Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Re-Review

124»

Comments

• rangbandrangband Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by Amatal

I would expect a staff writer to do a bit more research before making claims about bad preformance. Yes, the game will most likely prefore very badly IF YOU HAVE A GF8800 series card.
    Drop the 8800 and use an ATI or a 7000 series and you will be able to play perfectly fine.
    Now, that topic has been dragging on the official SOE tech forums since the cards were released, it also has a rather leanghty thread on the Nzone forums hosted by nvidia itself.
    It is actually a very disturbing issue, seeing that the most expensive gfx card on the market has drivers that preform like utter crap on many games- and in this case especially EQ2.
    It is even more disturbing founding out how uninterested and slow Nvidia seems to be in adressing those matters. After my experience with this, i am positive that the 8800gtx was the last card i have bought from Nvidia as it would seem that thier driver-writing staff consists of badly trained circus monkeys.

I run GF8800GTS 640mb @ 1920x1200 resolution on 24" LCD with Core 2 Duo E6600 2gb Ram and I don't have any problems at all (25-50fps). Even Qeynos Harbor runs fine and my settings are a custom mix between very high quality and High quality. This game is CPU intensive so having a faster CPU will make a big difference. At home I have X1900xt 512MB X2 4400+ CPU and 2gb ram and I still runs great at 1600x1200 although on raids I use a profile with lower settings.
    Originally posted by Browser_ice

How would my PC handle EQ2 ?  Should I just go with EQ1 instead ?

I like the idea of playing a bad guy.

The only other similar game I have ever played is the 10 day WOW trial last week. I liked it but ... 

I want to go solo in my first MMORPG game for a while to explore and then go in guilds. I was also looking at GW but just saw reviews of EQ2/EQ1.

AMD Athlon 3000+

2Gb memory

XP Pro SP2

ATI Radeon 9600XT

DirectX 9.0c

Plenty of HD space

My wife plays on A64 3000+ with 1gb ram but she had X850 XT video. Your CPU will work ok, the 2gb of memory will help alot but I would say your video card is lacking. It will play eq2 but you will need to turn the graphics down a good bit. Get a X1950XT for $165'ish if you have PCI-express slot otherwise pickup an AGP 7600 or 7950 if they have those in AGP.
    Originally posted by Ciredric

I like the game, but I have to agree that the customer service is horrid.  I think the GM's are on strike in this game.  That downgrades it to a 7 in my opinion, that and the lag he talks about. 

In the almost 3 yrs playing this game i've never once needed to use Customer service so that says loads for how stable this game is.