Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tip for enjoying AA - Make sure your PC is up to date!

fgauerfgauer Member Posts: 111

I wanted to post this information because of my recent experience with Vanguard and AA.

I originally started playing AA and Vanguard on a 3.0 Mhz Pentium 4 HT processor with a 128 older generation video card. AA ran okay on this setup. Vanguard was a literal disaster. I continued to play AA on this setup to around level 10 - and the experience was okay.

I then went out and built two new boxes: Core 2 Duo 2.13, 2 gigs of RAM with a 7600+ Nvidia series video card.  I outfitted both with Windows Vista. After building these boxes I finally got adequate performance out of Vanguard.

I then proceeded to log back into AA and was literally blown away by the difference. The movement in town, coupled with the experience in combat - in car. Amazing! After awhile AA started becoming my game of choice...

The lesson I want to glean out of this experience is this: AA is a completely different experience on a properly outfitted PC. I instinctively feel that this must be one of the reasons why AA is not experiencing a rush of subscribers yet. I feel that if you have an underpowered PC setup, you can run AA - but the experience is 'meh'. AA coupled with a decently equipped box is a killer combination. It is fun, refreshing, and very well done.

If you're thinking about trying AA - please try it on a decent video card, RAM, and CPU combination! You won't do it justice if your machine is too old!

...just my .02 

Comments

• TsnowTsnow Member Posts: 74

I can't agree with you that it is the pc that is keeping people out of Auto Assault.

I tried AA three times, My computer ran it just fine. It was the game play and community.

that sent me running away.

p.s. Glad you are enjoying it.

"One word, Thundercougarfalconbird."

• drummzz7drummzz7 Member Posts: 14
    Imho - It's the gameplay and community that keep me coming back for more.  I get sick of walking everywhere in the other mmos - so why not drive everywhere and blow stuff up while doin it :)  I plan on playing AA for a long time, and the wonderful, friendly players and explosive gameplay keep me entertained and satisfied.  Why not try it for yourself and see what u think - https://secure.plaync.com/cgi-bin/free_trial.pl?partner=10  - PM me in game and i'll hook u up with some clink.  (Mek - Terminator - Drummzz7) C U in the wastelands!!
  • jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726
    i recently gave AA a try, when they reactivated my beta account for the free 10 days, i enjoyed the game just fine, although it was very repetitive. so i chose to purchase a game box, i played for a week or two and was ultimately turned off of the game by the moron community. so it wasnt the game that had anything to do with it.
  • MidavegMidaveg Member Posts: 296
    Mutant community is good and friendly and that is one of the reason i left biomek for it. Human side is pretty horrible and its quite close to WoW community but at times, its friendly once a blue moon.

All canceled. Waiting on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning.

• sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261
    Originally posted by jayheld90

i recently gave AA a try, when they reactivated my beta account for the free 10 days, i enjoyed the game just fine, although it was very repetitive. so i chose to purchase a game box, i played for a week or two and was ultimately turned off of the game by the moron community. so it wasnt the game that had anything to do with it.
    I'm really interested in your observations here.

Not that I agree or disagree, I'm just curious as to what you mean by "moron community".  My idea of a moron might be totally different than your idea.  Maybe you could provide an example of a community that is not "moronic" and that might be the best way of explaining this.

I was encouraged to see that it wasn't the game itself that "drove" you away (sorry for the pun), because I've been really impressed so far in the month and a half I've played.