Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Interview with James Jones and Kate Paiz

StraddenStradden Managing EditorHalifax, NSPosts: 6,696Member

Today sees the launch of Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach's Module 4: Reaver's Bane. Yesterday, Managing Editor Jon Wood had the chance to sit down for a talk with James Jones, the Executive Producer of DDO and Kate Paiz, the game's Producer.


As many of you may or may not know, today marks the release of Module 4: Reaver's Bane, the most recent free update from Turbine's Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to sit down for a conversation with James Jones, the Executive Producer of DDO and Kate Paiz, the game's Producer to talk about the release, and what players can expect from it.

It is well known that any MMORPG is a constantly growing and evolving entity. Even when a game is released, a team continues to work on the game, both fixing problems and creating new content for their players to explore. Turbine's Dungeons and Dragons Online is no exception to that rule. Numerous game play elements have been added to the game since its launch a year ago. Previous modules and updates saw players able to: solo in the game, progress further as the level cap was raised, play and meet new and different races, the list goes on.

Read the whole article here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

«1

Comments

  • we3sterwe3ster northamptonPosts: 355Member
    Yes, I think people should give DDO a trial or another trial. People always highlight DDO's negatives on these boards but it has a lot of good points too.



    In all honesty, I can't play another MMO as DDO's combat is easily the best out there at the moment.

    You must not leave until you free Arlos and have gathered your party safely in this hallway.

  • raitzuraitzu Rohnert Park, CAPosts: 83Member
    DDO has come a very long way since its lowly beginnings.


    I have been playing since release, and I can guarantee new players now will be very excited about how much there is to explore.

    That was my biggest complaint, lack of content: with Mod 3 + Mod 4; the content finally feels like a complete game.

    The other nice thing about DDO, is that their Developers and Engineers regularly post and reply on their message boards.

    If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever, people will either direct you to the information, or a Dev will respond!


    Great communication; they also put up a test server so the players can get some hands on bug hunting before it goes live. This was a strong move, and shows how confident they are in there design.


    If you didnt like playing DDO before, try the free trail again... you wont be disapointed!
  • Terminus-EstTerminus-Est GlasgowPosts: 352Member
    I would consider returning if they included random features in dungeons (eg random traps). As it was when I left, adventuring in groups was no fun because PUGs would always rush through the content, shouting where the traps were and running straight to the objectives.
  • SevenwindSevenwind Somewhereville, TXPosts: 2,198Member Uncommon

    The newer content and high level new dungeons all have random traps. Been that way for a few months now I believe. Don't know what level you were when you left.

    They did not random the traps on the released dungeons that came out with release. Meaning they didn't go back and randomize the traps to all, just newer dungeons. I don't know the specific date this started.

    .. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

    --------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

  • mindspatmindspat seattle, WAPosts: 1,367Member
    Originally posted by Terminus-Est

    I would consider returning if they included random features in dungeons (eg random traps). As it was when I left, adventuring in groups was no fun because PUGs would always rush through the content, shouting where the traps were and running straight to the objectives.



    I think you'll find that the "older" quests haven't changed much in terms of their layouts.  On the other hand, some of the newer quests have plenty of random trap locations.  There might be 4-5 locations which are "known" but the instance randomly decides if those locations are going to have traps.  It seems only about 2 or 3 traps are "spawned" out of about the 4-5 locations from my observation.

    I honestly think DDO has the best combat in all the MMO's currently on the market.  It is purely dynamic, relies on some player skill while leaving the Dice Roll to the game.  It's nice to play something that allows you to jump, dodge and roll for a TRUE tactical reason.  The other MMO's put in lame-fairy-jumps so the kiddies can think it's real yet it has no impact on gameplay, DDO is the opposite.

    Keep in mind, if you had played the older quests at launch they are still going to be there. 

    The higher lvl 13+ content is "gated".  You have to be a certain level, lvl 10 from what I understand, inorder to enter.  This serves to prevent power-leveling while making the "gold farmers" earn their keep.

    Populations are not bad.  I'm sure you could possibly find a low pop server, but it should be easier to find populated ones with many players and plenty of guilds with 15-30 nightly players.

    I can't think of a single game that provides a similar or better gaming experiance then Dungeons & Dragons Online.  OK, there's one...pre-cu Star Wars Galaxies was probably better.

     

     

  • CerionCerion Santa Monica, CAPosts: 1,005Member
    Originally posted by Stradden


    Today sees the launch of Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach's Module 4: Reaver's Bane. Yesterday, Managing Editor Jon Wood had the chance to sit down for a talk with James Jones, the Executive Producer of DDO and Kate Paiz, the game's Producer.

    As many of you may or may not know, today marks the release of Module 4: Reaver's Bane, the most recent free update from Turbine's Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to sit down for a conversation with James Jones, the Executive Producer of DDO and Kate Paiz, the game's Producer to talk about the release, and what players can expect from it.
    It is well known that any MMORPG is a constantly growing and evolving entity. Even when a game is released, a team continues to work on the game, both fixing problems and creating new content for their players to explore. Turbine's Dungeons and Dragons Online is no exception to that rule. Numerous game play elements have been added to the game since its launch a year ago. Previous modules and updates saw players able to: solo in the game, progress further as the level cap was raised, play and meet new and different races, the list goes on.

    Read the whole article here.

    I just had to highlight the ridiculous understatement of this characterization. Turbine (DDO) is no exception?  Frankly, Turbine IS the exception. They are one of the few MMO companies actually adding frequent, substantial content. Most MMO's these days are pathetic when it comes to adding new content--you know, the business model our subscription fees are supposed to pay for?  I can count on one hand the number of MMOs that offer frequent and substantial content updates, and the leader in this offering IS Turbine.



    _____________________________
    Currently Playing: LOTRO; DDO
    Played: AC2, AO, Auto Assault, CoX, DAoC, DDO, Earth&Beyond, EQ1, EQ2, EVE, Fallen Earth, Jumpgate, Roma Victor, Second Life, SWG, V:SoH, WoW, World War II Online.

    Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

    Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

  • RattrapRattrap ZagrebPosts: 1,599Member
    Ever since i played LOTRO beta , I am considering trying DDO again.



    But the problem is that DDO is a game that has to be populated to be even playable.



    Unfortunately I dont think this is the case. Perhaps there is number of people at high levels.

    But because of game mechanic it is needed to play with people of same low level. And i think this is almost imposible

    to find right now.





    In my oppinion Turbine should make some kind of "station pass" so people would be able to play LOTRO and DDO



    This would bring lot of new blood to DDO and surely improve the retention

    "Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

  • RatslaughRatslaugh Tulsa, OKPosts: 23Member
    I dunno, been playing with my group every tuesday night for a year now on Aundair and have yet to see a night when the city is empty
  • ManmadegodManmadegod Delb, WVPosts: 501Member
    I hated DDO because of the whole everything is instance and you never explore only sit your ass in a city and rot between groups... Yeah, I had high hopes for this game, but to me... It is the biggest failure of a popular subject matter to MMO game ever.
  • martinj63martinj63 Saint Albans, VTPosts: 83Member

    Well Mod four is nothing short of amazing and has me even more addicted to a game that I have been enjoying for over a year. It's nice to see that all those that predicted doom for DDO was wrong, if anything the game is stronger than ever.  Turbine has quietly improved the game over the past year and has not only brought back many that left but also has brought in a lot of Never played a MMO gamers. This has given DDO one of the most mature communities in the genre.   I can't wait to see whats in store for DDO in year 2.

  • TrevlinTrevlin Toronto, ONPosts: 4Member

     

    Originally posted by Manmadegod

    I hated DDO because of the whole everything is instance and you never explore only sit your ass in a city and rot between groups... Yeah, I had high hopes for this game, but to me... It is the biggest failure of a popular subject matter to MMO game ever.
    The new module has exploreable wilderness and there are solo quests up to Level 6.
  • SevenwindSevenwind Somewhereville, TXPosts: 2,198Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by martinj63
    Well Mod four is nothing short of amazing and has me even more addicted to a game that I have been enjoying for over a year. It's nice to see that all those that predicted doom for DDO was wrong, if anything the game is stronger than ever.  Turbine has quietly improved the game over the past year and has not only brought back many that left but also has brought in a lot of Never played a MMO gamers. This has given DDO one of the most mature communities in the genre.   I can't wait to see whats in store for DDO in year 2.

    I agree mod 4 is pretty good from what I messed with last night. I am not lvl 10 yet on my main so couldn't get into the gianthold just the quest area. But, my lvl 2 pally loved the Hills open area. Was pretty good experience and loot wasn't to bad.

    I saw a lot of people hanging out both open area gates getting parties together. They need a mid-range level open area now. I think getting one next month.

    .. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

    --------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

  • KremlikKremlik CrewePosts: 716Member
    Originally posted by Cerion

    Originally posted by Stradden


    Today sees the launch of Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach's Module 4: Reaver's Bane. Yesterday, Managing Editor Jon Wood had the chance to sit down for a talk with James Jones, the Executive Producer of DDO and Kate Paiz, the game's Producer.

    As many of you may or may not know, today marks the release of Module 4: Reaver's Bane, the most recent free update from Turbine's Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to sit down for a conversation with James Jones, the Executive Producer of DDO and Kate Paiz, the game's Producer to talk about the release, and what players can expect from it.
    It is well known that any MMORPG is a constantly growing and evolving entity. Even when a game is released, a team continues to work on the game, both fixing problems and creating new content for their players to explore. Turbine's Dungeons and Dragons Online is no exception to that rule. Numerous game play elements have been added to the game since its launch a year ago. Previous modules and updates saw players able to: solo in the game, progress further as the level cap was raised, play and meet new and different races, the list goes on.

    Read the whole article here.

    I just had to highlight the ridiculous understatement of this characterization. Turbine (DDO) is no exception?  Frankly, Turbine IS the exception. They are one of the few MMO companies actually adding frequent, substantial content. Most MMO's these days are pathetic when it comes to adding new content--you know, the business model our subscription fees are supposed to pay for?  I can count on one hand the number of MMOs that offer frequent and substantial content updates, and the leader in this offering IS Turbine.



     

    Thats one of the reasons why I hold Turbine in such high reguard at times, they start out with small ideas then constantly add in more and more content and quality into their games and doing so without making it's playerbase shell out more cash to do so, unlike people like Blizzard who yes offer 'free' content but when it came to payed content it was very dissapointing, like Sony who practally ask for cash for every little pixle change or on the other side offer too much to start with and fall flat on their face with broken promises and subpar quality (DnL, Vanguard and Darkfall have or will fall under this.. Sigil I'm more dissapointed with I thought they knew better).

    Hence why NCsoft, CCP and Turbine will always have strong playerbases in the long term they take their time and not in that much of a hurry to have a 'massive' titles and more likly to offer a better quality of game the longer it sicks around.

    Also would also LOVE a 'station pass' idea with either Turbine or NC, but LOVE  the lifetime option in LOTR, it's certanly allows much more casual play then as it drops the 'i must play this to make it worth the subcription costs', if you can afford the lifetime at  the time it's well worth the money long term, it's just a shame it's a limited time offer and it's not open for both titles, I'll glady throw money at a lifetime for both it'll set me up quite nicely for gaming for a long time

    Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!

  • godpuppetgodpuppet NottinghamPosts: 1,416Member
    As far as adding content goes, I'd say CCP is top notch with WoW coming in second and Turbine third.



    Sorry, the level of new content addition in Asherons Call 2 was depressing.

    ---
    image

  • KremlikKremlik CrewePosts: 716Member
    Originally posted by godpuppet

    As far as adding content goes, I'd say CCP is top notch with WoW coming in second and Turbine third.



    Sorry, the level of new content addition in Asherons Call 2 was depressing.



    Going slightly OT but how can you rate WoW as having the 2nd 'best' content adding with TBC's complete lack of value for money...

    For a payed expansion TBC IMO is the WROST value for money MMO expantion ever because:

    Content wise what does it actally give you:

    A whole new zone to use

    Increased level cap

    New instances

    Unlocks two EXSTISTING classes

    Content like Arenas 'supposidly' for the expantion released within the orginal game as well

    All this for a small sum of £25 RRP...

    Where as the content itself can justitfy a price tag and not a 'free' update, the price is just stupid.. take for instance Guild Wars the highest priced 'expansions' (£30) they themselfs have new worlds to play with but  have brand new classes to deal with plus whole new content EXCLUSIVE to that perticual update, then take Sony with Everquest smaller priced at £10-£20 offers increased level caps, new areas, new races or classes however doesn't offer that many 'free' content updates but the quality of the expansion justifys it's cost sometimes..

    However in every case BUT TBC every expansion can be played standalone or includes the orginal game, this is the huge factor in TBC as it requires the orginal game to be purchased, still priced between £15-£20RRP, so any new player into WoW would have to fork out a whopping £40-£45RRP to have both WoW and TBC..

    Thats not value for money compeared to other payed expantion titles, now if the game would to be bundled with WoW for like £30 it would be somewhat ok.. but compeared to the 'free' content given within WoW offering 'better' content plus the price of other pay for titles compeared to TBC it's got the worst value expansion title in my books (and please don't say 'well they're relasing 'X' instance' becuase that techally isn't part of the title expantion thats actally 'free'' content via your sub), hence why I will not consider Blizzard offering 'one of the best' for offering content, they were untill they practically scammed player out of £25 (IMO of course)

    FYI the most value for money pay for atm happens to be FFXI every time an expantion is released it's bundled with the orginal game PLUS every expansion to date for £20, only L2 and DAoC come close as they offer everything but the lastest with theirs..

    Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!

  • JJD74JJD74 Roseburg, ORPosts: 45Member
    Originally posted by godpuppet

    As far as adding content goes, I'd say CCP is top notch with WoW coming in second and Turbine third.



    Sorry, the level of new content addition in Asherons Call 2 was depressing.



    Sorry, but putting Blizzard above Turbine in the "content addition" category is absolute idiocracy.  There's not even a worthy comparison to support such a fanboi effort.  I sincerely hope you're not comparing their single TBC addition to all the modules of Turbine.

    CCP and Turbine are at the top...  I'd put Blizzard / WoW somewhere near the bottom.

    image
    image

  • CerionCerion Santa Monica, CAPosts: 1,005Member
    Originally posted by JJD74

    Originally posted by godpuppet

    As far as adding content goes, I'd say CCP is top notch with WoW coming in second and Turbine third.



    Sorry, the level of new content addition in Asherons Call 2 was depressing.



    Sorry, but putting Blizzard above Turbine in the "content addition" category is absolute idiocracy.  There's not even a worthy comparison to support such a fanboi effort.  I sincerely hope you're not comparing their single TBC addition to all the modules of Turbine.

    CCP and Turbine are at the top...  I'd put Blizzard / WoW somewhere near the bottom.



    I agree.  When I said count on one hand, I had CCP, NCSoft, and Turbine in mind.

    Frankly with the amount of profits Blizzard is pulling in, you'd think that they'd be churning out massive content updates. But then again, why should they if the players are too naive to know that they deserve better, and that companies do exist that offer such content.

    _____________________________
    Currently Playing: LOTRO; DDO
    Played: AC2, AO, Auto Assault, CoX, DAoC, DDO, Earth&Beyond, EQ1, EQ2, EVE, Fallen Earth, Jumpgate, Roma Victor, Second Life, SWG, V:SoH, WoW, World War II Online.

    Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

    Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

  • godpuppetgodpuppet NottinghamPosts: 1,416Member
    Originally posted by Kremlik

    For a payed expansion TBC IMO is the WROST value for money MMO expantion ever because:
    Content wise what does it actally give you:
    A whole new zone to use
    Increased level cap
    New instances
    Unlocks two EXSTISTING classes
    Content like Arenas 'supposidly' for the expantion released within the orginal game as well
    All this for a small sum of £25 RRP...
    Where as the content itself can justitfy a price tag and not a 'free' update, the price is just stupid.. take for instance Guild Wars the highest priced 'expansions' (£30) they themselfs have new worlds to play with but  have brand new classes to deal with plus whole new content EXCLUSIVE to that perticual update, then take Sony with Everquest smaller priced at £10-£20 offers increased level caps, new areas, new races or classes however doesn't offer that many 'free' content updates but the quality of the expansion justifys it's cost sometimes..
    However in every case BUT TBC every expansion can be played standalone or includes the orginal game, this is the huge factor in TBC as it requires the orginal game to be purchased, still priced between £15-£20RRP, so any new player into WoW would have to fork out a whopping £40-£45RRP to have both WoW and TBC..
    Thats not value for money compeared to other payed expantion titles, now if the game would to be bundled with WoW for like £30 it would be somewhat ok.. but compeared to the 'free' content given within WoW offering 'better' content plus the price of other pay for titles compeared to TBC it's got the worst value expansion title in my books (and please don't say 'well they're relasing 'X' instance' becuase that techally isn't part of the title expantion thats actally 'free'' content via your sub), hence why I will not consider Blizzard offering 'one of the best' for offering content, they were untill they practically scammed player out of £25 (IMO of course)
    FYI the most value for money pay for atm happens to be FFXI every time an expantion is released it's bundled with the orginal game PLUS every expansion to date for £20, only L2 and DAoC come close as they offer everything but the lastest with theirs..
    TBC offers seven seamlessly connecting zones. Each zone is roughly twice the size of Azeroth's original zones. So in retrospect this adds a whole new continent scalable to one of the two original continents. Not exactly one zone, that is unless you only categorize a zone by how often you get "LOADING" screens.



    As far as instances go, it offers 6 level 70 5-man instances and one 25 man instance.



    Arenas.



    All for a sum of £18. I bought mine from amazon.com, I recommend you do the same, I saved 7 quid!



    Actually if you go back a few years to DAoC or EQ, the expansions they released all required you to buy the original version first. Granted that now they do give it away free, thats after over 7 years of sales and WoW hasnt even reached this point yet. As far as buying the entire package for £30 goes, you can buy it cheaper, look!



    WoW Original £8.

    WoW TBC £14

    Totalling £22.



    Most of your post appears to be opinion. Frankly if your going to attack my opinion it would be nice if you provided some facts to try and dissuade me. But all you provide is the ranting of a WoW Hater.

    ---
    image

  • godpuppetgodpuppet NottinghamPosts: 1,416Member
    Originally posted by Cerion

    Originally posted by JJD74

    Originally posted by godpuppet

    As far as adding content goes, I'd say CCP is top notch with WoW coming in second and Turbine third.



    Sorry, the level of new content addition in Asherons Call 2 was depressing.



    Sorry, but putting Blizzard above Turbine in the "content addition" category is absolute idiocracy.  There's not even a worthy comparison to support such a fanboi effort.  I sincerely hope you're not comparing their single TBC addition to all the modules of Turbine.

    CCP and Turbine are at the top...  I'd put Blizzard / WoW somewhere near the bottom.



    I agree.  When I said count on one hand, I had CCP, NCSoft, and Turbine in mind.

    Frankly with the amount of profits Blizzard is pulling in, you'd think that they'd be churning out massive content updates. But then again, why should they if the players are too naive to know that they deserve better, and that companies do exist that offer such content.

    If you look at the patch notes dates, you will notice that Blizzard release a patch every 2-3 weeks, Holidays excluded. Your Module 4 released this april, and let me get this straight, your last module released last October? You get a content patch every 5 months?



    So nice to be called a Fanboi. I shouldnt be surprised with these forums. Personal insults; the tool of an individual who has no arguement to debate.



    Good day sir!

    ---
    image

  • EndemondiaEndemondia SalfordPosts: 231Member
    Originally posted by we3ster

    Yes, I think people should give DDO a trial or another trial. People always highlight DDO's negatives on these boards but it has a lot of good points too.



    In all honesty, I can't play another MMO as DDO's combat is easily the best out there at the moment.

    without a doubt the best fantasy combat system available. Will give LOTRo a try but can see myself back in Stormreach come the end of the closed beta. Population shortage? Not any more now there are 2 servers only for Europe. Healthiest population I have ever seen since its release!
  • CerionCerion Santa Monica, CAPosts: 1,005Member
    Originally posted by godpuppet

    Originally posted by Cerion

    Originally posted by JJD74

    Originally posted by godpuppet

    As far as adding content goes, I'd say CCP is top notch with WoW coming in second and Turbine third.



    Sorry, the level of new content addition in Asherons Call 2 was depressing.



    Sorry, but putting Blizzard above Turbine in the "content addition" category is absolute idiocracy.  There's not even a worthy comparison to support such a fanboi effort.  I sincerely hope you're not comparing their single TBC addition to all the modules of Turbine.

    CCP and Turbine are at the top...  I'd put Blizzard / WoW somewhere near the bottom.



    I agree.  When I said count on one hand, I had CCP, NCSoft, and Turbine in mind.

    Frankly with the amount of profits Blizzard is pulling in, you'd think that they'd be churning out massive content updates. But then again, why should they if the players are too naive to know that they deserve better, and that companies do exist that offer such content.

    If you look at the patch notes dates, you will notice that Blizzard release a patch every 2-3 weeks, Holidays excluded. Your Module 4 released this april, and let me get this straight, your last module released last October? You get a content patch every 5 months?



    So nice to be called a Fanboi. I shouldnt be surprised with these forums. Personal insults; the tool of an individual who has no arguement to debate.



    Good day sir!

     

    Where did I call you a fanboi? In fact, I haven't insulted you at all. WoW introduced millions of new players to the MMO genre. Those are the naive players I'm speaking of, which isn't really an insult if you think about it. I'm sorry if you took that to heart. 

    Oh, and btw, DDO has these smaller patches as well, just like WoW. Nothing new there.  The modules are nearly on the scale of full-blown expansions, a step up from EQ2 adventure packs (which you have to pay for in that game).

    _____________________________
    Currently Playing: LOTRO; DDO
    Played: AC2, AO, Auto Assault, CoX, DAoC, DDO, Earth&Beyond, EQ1, EQ2, EVE, Fallen Earth, Jumpgate, Roma Victor, Second Life, SWG, V:SoH, WoW, World War II Online.

    Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

    Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

  • EndemondiaEndemondia SalfordPosts: 231Member
    Originally posted by Cerion

    Originally posted by godpuppet

    Originally posted by Cerion

    Originally posted by JJD74

    Originally posted by godpuppet

    As far as adding content goes, I'd say CCP is top notch with WoW coming in second and Turbine third.



    Sorry, the level of new content addition in Asherons Call 2 was depressing.



    Sorry, but putting Blizzard above Turbine in the "content addition" category is absolute idiocracy.  There's not even a worthy comparison to support such a fanboi effort.  I sincerely hope you're not comparing their single TBC addition to all the modules of Turbine.

    CCP and Turbine are at the top...  I'd put Blizzard / WoW somewhere near the bottom.



    I agree.  When I said count on one hand, I had CCP, NCSoft, and Turbine in mind.

    Frankly with the amount of profits Blizzard is pulling in, you'd think that they'd be churning out massive content updates. But then again, why should they if the players are too naive to know that they deserve better, and that companies do exist that offer such content.

    If you look at the patch notes dates, you will notice that Blizzard release a patch every 2-3 weeks, Holidays excluded. Your Module 4 released this april, and let me get this straight, your last module released last October? You get a content patch every 5 months?



    So nice to be called a Fanboi. I shouldnt be surprised with these forums. Personal insults; the tool of an individual who has no arguement to debate.



    Good day sir!

     

    Where did I call you a fanboi? In fact, I haven't insulted you at all. WoW introduced millions of new players to the MMO genre. Those are the naive players I'm speaking of, which isn't really an insult if you think about it. I'm sorry if you took that to heart. 

    Oh, and btw, DDO has these smaller patches as well, just like WoW. Nothing new there.  The modules are nearly on the scale of full-blown expansions, a step up from EQ2 adventure packs (which you have to pay for in that game).

    GAME! SET and MATCH! To Cerion
  • HexxeityHexxeity Kansas City, MOPosts: 848Member
    This is all very nice, but the reason I quit had nothing to do with content, or lack thereof.  I will even admit that the combat is above average.



    I quit because of the complete lack of game outside the instances ... the horrible downtime in the taverns ... the obnoxious community where every PUG is full of know-it-alls who can't believe that not everyone has played every dungeon at least 3 times ... the same know-it-alls who are more than happy to tell you the "best" way to build your character and play your class ... the city that's insanely spread-out, boring and static, yet you are forced to run through it and experience its joys dozens of times every time you play.



    Somehow, I suspect they haven't come out with a patch for the rotten community.
  • EndemondiaEndemondia SalfordPosts: 231Member
    Originally posted by Hexxeity

    This is all very nice, but the reason I quit had nothing to do with content, or lack thereof.  I will even admit that the combat is above average.



    I quit because of the complete lack of game outside the instances ... the horrible downtime in the taverns ... the obnoxious community where every PUG is full of know-it-alls who can't believe that not everyone has played every dungeon at least 3 times ... the same know-it-alls who are more than happy to tell you the "best" way to build your character and play your class ... the city that's insanely spread-out, boring and static, yet you are forced to run through it and experience its joys dozens of times every time you play.



    Somehow, I suspect they haven't come out with a patch for the rotten community.
    what you say does happen once in a blue moon but generally speaking I find the community above average for quality for an mmorpg. Damning a game for its town centre which you can run across in five mins indicates there is very little wrong with this game - if it has any fault it is that soling is not an option really...but being an mmorpg the concept is playing together with groups. Plenty of pc games where you can play it alone!
  • HexxeityHexxeity Kansas City, MOPosts: 848Member
    Originally posted by Endemondia

    Originally posted by Hexxeity

    This is all very nice, but the reason I quit had nothing to do with content, or lack thereof.  I will even admit that the combat is above average.



    I quit because of the complete lack of game outside the instances ... the horrible downtime in the taverns ... the obnoxious community where every PUG is full of know-it-alls who can't believe that not everyone has played every dungeon at least 3 times ... the same know-it-alls who are more than happy to tell you the "best" way to build your character and play your class ... the city that's insanely spread-out, boring and static, yet you are forced to run through it and experience its joys dozens of times every time you play.



    Somehow, I suspect they haven't come out with a patch for the rotten community.
    what you say does happen once in a blue moon but generally speaking I find the community above average for quality for an mmorpg. Damning a game for its town centre which you can run across in five mins indicates there is very little wrong with this game - if it has any fault it is that soling is not an option really...but being an mmorpg the concept is playing together with groups. Plenty of pc games where you can play it alone! ... and yet that simple wait in the pub and run across town was enough to make me hate the game.  For something that indicates "very little wrong," it sure had a big effect on me!  As for "once in a blue moon," I grouped a lot because I played before they added solo content, and every group I joined had at least one complete jerk.  So I guess in DDO, a blue moon happens every night.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.