Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scions of Fate (Yulgang): Review

Comments

• doc2552doc2552 Member Posts: 40
    Worst MMO i have ever played. Spot on review not worth the disk space, stay away from this game
  • VodunVodun Member UncommonPosts: 87

This review tells me what I need to know if I have not played the game. It is pointless to review the reviewer, just read what Adele has to say and take out of it what you can. If you have already played the game this review is meaningless to you, only if you purposely want to pick apart the reviewer.

I see a hidden agenda in play here, why less would someone take their time to post a review of the review.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Vodun

This review tells me what I need to know if I have not played the game. It is pointless to review the reviewer, just read what Adele has to say and take out of it what you can. If you have already played the game this review is meaningless to you, only if you purposely want to pick apart the reviewer.
    I see a hidden agenda in play here, why less would someone take their time to post a review of the review.

Yes Vodun, your absolutely correct. Its a hidden agenda, a conspiracy!

..Either that, OR it could be that I actually want to give the reviewer advice so she might actually write a more informative review next time. The review might tell you enough of the game, But if I didn't know about this game, I would not be satisfied with this review. It doesn't even touch things like combat, grouping content, questing,Player vs player, or indepth character customization (Because I played the game, I happen to know that you have to pick your skills, you can't select all of them and max them out, something some people might actually find intresting to know). oh wait, she mentioned that there are few quests. we don't know if they are fun or the usual run of the mill quests, we don't know if they are rewarding, but at least we know there are few of them.

Here, I can fix this right here.

"There are not a lot of quests in the game.A good thing is the fact the game will notify you when you have a new quest avaible. The quests that are there are not really original. Most of the quests are "Go kill XX or go find XX" tasks. it is sometimes difficult to complete these quests as there are many players competing for the same monsters. The storyline behind the quests is not very intresting, there is no real reason for you to collect objects or killing enemies other then doing NPC's a favor. quests don't have a lasting effect on the world or enviroment. The rewards are usually not worth it, and give little XP compared to just grinding monsters.

I apologize for the possible spelling and grammar errors.

According to Adele, it is not really important for me to know how the game actually plays, but what I do need to know is that she had a bad experience with the community, something that is next to impossible to judge as everyone's experience with the community is diffrent, since it depends on who you meet, what circumstances you meet people, your own behavior and even which server you play on.

Adele says more about roleplaying, something that isn't there, then she does about combat and grouping.

I mean come on, How am I supposed to get a good view of the game like this?
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    hey people you got to remember what it is for !do you see the the cartoon look its meant for school kids might be of any age but prob for 11 and yonger .so of coarse you super dupper pro-gamer will be bored but if you got a kid that is 6 make her or him try it you will be surprised .but i agrre too mutch grind .for gamer and i mean gamer,did i say gamer? will be more in tune with silkroad .for the pro-gamer sorry cant help you .cause whatever happen youre never happy .and i am talking free online game.got money oo guild-wars .maybe WOW if you havent beaten it too many time.
    Originally posted by Citron

Gameloading I think you need a big cup of STFU.
    First off this is just a review of some shitty game. Secondly you suck as a reviewer and a writer. I went to your blog, it sucks, that is another reason no one actually "HIRES" you as a game reviewer. You need to stop being so Jealous of the reviewers for this site and get a life.
    -Citron
    Or maybe its because I never actually applied to any reviewer positions? I know my reviews aren't very well written, Maybe thats why I don't apply for reviewing positions? The reviews I do make are for the people that are intrested in my opinion of the games. Let me assure you that I'm not jealous of the reviewers on this website (why would I?), and my life is just fine, thank you.

if you don't have anything constructive to say, then please stay quiet.

Please get some manners before you post again. I'm tired of this 12 year old mentality.
    Unlike you, I actually backed up my posts with reason and explained my reasons in detail. the only thing I see you doing is insulting me for commenting on the review.

if I was a troll, I would write short posts that insult people for no reason.

Hey look at that, Both of your posts are short and both times you have insulted me, I wonder what  that means?

On sidenote, you can stop spamming my blog now, you have shown your maturity level by now.

Now, do you have any other insults to throw at me, or can we get back on topic?
    Originally posted by Citron

I don't have any reason to throw insults at you, you are who you are.
    I'm just tired of you putting down the writers on this site like your some golden boy journalist. And no I won't write a paragraph at a time "quoting" everything you say, unlike yourself I have a job and life and cannot post thousands of posts here that are pages each in length.  People who need to go to that much trouble are trying to prove something, and in a way its very sad.

What exactly are you trying to prove? If your tired of my posts making complaints about the reviews, then don't read my posts.

and why do you keep making weird assumptions that I don't have a job and life? I'm satisfied with my life, and I have a job for 38 hours a week. I'm not trying to prove anything, I merely put some time in my posts so that they actually have some content.

If you have no reason to insult me, then stop it.
  • BernoullyBernoully Member Posts: 174
    Yulgang and Flyff is pretty much brother and sister in the cute, child-proportioned cartoonish MMORPG family. Due to the nature of the these standard Korean designs, there's just nothing much different that can be expected from either. It's sad to hear the community sucks in the English version of this, because Flyff did enjoy a good community for a pretty long while (until they changed their GM, just check their forums).

It's not mentioned, but despite the chibi-ness Yulgang does have some pretty decent armour designs. :o
  • IainatorIainator Member Posts: 55

I'll have to agree with the review on this one.

After playing Wow, Eve and CoH/CoV, I wanted a break till WAR. I thought back to a few other Asain MMOs i'd played, and for F2P, they wern't bad. Scions of Fate though, its bad.

Dont copy this floppy, if you're bored, go try puzzle pirates, or some Free trials.

EDIT - Btw, Great review.

Playing - --
    Played - AO, CoH/CoV, DDO, Eve, Guildwars, LOTRO, WoW.
    Waiting - For WAR, Fury.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391
    Nice to know this site can give honest reviews to games from thousands of miles away at least :)  This game is more shallow than an average asian mmorpg, and that's saying alot.

• Darkz0rDarkz0r Member Posts: 78
    Indeed, the game sucks beyond redemption.

I played it for a couple of days and couldn't stand it.

As long as the review makes everyone stay away from it I couldn't care less. =P
  • nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310
    i played FLyFF and it wasnt half bad i kinda enjoyed it for about 20 levels til i reformatted my HD. but SoF is ,....wow, it is beyond words what this reviewer stated. I am avoding that game like a damn plague.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

i dont feel like reading all 5 pages so ill just post this thought/question. hopefully its not already be answered.. ill think about reviewing the other pages later.

but is the host company a NA/Euro company? or is it an asian company hosting it for inter/na players?

the reason is, unlike NA/Euro companies Who accually demand their GM staff accually work. asian companys have ZERO staff. they will host 5 servers and only hire 2 gms for 24hrs on all servers. *look at conqueronline... no gms at all*

when it comes to item mall stuff and customization. was there much free contect or was it all locked to the item mall for too costly to be of use prices?

again asian hosting companies milk people on their item mall stuff. they say you can buy 5 items for 1USD but turn around and make it that for 1hr you have to use all 5 items ( look at PKO for fairy food. super cheap but they use up about 50 pots out of 100 per day.or half a day which makes it costly)

i looked at this game for something to try before WaR goes live but now im glad i didnt want to :/ reminds me too much of CO and Rose online :/  rose is a great game just wish they didnt charge such lame prices per month for it...

• DarqDarq Member UncommonPosts: 31
    People review the reviews here because they seem to all suck. Most of the time the reviewer doesn't have a clue how to play, doesn't have any experience at all with the type of game they are reviewing, and they give ridiculous scores because of it.

With so many people surrounding me often it would take me ten minutes or so to find a spot to click so that I could move!

BS. You can easily move out of a crowd by clicking off in the distance.

To attack the mob, I had the option of right clicking on my attack button, or double clicking exactly on the center.

There is a reason you have that bar with numbers on it on your screen. It's called a hotbar, and I'd love to know where you've been hiding all these years if you don't know how to use it. You also have the option of clicking your mouse wheel. There's a phrase that fits rather well here, RTFM.

http://fate.netgame.com/guide/to_pl_ep_10.php

At one point I had 15 players on top of my drop! I asked politely that they move and let them know that it was my drop, but no one responds.

This actually made me laugh. See above, you can loot any item in the area by clicking the mouse wheel, or using the "pick up" action which can be placed on your hotbar. The reason they are standing on top of it is because the loot action makes you walk to the item, they are indeed trying to steal it, but there's absolutely nothing stopping you from picking it up. Well, other than simply not having a clue how to play.

Oh and by the way there are only a handful of quests.

Unless you mean to redefine the word "handful" that statement is false. There are quests almost every level, and they are very rewarding. It's hard to miss them since the game tells you when you can get a new one.

This is where the company makes it's money, and while people spend money on some pretty strange items, I have a hard time seeing Americans handing over this kind of cash for these items, especially when they can play another mmo for $15.00 a month and get these items for free.

That's because you have no idea what you are talking about. Most people will not buy anything from the shops, but then there are people that will spend several hundred dollars. This system has proven very effective and is the reason the vast majority of games use these shops these days.

There is no role-playing at all that I could find in this game.

I'd like you to "find" roleplaying in any game without a dedicated RP server. You wont, because it's done entirely in private chat. There are plenty of options to RP in this game. You know, if you didn't skip all the quests. Did you even read the background story on the website?

The community is indeed awful, the game doesn't deserve a 1 for that though. Any reviewer that gives a game a 1 in anything should not be reviewing games. I had no problem finding nice people to play with when I played this game. Just because a lot of people don't talk or speak English doesn't mean everyone in the game is horrible.

I'd like to request this review be deleted and redone by somebody competent. Preferably somebody that has played a MMORPG before. The game is far from fantastic, but it is above average for the type of game it is. It doesn't deserve the kind of abuse given to it by somebody who can't even read basic instructions, ones that are easy to find and well written. I'm sorry if this was harsh, but I'm really getting tired of reviews like this.
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

i agree with Darq on the review, though i personally havent played the game. the review did kind of set me off from playing.

too many mmos today have really bad communities which make games unenjoyable. if i wanted a craptacular community i would download CS:S and play with hackers and automatic snipers...

from my experiance NO game on this planet past or presant should ever get a 0 or a 10. if the ranking is 0-10. there is no such thing as a perfect game nor is there such a thing as a game so bad it shouldnt have been made.

i really dislike MMORPG's reviews most are bia's i think they should stop playing WoW and US made games and accually play MMOs from other countries. maybe then they will beable to give an unbias view of a game instead of rating it like they would if it was 100% yankie

• kumar7685kumar7685 Member Posts: 2
    Scions Of Fate

Well, as i was playing this game i noticed something...

about 97.5% of the time your doing quests.

there is absolutely NOTHING else you can do besides quests.

When your done with the quests from a certain area...

you go to another area to do MORE quest.

This part of the game became very boring and since this was

97.5% of the game, it made the entire game boring to play.

When you start to notice this, the only thing your thinking is

"What is the point of this?"

I would recommend this game for softcore mmo gamers.
  • DIMADMANDIMADMAN Member Posts: 61
    it's nice to see that she mentioned the lack of CS in mgame/netgame mmo's. 2 weeks + to get a 1:1 customer server reply taken care of for someone they knew was reviewing the game? Lol, that's just horrible. 2 weeks + to get a reply in a game that probably has less than 1k people playing it. Well, I guess it beats the other mgame masterpeice Legend of Ares. Only 100-150 players left in that game, and it can take months to get a customer service reply back. For people even contemplating this game, just run away. In fact, if you see MGame or Netgame attached to any F2P you are looking at, run away.
    Originally posted by DIMADMAN

it's nice to see that she mentioned the lack of CS in mgame/netgame mmo's. 2 weeks + to get a 1:1 customer server reply taken care of for someone they knew was reviewing the game? Lol, that's just horrible. 2 weeks + to get a reply in a game that probably has less than 1k people playing it. Well, I guess it beats the other mgame masterpeice Legend of Ares. Only 100-150 players left in that game, and it can take months to get a customer service reply back. For people even contemplating this game, just run away. In fact, if you see MGame or Netgame attached to any F2P you are looking at, run away.

Everything in that post is false. Ignore it. Just another troll. One of the problems with both of the games mentioned is that they are too crowded. 100-150 people? That's just a flat out lie. You'll see that many people in Ares just in the starter town, on each server. It's a horrible game, but it's free so it's swarming with people just like every other F2P game.

BTW I had had to contact CS twice while playing SoF, I got replies to both in under 24 hours. One was due to a player harassing me and they were promptly banned. This was using the websites 1:1 CS inquiry system, which I believe you are told to use. If you used some sort of in-game support, it's no doubt flooded due to the number of people playing. They probably have to ignore the ones that don't look like real issues. Like people complaining about others standing on their drops so they can't loot them.
  • CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

Had to laugh at this one comment from Darq: "BS. You can easily move out of a crowd by clicking off in the distance."

Shows me that A. he has never played the game and B. he has no clue what he is talking about.

Logging into any of these games is a huge task to get out of the main area, trying to click on something that can move you is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Originally posted by Ciredric

Had to laugh at this one comment from Darq: "BS. You can easily move out of a crowd by clicking off in the distance."
    Shows me that A. he has never played the game and B. he has no clue what he is talking about.
    Logging into any of these games is a huge task to get out of the main area, trying to click on something that can move you is like finding a needle in a haystack.
    Um, the distance at which you can select a target location to move to is far greater than the maximum distance the game will even load players onto your screen. You can click outside the city while you are standing in the middle of it and run out there.

Further, people are not so densely packed that you can't easily move around the city using closer clicks. Even in tightly packed areas there is usually a good 3-4 "tiles" between people.

So who doesn't know what they are talking about? Oh, right, you.
  • aadioaadio Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Who cares, you're arguing about retarded little details.

As far as I know there is no sub-section for just korean grind fest mmo's. All these games being reviewed are compared and contrasted against today's standard in MMORPG. Taking that into account, this game cannot possibly hold a candle up to your WoW, your LoTR, hell even your Vanguard.

To say that it's a decent game for a korean import, or a f2p, means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. It's a crappy game with a gimmick that you can play for free. It deserves the score it got because it's a bad game. This becomes more and more clear when people that defend it use sentences like... "Well, it's a free game...".

If it was truely worth playing and truely worth getting a higher score you would be able to find more good points to it.
  • CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

Like I said Darq, you have not played this game to make a ridiculous statement like that.  I found most of your commentary to be rather weak.  Next time pick a subject you know something about. 

Click and move is about as primitive as the pull down windows menus and just about as annoying.   All these korean grind fests employ this method making them jokes as far as gameplay.

That is why they are free, no one in their right mind would pay money to play this kind of garbage. 

Like I said Darq, you have not played this game to make a ridiculous statement like that.  I found most of your commentary to be rather weak.  Next time pick a subject you know something about. 
    Click and move is about as primitive as the pull down windows menus and just about as annoying.   All these korean grind fests employ this method making them jokes as far as gameplay.
    That is why they are free, no one in their right mind would pay money to play this kind of garbage. 
    For your information, Lineage 1 and Lineage 2, two mmo's who have taken up spot 2 and 3 as the most played MMO's for many years have point & click.

More and more games switch over to a free to play item shop model. now lets stop and think for a moment. would they really do that if people wouldn't pay for items in the game? Ofcourse not. there are many people paying items.

I also don't see how Point & click is primetive. Apperently, Western Grindfest have the illusion that they are a first person shooter that involves twitch based gameplay, which is obvious not the case. WASD movement just makes things unnecesary complicated.
  • Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939
    Originally posted by Gameloading

For your information, Lineage 1 and Lineage 2, two mmo's who have taken up spot 2 and 3 as the most played MMO's for many years have point & click.

More and more games switch over to a free to play item shop model. now lets stop and think for a moment. would they really do that if people wouldn't pay for items in the game? Ofcourse not. there are many people paying items.

I also don't see how Point & click is primetive. Apperently, Western Grindfest have the illusion that they are a first person shooter that involves twitch based gameplay, which is obvious not the case. WASD movement just makes things unnecesary complicated.

Point&click movement can never be as precise as WASD movement for the average player.  WASD actually makes it less complicated because your character moves exactly where you are telling him to go.  Point&Click will get your character to the point you clicked on, but pathing can create difficulties.  Pathing problems have been seen in most Point and click games from RTS to MMOs.  It is something that I have heard and read complaints about for as long as I have been playing PC games.  While WASD movement is actually a newer style of movement. 

Also, unless I am mistaken L2 added WASD movement because so many people were asking for it. 

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

Originally posted by aadio

Who cares, you're arguing about retarded little details.

As far as I know there is no sub-section for just korean grind fest mmo's. All these games being reviewed are compared and contrasted against today's standard in MMORPG. Taking that into account, this game cannot possibly hold a candle up to your WoW, your LoTR, hell even your Vanguard.

To say that it's a decent game for a korean import, or a f2p, means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. It's a crappy game with a gimmick that you can play for free. It deserves the score it got because it's a bad game. This becomes more and more clear when people that defend it use sentences like... "Well, it's a free game...".

If it was truely worth playing and truely worth getting a higher score you would be able to find more good points to it.
    Ok, the things is, it's not a "bad" game at all. You just don't like grinding. Many people do like grind fests, this is as much a subjective quality of the game as art style or whether it's heavily PvP or not. To compare a grind MMO to a non-grind MMO and say the grind game is bad because it's not like the other, is completely ludicrous. SF would be a very good game if it was localized and policed better.

Ok, you aren't even making any sort of point. I have the game installed, I logged on this morning and played for an hour. What is it that you think I'm wrong about? What ever it is, I assure you I am correct and you can check for yourself.

Get used to point and click, it's going to be around for a while. If you like destroying your wrists by holding down certain keys all the time and jamming others repeatedly, have fun. Point and click is infinitely easier, and the more preferred control system world-wide. WASD MMOs make up like 2% of the market, and they are almost entirely US/EU based.