Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AA Tech Tip - running Vista

fgauerfgauer Member Posts: 111

Hi All,

Wanted to share a quick tech tip if your running (or planning on running) AA on Vista. It runs great on Vista btw. Make sure you have a decent video card and at least 2 gigs of RAM...

Sometimes the client will bomb prior to getting to the login screen. This helps:

Go to 'program files/NetDevil' (using Windows Explorer) and give this folder FULL access to both your account (logged in account) and the account called INSTALLER.

This seems to help because sometimes Vista persmissions gets confused - or something - dunno exactly why. After doing this go back to firing up AA and it should let you in just fine.

Good luck and see you in AA!

*** corrected folder name mistake ***

Comments

• OrionStarOrionStar Member Posts: 378
    mmm that directory doesn't exist in my Vista Program files... mine is

C, Program Files, NetDevil... and I can't give it access.

When I load up AA I get a "Microsoft XML Parser" error.   I am running WinVista Ultimate. 

Guess what NCSoft Doesn't support Vista either. www.plaync.com/us/support/doc_5335.html

Guess I can spend my 14 day trial looking at screenshots.
  • sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261

That's too bad Orionstar...but I guess NCSoft isn't the only one with Vista issues:

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/04/20/ap3633829.html

Hard to stay in business when your products HAD to include a less than desireable product (Vista):

What OS would you want on a new Dell?
    Windows XP 47% (1533 votes)

Linux 36% (1188 votes)

Windows Vista 17% (572 votes)

Total Votes: 3293
    Return To Poll
    PollDaddy.com...courtesy PCWorld.com

Of course, a game like Auto Assault can hardly afford to lose potential customers, so I hope you find a way to get the trial to work!

• fgauerfgauer Member Posts: 111

Yes you are correct - I had an error in the folder name. I apologize.

You should be able to give that folder the persmissions - or at least some account on your Vista machine should be able to do it if they are an administrator.

I believe AA uses XML parser 4.0. It can also have trouble installing if you don't have the right permissions. If I remember correctly I think I had to install it separately because I got the same error.  You can download it for free here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=3144B72B-B4F2-46DA-B4B6-C5D7485F2B42&displaylang=en

Scroll down and install this file: msxml.msi - it's the full XML 4.0 installer.

A lot of us are playing AA regularly on Vista - and chat about it often in game. If you have any other troubles I will monitor this thread for awhile and see if I can help you out.

I am sorry you are having troubles.

• OrionStarOrionStar Member Posts: 378
    ok got it installed going to give it a try now.