Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game state / community

grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102
This game is in such a strange state - Im playing it but it took me months to get in and hundreds of people are waiting to get in. Despite the achievement of getting in the community are so complacent it spoils the game some days. You cant turn OOC chat off and if I hear "Its copying WoW" or "Why do they make you pay?" one more time Im going to hit somebody. This is a unique game worth waiting for and extremely cheap ($5/mo). Its comparable to guild wars in that you move from instance to instance but with the difference that anyone can join you at any point and the xp/loot share will start there and then. Just... eherm... wait a bit longer til the whining idiots get bored.

--
Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

Comments

• WinterfreshWinterfresh Member Posts: 73
    I don't see why it's so unbelievable that people are reluctant to play this game.  It's a fairly good game, but anyone who's played Diablo knows better - that game is eight years old and it's free to play.

What's so unique about it that it warrants a monthly fee? The instant teleporting to your teammates is a nifty feature, but it's not exactly groundbreaking.  There's only one town in the entire game, and the maps aren't that big.
  • rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    1)  You can turn off world chat - the command is /ignoreworld.  Use the same command to turn it back on.

2)  Diablo was hardly the first dungeon crawler, graphical or otherwise.  It was arguably the most popular graphic dungeon crawler, however.  As such, why wouldn't a developer or publisher want take some gameplay concepts from such a popular game?  Microsoft tried their hand with Dungeon Siege and Flagship Studios (ex-Blizzard North) is trying the same thing with Mythos.  There's also Ragnarok Online, Mu Online, Titan Quest, Sacred, etc...)

3)  There are several great group-friendly features, the combination of which is pretty unique:
    • Go to- the ability to instantly teleport to any group member, anywhere.
    • Find Group - the ability to instantly be paired with another player or group within  your level range.  Unfortunately, poorly implemented.
    • When you crash or disconnect, you don't exit and--more importantly--don't bug the group.  If you are able to connect again then you're instantly part of the group again.
    • Loot drops for all party members regardless of location.  For example, If a member died and revived in town while a boss is killed, the member still gets loot drops.
    4)  This game is free to download and free to play.  You had to buy a box to play Diablo...  While I personally think the game is a more fun with the member benefits there are players that play into the high levels perfectly well with non-member benefits.

5)  As this is an online game with a dedicated team of developers, content and features will be updated on a regular basis for free.  As Diablo was a boxed game, new content was introduced in the form of purchased expansion packs.

~Ripper
  • grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by rhinok

1)  You can turn off world chat - the command is /ignoreworld.  Use the same command to turn it back on.

I love you.

I played today and it wasnt half as bad. I think its just that at weekend theeres a flock of people trying the game (that never would have liked it in the first place) that have a little rant then vanish forever. I love how tight the actual community is - Im partying with the same people again and again with no complaints. God help us if they open the floodgates if saturday evenings are any indication of the idiots to come.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL