Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vista!

Remlin34Remlin34 Member Posts: 12
Wizet should make Maplestory for Windows Vista fast. Many people are getting the new computers with vista on them. I am getting a laptop in april with vista on it and I want to be able to play maplestory.

Comments

• HowDoIPlayHowDoIPlay Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Cant you just run Maple in compatibility mode?
  • OysterBoyOysterBoy Member Posts: 8
    maple works on vista
  • Chase05Chase05 Member Posts: 113
    Vista is not worth getting right, there are not many games that run on vista that great because some drivers are no supported well yet.

If i were u i would put XP on the new laptop u get because vista is only good for looks right now .

Besides, why the need to run maple story on Vista...
  • AshGUTZAshGUTZ Member Posts: 339

I have Vista, and i'm deeply dissapointed. As of right now, Vista seems like a hit and miss type of OS. Either your drivers and hardware works, or it doesn't. If it does, well congratulations. If it doesn't, welcome to the world of searching all over the internet for specific drivers to operate on your Vista OS. For example, my printer is a Lexmark x2350 series, nothing great. Due to having Vista, I was unable to use the software bundle provided at purchase. I go online, search all over for the drivers. I find the specific Vista drivers at the website. Unfortunatly, when I go to install them I can print the test sheet and scan the test sheet, but I am only able to use my printer later on. The actual connection through my USB always shows up as new hardware, which is also an annoyance. After looking through forums and such I learned that Lexmark did not release a Vista All-In-One series disk that will allow you use the printer AND scanner features. Greeeeat.

Also, with certain things like files and changing the information in files, you have to work with permission rights on the properties of them. This was only an issue when it came to trying to get drivers INTO certain files because of lack of access, and when I was trying to get the initial information for my computer installed.

Basically, it's a pretty system. It does require extra effort, and sometimes there are just things you are limited with doing on it. Time will fix this though, I think it's a lack of users that own Vista. Then again, I could be wrong.

• bloodwyrm14bloodwyrm14 Member Posts: 5

I Have Vista and MapleStory Works just fine on it i think that if your on a laptop vista works but if on desktop it doesn't only for the fact that you have less drivers to worry about on laptops than you do on a desktop..

A true warrior flexes like water, burns like fire, endures like earth, and floats like wind. with Honor,compassion, and loyalty a true warrior will prevail over in its way.

• bwayhawk2002bwayhawk2002 Member Posts: 4

If you ever find you have problems running MS in a normal mode on Vista, the tech support crew with MS has informed me that you can run the game in a Vista compatible mode, through the program properties, and that should increase stability in performance.

• UwokUwok Member UncommonPosts: 9

maplestory works fine on vista 32 bit

since the new hackshield update 64 bit versions, vista and xp arent playable anymore

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Uwok

maplestory works fine on vista 32 bit
    since the new hackshield update 64 bit versions, vista and xp arent playable anymore

why bump this?

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• lanzer898lanzer898 Member Posts: 1

so i have a desktop on vista.  the system type in 64bit so it dosent work right