Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You will never kill this game

PremetheasPremetheas Member Posts: 4

i myself have come back too uo twice now and left for the same reason twice now.

Mage/bard/tamers solo anything at all in the game while my gm mace figter parry resist and all other skills he would need too be uber (including healing) could barely do orge lords .

the game is curropt beyond imagine everyone knows it and the players won't let this dead horse finish dying altho most believe they would come back if a more balanced version was released like uo 2.

//00+

\/\/oo+

Comments

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

Originally posted by OrangEjOOce

I think they should restart uo or create a seperate running game where it would take uo back around the second age exp, then i would play it again. i think it would bring back the old school crowd and be worth playing again
    arrr maty.. wheres me bootie

hell yeah! that would kick so much ass. they need to get rid of trammel and everything after it. I would go back, i was addicted for 3 years. left for 1 year, came back and EA screwed it up good.

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

Originally posted by Sir-Sven

Originally posted by OrangEjOOce

I think they should restart uo or create a seperate running game where it would take uo back around the second age exp, then i would play it again. i think it would bring back the old school crowd and be worth playing again
    arrr maty.. wheres me bootie

hell yeah! that would kick so much ass. they need to get rid of trammel and everything after it. I would go back, i was addicted for 3 years. left for 1 year, came back and EA screwed it up good.

Yeah when I came back after a year, my gm mage tamer sucked. they used to kick ass. But now you can have more than 700 skill!? that's pathetic.

• WestwoodWestwood Member Posts: 3

ultima online will live on with new shards...

osi may die, but freeshards are starting up again with the new emulation software (runuo)

check out in2 at www.imagine-nat.com/site.htm and you will see just how alive uo is..

this shard is rapidly growing at the momment and we all know once hooked on uo its hard to get away. in2 does a good job of getting you hooked.

• TMcCTMcC Member Posts: 218
    UO's graphics are the best, 2d is where its at. As soon as i find a game that even comes close to touching old school  UO I'll let u all know but till then I'd like to know what games even touch it or which will be as good.....

....why cant somebody attempt to duplicate oldschool UO to some form......every other game is junk beside it, hell i think even when i finally quit UO last winter it still beat every other MMORPG. I can name hundreds over the years that felt the same way, I just wonder when somebody will hear us!

• ShelkShelk Member UncommonPosts: 66
    I agree, every other MMORPG is garbage beside UO.  If a state of the art UO (from the old days before EA destroyed it) clone came out,  people would be discussing the demise of all the other MMORPGs.

• ShelkShelk Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Heh, actually they wouldn't be discussing the demise of other MMORPGs because no one would give a sh*t.  They'd all be playing the new UO game. =)

• phunkymunkeyphunkymunkey Member Posts: 83

Honestly, nothing has compared to classic UO since its inception.  The new "EQ 3D engine clone wars" are weak because despite the flash and detail, they provide no scope.  I'm just talkin from a visual perspective-not even the game play.  Now all the coat-tail pretenders see the EQ revenues and you think the standard $MBO$ CEO has any idea what good gameplay will be?  Where's the innovation, freedom, and individuality?-Nah, everyone is trying to put the same girl in a prettier dress. . . . but the clothes don't make the person . . . its the other way around.

My prediction:  Some of these MMORPGs will survive but reviews will be hugely, disappointigly mediocre-even when "graphic detail" is cutting edge.

The new generation of games is crippled with myopic, self-centered visuals in the 3D glut (its like looking through a periscope).

Personally, I'm dying to see a game hybrid with Diablo II style speed and flash with classic UO skills, game balance, and versatility.  Give me those smaller characters actually set in an environment where more than 5 characters can fit without visual chaos.  If you want a more detailed visual of a character, simply pull it up on a separate screen.  I thought I'd see a game like this long before now.

Pass the beer while we wait . . .

Permadeath and environmental challenges are the next great step in the evolution of MMORPGs. Only through true adversity will one feel accomplished. Only in truly knowing you can die will true adversity present itself.

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194
    ive said it many times... it they re-released some uo server that are how uo was around 3 years ago i would pay whatever it would cost.. as long as i could have all my friends come back to hehe

AMEN, brother i couldnt agree with u more, best game ever by far....the only reason the game changed so much is cause they could make more money sellin the game to 12 yr old non pvpin girls like most of the clowns that post on this site, i mean just look at all the games comin out, they are either no pvp or consensual pvp. so they target the weak lonely no power in their lives, bored ass weak mofos out there with a decent computer and a palse.

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

EA is so funny, i mean when they came out with the pre made chars, and name changes.. and now they are selling memory pics... they actually make you pay for a picture of you in game lol...

WHOA DUDE ONLY $30 FOR THEM TO HIT PRINTSCREEN AND SEND IT TO ME!!! NO WAY WHAT A DEAL!

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    They will print you a picture of your character?  That's just insane!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?