Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions, trying out 14 day trial.

Just wondering, at the moment i'am downloading the client, got a 14 day trial key just some mins back, gonna use it as soon as the client is fully downloaded.

Anyway, the thing i wonder is, if i should like the game, and want to play past the 14 days, do i have the buy the game? if so is it possible to purchase the game over Internet? because i'am not sure if a store close by has the game at the moment.

Thats all for now, more questions may pop up.

Comments

• QwirkQwirk Member Posts: 136

I believe you do ave to buy a retail serial code to upgrade from trial to full version (rather than simply give billing info at the end of the trial for monthly fee)

But you easily do so at the PlayNC store
    http://www.plaync.com/us/store/

Currently $20 for AA retail code.
    Faster that way

but cheaper if you went to ebay or most game store sites.
    If you're lucky you can pick up the limited edition at BestBuy or Target for about $10
    example: standard edition on BestBuy site $9.99 +tax

• Great.
    Downloaded and installed the game.
    Patched up and launched to find out that i got CTD with a error saying "Auto assault crashed" something something.

Running Vista x64 so that may be the problem.
    This is happening every time i try to launch the game, so I've had no chance to test the game yet.

If anyone know of a fix or something i can do let me know.

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239

Yeh a Vista setup will be a bit dodgy as its fairlry new territory.

All I can do is point you to some posts made about AA running on VIsta from the official forums.

Today MS released an update to XML 4.0 which fixed an error message AA was giving and not running on my copy of Vista.

AA now runs, its oddly sluggish at medium graphics levels.. .I'm still tweaking, its certainly not performing where I'd expect it to given my 7300GT with 512mb of ram and 2gb PC5400 Dual Channel System memory.

Run vista in Administrator mode. It helps with alot of the crashes.

Also do not run xfire when playing AA, for some reason it is causing AA to crash a lot too.

to run in admin mode just right click on the icon and click the apropriate link.

In the games explorer: right click--customize--edit the "play" option--the under the compatibility tab is the options.

Taken from this thread HERE

Hope this helps.

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• yea i got it to work, so thanks.
    But as said, its was not a very enjoyable play, very slow. But thats probably because of the not to good drivers for vista yet.
    But the time i played it was very fun, so i'll just hope for some new drivers from nvidia/creative which will hopefully help the performance, not willing to give up vista yet.