Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phylon in Beta Allready?

KaneKane Member Posts: 780
FilePlanet is advertising a subrscribers only access to Phylon beta...and those of us that still have money in the company sit here with nothing at all. GOD DAMN I didn't think these jerks could sink any lower.

Comments

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

I was accepting an offer for a free trial for DDO a couple of weeks ago. The game files are on Fileplanet, unless they changed it. I had problems downloading, and contacted Codemasters. They tried to help, gave me alternative links to the files, (always on Fileplanet,) but never commented my exact problem.

When i tried to download, this was what happened, EVERY TIME:

I got a pop-up telling me where in the queue I was (obviously started as last in the queue), and an estimate to when download should begin, usually 22-23 mins. When the wait time was halved, everything was reset! Last in queue, and timer up on 22-23 mins again. AND the main window suddenly got redirected to a page with info on how to avoid the queue, by paying Fileplanet.

As said, every time! The whole setup looked like a scam. It looked like Fileplanet was trying to earn money on my free download.

I hate Fileplanet - may they burn in hell!

• flagg24flagg24 Member Posts: 11

Well just checked on the file planet deal and yup, they're advertising the beta that has apparently already started (guessing on this, since it says download and get in the beta today). So I went to the phylon site and I can now log in, but to check out the forums you need a key...

Those that preordered TC must be finding themselves on the bottom of RR's shoes, apparently. Hrmmmph, oh well... this will teach me to never pre order a mmorpg again.

• HamrtimeHamrtime Member Posts: 200

You think this could be another reason they fired CG? You know he wouldnt have stood for that kind of behavior. No matter what you think of him you know he would have steped to the plate and stood up for what was right. Things that make yah go hmmmmmmmmmm.

• dustyfogdustyfog Member Posts: 17
    Anyone remember or have written down RR's physical address?? I'm thinking about driving by and knocking on the door and asking for my refund .
  • HamrtimeHamrtime Member Posts: 200

Go Postal on their asses!

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by dustyfog

Anyone remember or have written down RR's physical address?? I'm thinking about driving by and knocking on the door and asking for my refund .
    Well I reccomend E-Mailing first.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• MoLoK_MoLoK_ Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Originally posted by CaesarsGhost

Originally posted by dustyfog

Well I reccomend E-Mailing first.

Yeah, RR is known for their fast answers. E-mailing will be a success.
  • CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    well I dunno who all's doing that over there now... if anybody.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• mavlockmavlock Member Posts: 9
    A bit steamed to see that fileplanet offer and I still have yet to receive word of anything since the big switcheroo, cept for what CG could provide.

This has not been a pleasant experience in my opinion.

<i just erased the rest>

bleh... anywho...  I'll just play LOTRO or whatever name I can drop.
  • darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    Sounds like we need to find a way to destroy their little scam, so that the people know of their dirty business. If we find out, then the FBI or whatever police can close down their website for doing some illegal business.