add on or argue
1. Seperation of church and state (I kinda thought that is what we have in the constitution and that seperation of church and state was part of the law of the land, but I continually see the opposite everyday. An example is that boys are not allowed in the boyscouts if their families are known atheists or if they are homosexuals. I realize the boyscouts are a private enterprise but everyone's taxes pay for the boyscouts. There are thousands of private enterprises that are discrimatory. Where do we draw the line?)
2. "we the people". We should abolish the electoral college. I think we're ready within the next 50 years. The government should allow everyone to have an equal vote and no state bias.
3. The government should be able to change. There should be less compromise for conveinence. We should stick to the logical point even if it requires action that doesnt look pleasent in the short run . And governments should be prepared for anything.
4. de-centralization. i.e. people should make the difference and not smooth talking politicians who favor majorities. This goes back to less compromise for conveinence. Centralization of wealth and power contributes to social and economic injustice, environmental destruction, and militarization.
5. A government should be open to other parties. For instance, if Republicans favor issue A and B while democrats do not favor issue A and B, then which party do I choose when I faovr issue A but not B, or if I favor issue B but not A. Tradition has put limits on USA government by encouraging a 2 party system to be the only worth while choice. Americans should be able to vote for the issues without having to sacrifice their values by choosing a limited amout of candidates. Also, it is unfair that people are persuaded by whether the candidate openly loves god or not, God should not be the issue but the issues should.
6. find better ways to avoid war and promote world peace.
this is a short list that I quickly wrote, I realize that it is writen poorly and that I might have not done a good job getting the point across, so maybe you all can add on or fix what I was trying to say (if you know what I was trying to say)