Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game has better pvp?

lilreap2k3lilreap2k3 Member UncommonPosts: 353

This poll is basically just to give me an idea. I understand that everyone likes different things.

I am looking for a FUN pvp based mmo. From what I have gathered trolling these forums for years, is that DAOC and Lineage2 are the top dogs. I won't mention UO only because I can't see myself going back that far into dated graphics. I can handle DAOC's dated graphics, but that is as far as I am willing to go.

So yeah, please vote.

Playing - Minecraft, 7 Days To Die, Darkfall:ROA, Path of Exile

Waiting for - 

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Well, you have to take a few things into consideration. Dark age of Camelot is Rvr pvp, Lineage 2 is FFA pvp that is based on clan politics.

It takes much longer to get into the pvp in Lineage 2 then it takes in Dark age of Camelot. it can take weeks, if not months to reach the pvp content in Lineage 2. Personally, I prefer Lineage 2. But it does take much longer to get into Lineage 2.
  • CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440
    Obviously you ignored EVE.  I hate Eve and its pvp, but you cannot deny the fact of thier raving fanboys.

• PanossianPanossian Member Posts: 94
    Two different styles of PvP, if your looking for a short term pvp fix (waiting for war,aoc or df, etc..)I would say Daoc would be the better choice just for the fact it is easier and faster to get into the PvP. They have made a ton of changes to help players level faster and the classic servers (which I would recommend) make it easier for new players coming in to compete.

Current Game FFXIV (Cactuar)
    Looking for 1 healer for 8 mans.

• BattleshipBattleship Member Posts: 62

Nobody mentioned Guildwars yet.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

Lineage 2 does

however, its very hard core.  its not a solo game, nor a casual game.   clan politics can be extremely intimidating.

theres going to be cross server clan warfare very soon.  was recently announced.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • tikitiki Member Posts: 395
    DAOC has the best pvp out of any game ever made, no gay set player limits for the battle grounds, it the pvp is actually meaningful

East Carolina University, Computer Science BS, 2011
    --------------------
    Current game: DAOC

Games played and quit: L2, PlanetSide, RF Online, GuildWars, SWG, COH/COV, Vanguard, LOTRO, WoW, WW2 Online, FFXI, Auto-Assault, EVE Online, ShadowBane, RYL, Rappelz, Last Chaos, Myst Online, POTBS, EQ2, Warhammer Online, AoC, Aion, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Allods, Darkfall.

Waiting on: Earthrise

Names: Citio, Goldie, Sportacus

• XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606
       Lineage 2 PvP is better i think..and it has way better graphics than DAoC.  if you go L2 lvl to 20 then try and get into a clan that has an academy and youll be set..its a great game.
  • afroburzingafroburzing Member Posts: 71
    eve = best pvp
  • BrodherWayneBrodherWayne Member Posts: 1

Try out RYLUW.  It is definitely one of the best PVP games out there.  It is also FREE to PLay!!

So it doesnt cost you to try it out.  Just look it up in the Gamelist to get the info.

• siftifiedsiftified Member Posts: 258

Lineage 2 was ALMOST a great FFA PVP game. The thing that I think really kills it is

A. The lag - I found 400-500 ping crippling

B. The damn safe zones - Those damn cities where all you can see is a sea of damn vendors. All I want to do is hit them with an axe, but no ...

If only AC:DT were still here to save us all!

• GresloreGreslore Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by Battleship

Guildwars has excellent PVP.  And no monthly fee is always a nice thing too

"...and with that cryptic comment, I'm off to bed!"

Originally posted by Greslore

Originally posted by Battleship

Guildwars has excellent PVP.  And no monthly fee is always a nice thing too lol guildwars only has gay instanced pre set number of player arena fights

--------------------

Games played and quit: L2, PlanetSide, RF Online, GuildWars, SWG, COH/COV, Vanguard, LOTRO, WoW, WW2 Online, FFXI, Auto-Assault, EVE Online, ShadowBane, RYL, Rappelz, Last Chaos, Myst Online, POTBS, EQ2, Warhammer Online, AoC, Aion, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Allods, Darkfall.

• apertotesapertotes Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by tiki
    lol guildwars only has gay instanced pre set number of player arena fights

dude, that line should make it into every review out there for complete truth. it is the single most defining sentence i've read in a long time. thanks for it.

Originally posted by apertotes

Originally posted by tiki

lol guildwars only has gay instanced pre set number of player arena fights

dude, that line should make it into every review out there for complete truth. it is the single most defining sentence i've read in a long time. thanks for it.

np, i do my best to please the public, not everyone can have the charisma and skills i got

--------------------

• MirvedMirved Member Posts: 4
    Lineage2..

EVE  has no skill its just  right click on target and lock on press the little icons to shoot and wait for target to die...

and most fights are just about who brings more ppl...

In lineage2 you can decide wherever your hunting if you want to kill a person. And it has great things like siges/clanwars.

Guildwars pvp sucks to be honest instanced pvp always the same.. if you got 1 idiot in your team your screwed...
  • graillgraill Member Posts: 257
    go to your nearest military recruiter and choose either marines or army and then the infantry specialty, you can get all the pvp you want..................oh, my mistake your talking fantasy

can you smell that?!!...............there is nothing quite like it.....................the smell of troll in the morning............i love that smell.

• lilreap2k3lilreap2k3 Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by graill
    go to your nearest military recruiter and choose either marines or army and then the infantry specialty, you can get all the pvp you want..................oh, my mistake your talking fantasyimage

I heard there's no respawn points in RL.... So if I got lag out there I'm dead for real.

Playing - Minecraft, 7 Days To Die, Darkfall:ROA, Path of Exile

Waiting for - 

• SpoonSpoon Member UncommonPosts: 21

Unless you plan on botting a toon up to level 75+ and buying adena online, I'd stay away from L2....

Not to mention the lame pvp flag system,  XP loss on death and working off karma becomes a pain after too many PK's...

• defenestratedefenestrate Member CommonPosts: 578
    I would definitlyhave to say EvE has the best pvp bar non. I mean you cant get more open pvp'ness then EvE. Thats if you take off your carebear shirts and step into 0.0 Security. Seriously for people who havent witnessed pvp from an EvE perspective run, dont walk to http://myeve.eve-online.com/download/videos/?type=5 and watch The Great Northern War!!!

Wait, I guess you have to like Space ships and crap, whatever, great movie, the game has great pvp.