Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest 2: Beta Application and Testing FAQ up!

You can now find out all you want and need to know about being an Everquest 2 beta tester in one convenient spot thanks to Community Manager Steve "Moorgard" Danuser:

How do I become a part of the beta program?
You can apply via our official website beginning at 10am PDT on May 3, 2004.

How long will registration be open?
We will only be accepting beta applications for a limited time, so your best bet is to apply as close to May 3 as possible.

When does beta begin?
The first phase of external beta will begin in June of 2004.

Can more than one person from the same household or IP address apply?
Yes. We will not be restricting the number of applications from a single residence or IP address. However, duplicate applications from the same person will be deleted.

You can read the entire FAQ by clicking here, and visit the official Everquest 2 site by clicking here.

Richard J. Cox
"There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

Comments

• UnKn0wNUnKn0wN Member Posts: 59

Thanks for the good news, after reading the FAQ it answered the biggest question i had about the beta testing.

"I'm not a Legends subscriber, nor did I take advantage of the Lords of EverQuest offer. Do I have any chance of getting into beta?
    Absolutely. The Legends and LoE offers represent only a small portion of the number of people who will be accepted into beta. The vast majority of beta testers will come in through the normal application process."

Being that i've never played EQ, i was hoping for atleast a shot, and from what i read before in their FAQ, it sounded like i'd have no chance at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    War Doesn't Determine Who's Right, War Determines Who's Left.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

War Doesn't Determine Who's Right, War Determines Who's Left.

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

"I'm not a Legends subscriber, nor did I take advantage of the Lords of EverQuest offer. Do I have any chance of getting into beta?"

It all depends on how many other SoE products you own, if you own all other products but aren't paying 40 bucks a month to play Everquest, then you have exactly one snowballs chance in hell. All others have no chance in hell.

So there you have it ;)

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• ZaceZace Member Posts: 77

Oh this is just plain silly - once again us Europeans are second class citizens and are not allowed to participate in the first Beta.  At least our chance is only a month later, so all teh luck Ameicans and canadians are only given 1 month to be uber and spoil all the quests for us !

Seriously though, this is good news tht beta is out - I am sure I read 3 months of beta then hopefully a release, so that means we should all see it before Christmas.