Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: Quick Fixes And Helmet News

Comments

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821
    Originally posted by chewdog82

I would have to say the most humerous thing about this is that THE GAME DOESNT HAVE HELMETS LOL. I mean i have beta tested this and wasted my time, and reported bug after bug after bug and they still droped the ball at release time, the game is garbage, and yes you do need a SGI system lol to run this compiledgarbage code. lol. with that said, dont waste your money to TEST the game out, wait another week they will probably have FREE PLAY for 2months to get new players cause they only have 1000 lol
    Wow, so much BS in 1 post.

Well, don't feed the Trolls.... but as I'm already here anyway :

If you really had beta tested the game you would know that the game indeed DOES have helmets and they DO work properly. What is currently missing is just the helmet graphics.

No, I don't have an SGI system. Although I know many are having problems with their lower end systems or due to some game or driver problems with some of their nvidia 8800 series, the game runs very well for me at max settings on a core2duo and an ati x1900xt-512.

And no, I don't think a game with more than 100k players will be free to play in 2 months.

Now chewdoggy, back to your cave.
    Originally posted by cupertino

Epic games dont even list Vangaurd on their list of unreal powered games www.unrealtechnology.com/html/powered/released.shtml shows you what Epic feel about the changes.... then again I would not admit to it.

I cant believe that in 5 years Sigil could not make their own engine, and instead choose an engine that was obviously not fit for purpose.
    VG is based on the unreal 2.5 engine + parts of the unreal 3 engine + heavily patched + speedtree. (the game will completely move to the unreal engine 3 (they will patch it in progressively) and also use dx10 in the future)

Actually, one of Sigil's devs working on the engine is a former Epic employee. He is still in good terms with Epic and has spent a lot of time working together with Epic, often on location at Epic's offices to improve and optimize the engine.

These advantages have allowed Sigil to get access to some unreleased parts of the unreal 3 engine and some personalized fine tuning with Epic's help.

So no, I don't think Epic is feeling bad about Vanguard

What is slowing the game down so much is the use of the unreal 3 engine parts with all the improvements that go with it and the amount of polygons and objects the game is drawing on the screen. That's pretty obvious and there's nothing to wonder about here. That said I'm sure it could use some more optimization though.
    Originally posted by mcharj11

It won't have over 100k players, the last time i was on VG all the server pops were light bar two which were medium. You know u can only make a first impression once Vg failed at this.

The last time Sigil reported about this they were closing in to 150k subscribers.
  • cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094
    Originally posted by BigMango

Epic games dont even list Vangaurd on their list of unreal powered games www.unrealtechnology.com/html/powered/released.shtml shows you what Epic feel about the changes.... then again I would not admit to it.

I cant believe that in 5 years Sigil could not make their own engine, and instead choose an engine that was obviously not fit for purpose.
    VG is based on the unreal 2.5 engine + parts of the unreal 3 engine + heavily patched + speedtree. (the game will completely move to the unreal engine 3 and also use dx10 in the future)

Actually, one of Sigil's devs working on the engine is a former Epic employee. He is still in good terms with Epic and has spent a lot of time working together with Epic, often on location at Epic's offices to improve and optimize the engine.

These advantages have allowed Sigil to get access to some unreleased parts of the unreal 3 engine and some personalized fine tuning with Epic's help.

So no, I don't think Epic is feeling bad about Vanguard

What is slowing the game down so much is the use of the unreal 3 engine parts with all the improvements that go with it and the amount of polygons and objects the game is drawing on the screen. That's pretty obvious and there's nothing to wonder about here. That said I'm sure it could use some more optimization though.

VG will not be moving 100% to Unreal 3 (I have a crystal ball), the devs said they planned to move to unreal 3 at some point, but Im sorry VG will never be popular enough to cost/time justify the move to Unreal 3, it runs like a pig in shite at the moment imagine it on unreal 3. 

It will be years till VG is pulling a profit and I dont see any investors giving Sigil any money to finance such a costly change... simple economics.

VG will not be moving 100% to Unreal 3 (I have a crystal ball), the devs said they planned to move to unreal 3 at some point, but Im sorry VG will never be popular enough to cost/time justify the move to Unreal 3, it runs like a pig in shite at the moment imagine it on unreal 3. 

It will be years till VG is pulling a profit and I dont see any investors giving Sigil any money to finance such a costly change... simple economics.
    Hmm... so you just checked in again to troll some more negative assumptions out of thin air. 

As for what you are saying concerning the engine, Sigil said they will be patching the rest of the U3 engine in progressively as the VG engine evolves.
    Edit : Aw, why can't I delete my own post ?  I edited another post and instead it saved it as a new one

Hmm... so you just checked in again to troll some more negative assumptions out of thin air. 

Might be an assumption but Its not a troll, Sigil are millions in debt to investors they are not pulling the 200k subs (minimum) Sigil said they needed to make a the game healthy... if you were an investor would you invest, given its poor reviews across the board, lack of players and lack of press interest post launch.

Brad talking about subscription numbers (thinks 500k+ is possible LOL): www.cesspit.net/drupal/node/1362

We do need enough subscribers such that Vanguard is a profitable venture such that Sigil can go on, making expansions and the like, as well as achieve meaningful profit sharing with our employees.

As I've said, however, to achieve that requires around 200k. I think given the appeal of the game, it's design and focus on immersion, long term gameplay and retention, freedom, etc., the size of the audience we are targeting, how much the gamespace has grown, the assertion that a significant number of people for whom WoW was their first game will find themselves wanting a game like Vanguard for their next MMOG, and the fact that because of our pedigree that we will attract a significant number of EQ 1 and EQ 2 players (and I don't mean just existing subscribers -- EQ 1, for example, while it peaked at between 450-500k subscribers, also has sold 2-3 million boxes -- so there are a huge number of people who played EQ 1, for example, over the last 7 years that while they aren't currently subscribers, were at one time, and are likely to be looking for the 'next' EQ)... I think if you consider all of that, a very conservative number for Vanguard is between 250k and 500k, a likely number 500k+, and a more bullish number one that approaches a million.

Saying that they are closing in on 150k subscribers is probably bs. They might have had round that when the game launched, infact they are probably using boxes sold as equal to number of subscribers so they arn't including the numbers that have cancelled or didn't cotinue after they're free month.
    Still assuming, are you?

Might be an assumption but Its not a troll, Sigil are millions in debt to investors they are not pulling the 200k subs (minimum) Sigil said they needed to make a the game healthy... if you were an investor would you invest, given its poor reviews across the board, lack of players and lack of press interest post launch.

Brad talking about subscription numbers (thinks 500k+ is possible LOL): www.cesspit.net/drupal/node/1362

We do need enough subscribers such that Vanguard is a profitable venture such that Sigil can go on, making expansions and the like, as well as achieve meaningful profit sharing with our employees.

As I've said, however, to achieve that requires around 200k. I think given the appeal of the game, it's design and focus on immersion, long term gameplay and retention, freedom, etc., the size of the audience we are targeting, how much the gamespace has grown, the assertion that a significant number of people for whom WoW was their first game will find themselves wanting a game like Vanguard for their next MMOG, and the fact that because of our pedigree that we will attract a significant number of EQ 1 and EQ 2 players (and I don't mean just existing subscribers -- EQ 1, for example, while it peaked at between 450-500k subscribers, also has sold 2-3 million boxes -- so there are a huge number of people who played EQ 1, for example, over the last 7 years that while they aren't currently subscribers, were at one time, and are likely to be looking for the 'next' EQ)... I think if you consider all of that, a very conservative number for Vanguard is between 250k and 500k, a likely number 500k+, and a more bullish number one that approaches a million.

"We do need enough subscribers  ...    to achieve that requires around 200k".

Nice, they already are at about 150k subscribers after the first month and growing (Sigils words as of the past week). Almost there after only 1 month, looks rather good to me

Nice, they already are at about 150k subscribers after the first month and growing (Sigils words as of the past week). Almost there after only 1 month, looks rather good to me Can you post the link to the offical source of this information and discription of whom sigil have counted as subscribers? such as 10day trial player?

there is some assumption yes, but when you take into account that every server has a light population except for two which have medium it doesn't say 150k subscribers.
    At what times are you logging in ?

At the times I log in, I see most of the US servers at medium (keep in mind this is not at US peak time).

I am playing on Gelenia. Every day I log in the server is on full, and this also shows in game, people are all over.
  • ThamorisThamoris Member UncommonPosts: 686

Vanguard is a great game that's only going to get better !

Pay no mind to the haters and trolls....these boards are infested with negativity.

Thanks for sharing !

Play Vanguard

The game that sucks less than the rest !

Nice, they already are at about 150k subscribers after the first month and growing (Sigils words as of the past week). Almost there after only 1 month, looks rather good to me
    Can you post the link to the offical source of this information and discription of whom sigil have counted as subscribers? such as 10day trial player?

It was posted by Brad on one of the guilds forums (FoH, SV or TT).

He was talking about people who have subscribed, this means after the 30 days.

This number looks about right as we can see ourselves on vgplayers that the game now has more than 500k characters. I myself currently only have 1 character, but 500k+ would mean an average of 3-4 chars per player; looks right.

I wondered when Thamoris would show up, bit slow today he usualy sniffs out posts concerning VG in seconds. Anyway the game DOES have a low population and the only thing igmango and Thamoris are trying to do is get more people to join the game so they actually can group with someone.
    Nice try at a troll. You are frustrated as you are getting no where with your BS, aren't you ?

No im just pointing out that the population on all servers except two are low and you are lying to readers by saying they are medium/full. Call me a troll if you want, it won't change the facts that you are just trying to recruit.
    Right NOW after I just checked in game:

Infineum : Medium

Gelenia : Full

Frengrot (PvP) : Low

All the other servers are now locked (meaning they have just been rebooted), but as of 3 hours ago they were on medium.

Keep in mind this is at off peak hours.

Until now the only thing you have been able to do was pulling assumptions out of thin air.

With your BS you are only showing on what crusade you are. So, Troll, stop calling me a liar and go back to your cave, will you ? 
  • ukforzeukforze Member Posts: 331

there is some assumption yes, but when you take into account that every server has a light population except for two which have medium it doesn't say 150k subscribers.
    At what times are you logging in ?

At the times I log in, I see most of the US servers at medium (keep in mind this is not at US peek time).

I am playing on Gelenia. Every day I log in the server is on full, and this also shows in game, people are all over.

Lol do you even know what your talking about now?

Regardless of the time you log in, the server will ALWAYS show as either light, medium, heavy,

depending on ACTIVE accounts, whether 2% or 100% of them are online when you log in is regardless,

it will always show population by active accounts ffs!

Secondly i aggreee with mcharj11 you & Thamoris are just recruiting / trying to dampen the colateral

damage the games took in all the forums & not just this one.

Face it,

At this rate their going to merge the servers in a last ditch effort to reduce costs or just close them altogether.

As your hero Brad states they need a min of 200,000 active accounts to make it worth keeping the

game alive, otherwise investers wont be happy to carry on pouring even more money into this

bottomless pit.

Theres less than 100k playing in my estimate, but like you say were speculating,

but you dont have any figures either do you? (oh apart from brads bs propaganda, cant blame him tbh)

I cant blame you or Thamoris for trying to 'big up the game' despite the masses who have spoken in anger

but what makes me laugh is...

If the games so f*cking good what the hell are you both in here all the time?

Recruiting methinks...

The Deathstar destroyed planets...Lucas Arts destroyed Galaxies

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Played:
    SWG | EVE | WOW | VG | LOTRO | WAR | FML | STO | APB | AOC | MORTAL | WOT | BP | SW:TOR

LOL at you, you stupid geek "go back to your cave, troll" . Mate you just can't accept that your game is dying and server merges will be on the cards soon and thats only Sigil hasn't filed for bankruptcy by then. No mate you are the troll as when someone who has played the game and has seen the server pops at peak times and makes posts regarding they're state is attacked just because you can't have anything that makes VG look bad on this thread. So you can take your trolling BS elsewhere, back to the vanbois forums for you.

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, absurd, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.

/bye

Play Vanguard !

Oh yeh & before you say im a troll, hes a troll... etc

Im sick of this 'leet' speak its all you can respond with! ...'Uh your a troll'

Yeh nice comeback lads...

Does'nt change the FACT your games on its arse does it!?

We seem to of hit a nerve methinks...

Played:
    SWG | EVE | WOW | VG | LOTRO | WAR | FML | STO | APB | AOC | MORTAL | WOT | BP | SW:TOR

I know what it means but the way he phrases things is stupid. Oh and was that all you had to say to defend your little vanbois mate.

You are trolling.....trying to get me to post an emotional response. It won't work....go find an easier victim as I'm off to play my favorite mmorpg !

Play Vanguard !

LOL at you, you stupid geek "go back to your cave, troll" . Mate you just can't accept that your game is dying and server merges will be on the cards soon and thats only Sigil hasn't filed for bankruptcy by then. No mate you are the troll as when someone who has played the game and has seen the server pops at peak times and makes posts regarding they're state is attacked just because you can't have anything that makes VG look bad on this thread. So you can take your trolling BS elsewhere, back to the vanbois forums for you.
    Farting more assumptions out of thin air, aren't you?

You see, compared to you posting BS all over, I have posted only verifiable facts and, thinking we were having an intelligent discussion, I even went out of my way and launched the game to check the servers list.

As they say, don't feed the Trolls, you see where it leads...
    Originally posted by Thamoris

I know what it means but the way he phrases things is stupid. Oh and was that all you had to say to defend your little vanbois mate.

You are trolling.....trying to get me to post an emotional response. It won't work....go find an easier victim as I'm off to play my favorite mmorpg !

Play Vanguard !

Lol he says this in every post all over this site...

'Uh (Cry) im off to play my favourite game' (when hes lost for words)

Why are you even in here if ppl like us who try to stop others wasting their money by posting

THE TRUTH are in here & you just cant handle these FACTS?

Just dont come in here, if your games so good there shouldnt be enough time in the day as it is

when you have a quality game to play & lots to do in it...

Played:

Uhm yes i must be the troll yes thats right, i was the that was attacked by Bigmango for posting sound information and i am the troll hmm.. yes that works. My dear Thamoris you are retarded.
    Hahaha, come on now, I attacked you ?

You ? posted sound information ? LOL. The only thing you did was pulling negative assumptions out of thin air.

Whats that BigMongo, is that crap dripping out the side of your mouth hmm.. yeh looks like , must be all that bs your talking.
    Face it VG will never have more than 100k subscribers and i'd be willing to bet that it has less, you are just a tool that creams his pants every time SoE or your hero Brad release a comment about the game.
    Haha, as they say, there's no point in arguing with teens

Farting more assumptions out of thin air, aren't you?

You see, compared to you posting BS all over, I have posted only verifiable facts and, thinking we were having an intelligent discussion, I even went out of my way and launched the game to check the servers list.

As they say, don't feed the Trolls, you see were it leads...

Lol when you loaded your game up to check the server status why didnt you just f*cking stay there?

Why do you think ppl come in here to have a pop at this game?

Its not to argue with ppl (belive it or not!)

Its cos we all expected better & feel SOE (yet again) have screwed us over

Its cos we wanted something to sink our teeth into

Its cos we think the game had more potential

Its cos the game was hyped up more than it actually turned out to be

Its NOT cos ppl like to come in & have a pop at a game they have never played ffs

We just DONT live in a FANTASY world like others & we can see the multitude of flaws in this flop m8

Give it time you say... mmm maybee but untill then im not paying to alpha or beta a game

especially when they dont even listen to the bug reports (& even disable it lol)

Played:

Bigmango in all fairness you flamed him first, just read back the posts,

This is exactly what im talking about ppl cant post with out being personally flamed

cos they cant handle the truth about their precious game

Plus you still have'nt released any 'Official' figures of the server pop so until then m8...

Lets have less 'troll' comments & less dribble, & let have more FACTS eh!

He still own3d you, try using FACT & not FLAME

Played: