Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Interview with James Jones and Kate Paiz

2»

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Doesn't happen to me. I am almost always in a PUG as my guild is small. The community in DDO is about the best I've seen. Every group I been in everyone has been helpful if it was my first time running it.

I'm having a lot of fun in DDO. I would have to say PUGs are good because it is where you meet people of other guilds. So every so often I will have met friends from other guilds and get tells from them asking if I would join their group for a dungeon instead of seeking that class in the LFM window.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

"As far as adding content goes, I'd say CCP is top notch with WoW coming in second and Turbine third."

As they say ignorance is bliss.

Just to educate you, Turbine has provided more free content in it's stable of MMO's than all the others combined and it is not even close.  Much of Blizzard's free content is content that was supposed to be included in the original game or the expansion, including the upcoming patch.   While CCP does only free content releases, you are lucky to see 2 a year, hence while they have good quality, their content quantity is not that high.

"you will notice that Blizzard release a patch every 2-3 weeks" now that is funny, most of those patches are to fix errors introduced in a prior patch, the ones that contain content are few and far between.

Next time post something that does not cause most of us to pity your lack of knowledge.

• glim3merglim3mer Member UncommonPosts: 154

Just to state the obvious without sounding too negative. People are tired of shit.

There is only two kinds of business, the first is the business that has something truely new, unique and original and the second is the business that copies the first.

A lot of games are the second kind of business and people are tired of that. DDO... falls into the second category.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Originally posted by glim3mer
    Just to state the obvious without sounding too negative. People are tired of shit.
    There is only two kinds of business, the first is the business that has something truely new, unique and original and the second is the business that copies the first.
    A lot of games are the second kind of business and people are tired of that. DDO... falls into the second category.

What did DDO copy then? Instances? Dungeons? Orcs? Swords/bows?

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• KamadrionKamadrion Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Sevenwind

Originally posted by glim3mer

What did DDO copy then? Instances? Dungeons? Orcs? Swords/bows?

I think DDO also copied this great thing called quests, adventures, guilds, class trainers and NPCs; I think they might've copied water as well. DDO is such a copycat game. How dare they copy quests and water!

Nah, seriously, I liked DDO, but I only played beta and a trial. I never got past level 6 I think. I would've loved to subscribe, but I was uncertain if it would be a game I could play for a long time span. In Beta I was positive about buying DDO, but I held back to see how  it feels to me in a later trial. So I played the trial and on the first day, I found it rather irritating and frustrating to not find a group I can play with, since most players were on higher levels. And yes, for all you smartasses out there, I put up the LFG thing, searched for groups myself, walked around asking, and "telling" to people.

On day 2, I stopped searching for groups after 20 minutes.

Day 3, I found a group consisting of, how can I put this? hmm... yeah, well,  frankly 4 immature "kids", although they vouched they were all older than 21. It didn't make fun at all since no one sticked with the team and simply rushed to the objectives. When I told them nicely to stick together and also asked them, if it would be possible work on the quest as team, I was told to "STFU" and leave the group if I don't like efficiency gaming.

Ok, they didn't say efficiency, since their explanation included a lot of F-bombs and telling me how big a "Newb" I am, but I think they tried to tell me that they hate story lines, but like to raise their level in a record fashion.

On day 6, I gave DDO one last chance and put a group together myself which "only" took me about one and a half hours, hence the low level population wasn't that great in numbers; and it was in a bloody trial phase! I played about an hour with that group till half of them logged off and I was back to square one.

It was then when I snapped and destroyed my screen....

No, that was just another joke....

Honestly, I was dissappointed, disgruntled, another dis-word I can't remember right now, but in the end it felt like I put a lot of hours in a trial period of a game I was sure to buy and ended up disliking it due to the low population on high populated server.

Low population on a high populated server? Sounds odd, but to me it's the truth I sadly experienced.

Now I would looooove to see someone proving me wrong about the things I just wrote. Please, enlighten me!
  • xcryonicxxcryonicx Member Posts: 82
    Good sign for the game. I've been peaking at DDO here and there and have tried the free trial a few times but never really got into it. It sounds so fun in concept and I love the feel of the Eberron setting too. I think I'm gonna go give it another spin this week sometime
  • indigorainindigorain Member Posts: 1

This is for all the players that have tried the game and where not happy with the low level groups and or players they encountered.

Sorry for the poor showing. 

I have been playing DDO since beta and have taken a few breaks here and there to play other MMO's. In all fairness, there is not a single MMO out there that i have played that i have not encountered the very same flaws you have described. Most games that have been out a while have a low body count for low level starter people to group with. Most games also have a fair share of buttheads that tell you where to go, what to do and how to play your charicter.  I can say this in all confidence, the DDO "trial account" came at the same time as a celebration gift from turbine where the loot in all chest where improved by one level. so naturally all the players wanted to play there mains to get a chance at better items. Leaving the low level charicters on the shelf for  a long time. Bad timing to be a starter player.  One more note.. some servers have a larger population at certian times depending on what coast most people play. I play on the Sarlona server and i belive it has a larger west coast population. Other servers are more populated at different times. while no one game can say they do not have problems, i belive DDO's population in general is more mature than most.  As with any game where you group with random straingers, its a mixed bag. That is why people join guilds, To play with like minded players.  Six days is not a fair shake for almost any game on the market to base a conclusive opinion on.  Look me up on Sarlona, we are always looking for great people who ejoy making the journey more than the getting to the destination. 

Indigorain

14 pally

Ecks

1 sorc/2 pally