Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Damage Dealers

NecrocellNecrocell Member Posts: 53

Black Mage is notoriously the highest damage dealer in the game, but what what comes after them, do dark knights do good damage, and what about blue mages i heard that they are starting to replace blms in partys, but i didnt believe it.

Can anyone help me?

Comments

• musflomusflo Member Posts: 6
    Well it depends in the situation but anything from THF,DRK,MNK,RNG,SAM,BLU, those are the highest damage dealers that come to mind right now,  I haven't tried BLU yet but I hear they aren't really needed in higher level (65+) situations. hope that helps
  • FreyFrey Member Posts: 87

I'd say RNG does the most damage overall in a party, even more so than BLM.

• Spriggan05Spriggan05 Member Posts: 63
    A very Well geared WAR can about out Damage anything melee wise, But thats the top of the range WARs not the average ones you seem to find on a day to day bases. Other then that a Good geared MNK, RNG or SAM can get high damage out put with the right sub / gear.

Current MMO: Nothing
    Waiting For: FireFall, GW2

• FuzzyAvengerFuzzyAvenger Member Posts: 12
    Yes, as said before it really depends on the situation at the time. I know generally in EXP or Merit parties the need to utilize a BLM is becoming rare, as people tend to in most situations find melee burn parties to be more efficient, time and mp wise. Granted there are a few exceptions such as BLM burn parties. Having said this, BLM in end game related areas (HNM, Limbus, Sky etc) is still popular as ever.

As for BLM being the best Damage Dealer, thats really hard to agree with, as the type of damage the various jobs produce is different. Again the question boils down to the situation and the jobs at hand... My way of thinking of it, is splitting the DD into two groups; Spike Damage, and DOT damage. Spike being jobs that deliver occasional high damage attacks. and DOT damage being jobs that deliver their damage over a period of time...

Spike: SAM, THF, BLM, DRK, WAR (if using a Gaxe)

DOT: MNK, RNG, DRG, WAR, BLU

With the exception of special cases (RNG, Wars or DRKs w/Kraken, Ridill) and boiling this down to the basics, Spike DD tend to find themselves more at home in END game events, as their high spike damage is very useful against the high defense of end game mobs. Likewise DOT dealers find themselves more at home in EXP or Merit parties, where their consistent damage can bring havoc to most mobs with average defense//resistance. I could go on longer but I think this gets the idea across hope it helps~
  • NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Necrocell

Black Mage is notoriously the highest damage dealer in the game, but what what comes after them, do dark knights do good damage, and what about blue mages i heard that they are starting to replace blms in partys, but i didnt believe it.
    Can anyone help me?

BLM can be extremely good DDs, but hardly the best DD in the game. Sure, you can spam all your most powerful spells out over a short period of time, but that WILL lead to at least one of these situations:

1. Very long downtimes for the BLM, since s/he needs to rest after every single fight. Not an efficient way to do it.
    2. Big problems since your spell spams will take hate away from the tank, meaning a situation out of control, you die, and a possible wipe.

BLM is an extremely effective job if played right, but I can't aggree with it being the best DD. Who really is the best DD, is not that important. This is because you progress as a party where everyone contributes with something - this is not a casual game for solo'ers.

As for BLU: in my experience they are popular party members, but not a replacement for BLM. And yes, they can be very good DDs.