game its fun)

• sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261
    Welcome to the Wastelands Lustmord!

Grouping (aka. Convoys in this game) really doesn't get emphasized until levels 40+...and even then the PvE content can be run solo.  It was built precisely for the purpose of being solo friendly, rightly or wrongly, but that doesn't mean "you're on your own".

Guilds (aka. Clans in this game) are an excellent way to get help and begin making in-game friendships that will translate into killer PvP and PvE action in your later levels and in the end-game.

Although the first response to your OP accurately noted that Humans have the highest population, the BioMek and Mutants are probably more united and include some of the strongest Clans in the game. 

My opinion:  Play what ever faction and class floats your boat...but try them all.

Great to have you along for the ride!

P.S.  PvP is available to any driver starting at a very low level in the Arenas.  Problem is...much like CoX you'll have a tough time finding a match at the current moment.  Where PvP becomes a major part of the game is from levels 60+.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by sekrog

P.S.  PvP is available to any driver starting at a very low level in the Arenas.  Problem is...much like CoX you'll have a tough time finding a match at the current moment.  Where PvP becomes a major part of the game is from levels 60+.
    Does it become a major part of the game? And how?
    Yes its good advice to try all factions,to see what may float your boat. I enjoy mutants myself. i have just hit lvl 45 and starting to get missions that will send me throu the central wastes which I think is open pvp. I am not a very pvp person. from what clan tells me thats pretty much all they do in the end game. But not there myself yet.
  • MidavegMidaveg Member Posts: 296
    Originally posted by mundus01

I recommend playing human faction more people are on there then others. As far as pvp gos think its mostly A end game thing in the lvl 60 + range. I have had A account on and off since beta and have only grouped one time.    Good luck with the game its fun)
    Ignore this comment at all cost.

What you have in human faction

1. 35% were rude and mean players.

2. The price for crafting , Auction terminal were controlled by a number of greedy people and from a clan

3. Not many will help you unless you are lucky.

Human faction indeed have alot of people but the community is horrible.

Biomek have the very least people now and Mutant population picked up slowly now. Both of these faction have the best community. Most level 80 will help you once they finish their current task and even sponsor you fundings for your future needs. So choose wisely as the population is very unbalance now.

All canceled. Waiting on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning.

Originally posted by mundus01

Yes its good advice to try all factions,to see what may float your boat. I enjoy mutants myself. i have just hit lvl 45 and starting to get missions that will send me throu the central wastes which I think is open pvp. I am not a very pvp person. from what clan tells me thats pretty much all they do in the end game. But not there myself yet.
    I cant blame you for misreading the mission but the mission that is going to send you to is The Moat and Choppin' Maul. It is not a PVP area but a place that have certain restriction to the race. Ground Zero is where the open pvp is and with missions too.. and it have non pvp zone to go too.

Originally posted by Lustmord

Originally posted by sekrog

Does it become a major part of the game? And how? Good question. PvP starts in lvl 60 which is held in the central wasteland aka Ground Zero. It is a place filled with outposts and obelisk to capture for exp and tokens for uber gears.

Since you get tokens for killing and opposing faction players and capturing outpost, everyone prefer that than the arena. Also if you want to visit Ground Zero without the PvP, yes you can do that too. It have a non contested zone for PvE players or anyone who wanted to farm bosses without disturbance.

tip : When you get missions from Ground Zero.. DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT DO ANY MISSIONS THAT INVOLVES WITH TOKENS.

Thanks for the tips.

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

so is the pvp good at level 60+ guys? I get end game gear from it and everything? Will i have others to fight against this is sounding interesting.....

Also what is best server to roll on (if they have servers)?

• sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261
    All I have to say is...Just do it. You'll be pleasantly surprised. Oh, and when you do, roll a BioMek, they could really use your help.

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239

Only 1 server calld NEXUS.

As for the endgame PVP content.

A lot of it depends on your playtimes.

For me all I ever see is Mutants and HUmans swarming the endgame with the Biomek faction being the least populated and I play everyday so there are times when certain populations seem underpopulated.

But I too think the Biomeks are the least populated factions of the 3 and are in need of new killers on the frontlines.

If you try to solo PVP (as you can almost solo all the way to 80) then you will die a LOT.

You will need to farm for better weps and take advantage of all the attribute gadgets available to get your stats to a good level.

COncentrate on getting your Theory and COmbat to over 200. There are also skills which will help you get these attributes higher.

But just having good weps and attributes alone is not the key.

The best time you will have in PVP is with a good convoy. A FULLY BALANCED CONVOY is hard to beat regardless of your weps.

FUlly balanced = 1 of each class present.

Only then will you truly appreciate each classes skills and ability to boost each others defense, damage and resists.

Only certain classes can get away with PVP solo, and they usually have the experience to back them up.

IE, stealth classes can hit and run. You try to solo PVP a stealth class in a TAnk style and you will die.

TAnks and healers can last the longest usually but either will not last very long or be able to take down several in solo PVP.

Groups (convoys) are important. Although this is under-emphasized whilst you are leveling to 80.

It has been designed so anyone can log on and play for a few hours without needing to find a group to level up.

However the endgame is a different matter.

In the past the endgame was very solo friendly too, this was changed due to 'griefing' tactics used by many HUman players and the Bounty HUnter almost single handedly ruled Ground Zero.

My advice to you is to find a good clan (guild) (Humans = Bronze, Mutants = Hand Of Fate, KoU, Biomeks = SONIX, Death Dealers, TSL), get some decent advice on weps and get some crafted. Then go out into CGZ in a group and start getting tokens from battles and outposts and get the BM Melee wep as this will boost your COmbat attribute (+25).

If pvp ain't your thing tho, theres not much I can tell you as the endgame IS a PVP zone.

There is a duplicate NON PVP layer called UNCONTESTED where you can farn weps and bosses without the fear of being ganked.

This is what most do until they are decently equipped for PVP.

Good Luck and cya in the wastelands!

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."